IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 7 Oct, 2014

2.5

Wahrehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IKEA.

called in for an interview with HR. - basic interview. why do you want to work here, why should we hire you. nothing out of the ordinary. applied in person during the summer got a call 3 days later for an interview

no mention of a negotiation they have a union and get raises every 6 months max's out after 3 years. everyone gets the same pay scale

Ballroom Co-worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Applied to the job AD at Ikea career section. Submit the application on the job ad removal day and get invited to a group interview on the next day. The over all experience is exact the same as other people had explained. Just be yourself. Study Ikea well enough. Not just the history, like what IKEA stand for(good to know ofc). Get to know the current news about Ikea, such as they focus on sustainability very much. They bought 20 Wind Turbine last year. And you need to emphasize IKEA is one of the company that willing to spend HUGE amount of $ to green energy which most company don't because it take too long (talking about 1-2 decades) to get the money back from that investment. Dont Buff. Be honest. Interview is fun and not too intense. And treat your other interviewer as friend, not enemy.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any unexpected question. You do get a LOT of unexpected question if you don't study IKEA well enough.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Questions
    • 2 questions asked as a group:
      1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
      2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time
        Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question
    N/A

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IKEA in January 2011.

Standard interview process with job related questions with manager and HR.

Standard process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA in October 2010.

They asked standart interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What's are the good aspects of IKEA, and what we can do to improve?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in April 2010.

Typical behavior based questions, looking for situational answers.

I had three interviews each with 2 managers present.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths / weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an escalated customer issue?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in May 2009.

My first interview was on the phone, where the interviewer asked me about my past work experience. Then I was asked why I left my last job, I replied that because I to move because of school. I was asked if whether I enjoyed working at my past work, which i replied yes to. Then I was asked me if about my educational background. I was then asked basic questions about what hours I was able to work and if I was able to lift 50lb. I was also asked questions about IKEA such as "What do I like about IKEA?And Why did I apply to IKEA?" To which I replied their commitment to the environment and the community.The phone interview was casual. I was then asked to come in for another interview a couple of days later.The interview consisted of questions like "What do are some of your positive/negative traits?" "What is some thing you are proud of?" "Recall a situation where you had to work as a team" "What should a team do in order to be successful?" The interview process was also very casual and one on one. I was then told to come back a couple days later to fill out paper work for background check and etc.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a situation where a you had to work as a team and over come a challenge?   Answer Question
    • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team   View Answer