IKEA Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
207 interviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in January 2011.

Standard interview process with job related questions with manager and HR.

Standard process.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2009.

It is very difficult to get an interview with IKEA, even if you have retail experience. They will hire for the right person, so show your good attitude through your resume. It helps if you know someone. They also want people there that will stay and grow.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Questions
    • 2 questions asked as a group:
      1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
      2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time
        Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in October 2010.

They asked standart interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's are the good aspects of IKEA, and what we can do to improve?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2010.

Typical behavior based questions, looking for situational answers.

I had three interviews each with 2 managers present.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths / weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an escalated customer issue?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2009.

My first interview was on the phone, where the interviewer asked me about my past work experience. Then I was asked why I left my last job, I replied that because I to move because of school. I was asked if whether I enjoyed working at my past work, which i replied yes to. Then I was asked me if about my educational background. I was then asked basic questions about what hours I was able to work and if I was able to lift 50lb. I was also asked questions about IKEA such as "What do I like about IKEA?And Why did I apply to IKEA?" To which I replied their commitment to the environment and the community.The phone interview was casual. I was then asked to come in for another interview a couple of days later.The interview consisted of questions like "What do are some of your positive/negative traits?" "What is some thing you are proud of?" "Recall a situation where you had to work as a team" "What should a team do in order to be successful?" The interview process was also very casual and one on one. I was then told to come back a couple days later to fill out paper work for background check and etc.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a situation where a you had to work as a team and over come a challenge?   Answer Question
    • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Graz (Austria)
    Anonymous Employee in Graz (Austria)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

One week after sending the application, I got invited to "a look behind the scenes" where they wanted to learn more about me. It was actually a group interview with 11 other applicants and 3 interviewers: head of visual merchandising, head of interior design and HR person.The athmosphere was really relaxed and casual, interviewers were smiling and laughing a lot, making jokes etc. They presented themselves first and then each applicant presented themselves and their backgrounds while everyone else listened. That was basically it. So at that point there were 12 applicants applying for two different jobs: visual merchandiser and interior designer.

Two days after the interview I got an invitation by email to come to an Assessment center. It was a whole-day (9-16) skills test including different teamwork tasks, decorating, drawing a sketch, making collages etc. I think we did about 7-8 different tasks during the day and every task was to be presented in front of everybody. There were eight of us this time applying for those two jobs.

The day of the assessment was Wednesday. They promised to inform us about going forward or not at the end of next week. On Friday of the next week there was still no word from them. I received an email next Monday that I did not go forward with them.

After the assessment tehre would have been at least one more interview, including the manager of the department store, before the would make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite usual: Why do you want to work at Ikea? Why would you be the best applicant? How do you see Ikea?   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!