IKEA

177 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in January 2011.

Interview Details Standard interview process with job related questions with manager and HR.

Negotiation Details – Standard process.

Sales Coworker Interview

Burlington, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2009.

Interview Details It is very difficult to get an interview with IKEA, even if you have retail experience. They will hire for the right person, so show your good attitude through your resume. It helps if you know someone. They also want people there that will stay and grow.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Interview Details It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Question – 2 questions asked as a group:
1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Interview Details Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Question – Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in October 2010.

Interview Details They asked standart interview questions.

Interview Question – What's are the good aspects of IKEA, and what we can do to improve?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2010.

Interview Details Typical behavior based questions, looking for situational answers.

I had three interviews each with 2 managers present.

Interview Questions

Warehouse Interview

Ottawa, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2009.

Interview Details My first interview was on the phone, where the interviewer asked me about my past work experience. Then I was asked why I left my last job, I replied that because I to move because of school. I was asked if whether I enjoyed working at my past work, which i replied yes to. Then I was asked me if about my educational background. I was then asked basic questions about what hours I was able to work and if I was able to lift 50lb. I was also asked questions about IKEA such as "What do I like about IKEA?And Why did I apply to IKEA?" To which I replied their commitment to the environment and the community.The phone interview was casual. I was then asked to come in for another interview a couple of days later.The interview consisted of questions like "What do are some of your positive/negative traits?" "What is some thing you are proud of?" "Recall a situation where you had to work as a team" "What should a team do in order to be successful?" The interview process was also very casual and one on one. I was then told to come back a couple days later to fill out paper work for background check and etc.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation where a you had to work as a team and over come a challenge?   Answer Question
  • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team   View Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Zug (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied via the company's site-for the position of the Supply Chain Specialist in Switzerland -had to fill the test online, after that I was contacted by the recruiter and the phone interview with the members was set - among one of the first questions was the question - why would you like to work in Switzerland. The next question was - according to your CV you have changed work every 2-3 years , why should we spend money to relocate you if you will leave us in 2 years. Really aggressive style, no questions about my qualifications .. The interviewer was rude and offensive - the worst interview experience ever.

Interview Question – Did not get any questions regarding the position at all.   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Woodbridge, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details Once i have finish my application a week later i received a phone call from they and that was my first interview. they said i passed on my application to the store i applied to. 3 days later i got the call to schedule my in-store interview. and once finished i had did a back ground check and once that went through i go another call for the second interview and got offered the job

Interview Question – when was a time you have offered to me a leader to a group   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My Start date and my work schedule

Interviews for Top Jobs at IKEA

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA interview questions and advice. All 177 interview reviews are posted anonymously by IKEA employees and interview candidates.