IKEA

Average Difficulty
203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Interview Question – Why Ikea?
Tell us about yourself?
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in January 2011.

Interview Details Standard interview process with job related questions with manager and HR.

Negotiation Details – Standard process.

Sales Coworker Interview

Sales Coworker
Burlington, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2009.

Interview Details It is very difficult to get an interview with IKEA, even if you have retail experience. They will hire for the right person, so show your good attitude through your resume. It helps if you know someone. They also want people there that will stay and grow.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Interview Details It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Question – 2 questions asked as a group:
1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Interview Question – why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Interview Details Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Question – Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Toronto, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in October 2010.

Interview Details They asked standart interview questions.

Interview Question – What's are the good aspects of IKEA, and what we can do to improve?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Assistant Sales Manager
Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2010.

Interview Details Typical behavior based questions, looking for situational answers.

I had three interviews each with 2 managers present.

Interview Questions

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Ottawa, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2009.

Interview Details My first interview was on the phone, where the interviewer asked me about my past work experience. Then I was asked why I left my last job, I replied that because I to move because of school. I was asked if whether I enjoyed working at my past work, which i replied yes to. Then I was asked me if about my educational background. I was then asked basic questions about what hours I was able to work and if I was able to lift 50lb. I was also asked questions about IKEA such as "What do I like about IKEA?And Why did I apply to IKEA?" To which I replied their commitment to the environment and the community.The phone interview was casual. I was then asked to come in for another interview a couple of days later.The interview consisted of questions like "What do are some of your positive/negative traits?" "What is some thing you are proud of?" "Recall a situation where you had to work as a team" "What should a team do in order to be successful?" The interview process was also very casual and one on one. I was then told to come back a couple days later to fill out paper work for background check and etc.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation where a you had to work as a team and over come a challenge?   Answer Question
  • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team   View Answer

Co Worker Sales Interview

Co Worker Sales
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on a saturday and got a reply the next day or tuesday which really surprised me so I would say CV and Covering Letter is very important(maybe luck as well). Then i got an email saying that I have a group interview on a thursday but I couldnt do that thursday so I just told them, I will not be able to do it but they were so lenient and gave me the next thursday for the group interview and this time I attended.

In this group interview, you will have a icebreaker for about an hour, honestly its really chilled but as I am quite a shy at first person as soon as the questions got to me I fumbled with my words a lot and I actually said Im quite nervous sorry. Anyway so it starts with an icebreaker lasting an hour then the scary part...

They make you choose an item and please dont hesitate to run for an item you know youll do good at & basically you get asked how would you sell the products to the customer. Then thry will go thru you one by one then they will say theres a twist, you have to partner up w/ someone and choose between you two what item can give more functions or features for a customer.

The last test is how to give a good customer service and if you received a bad customer service ever what happened with that etc. This just shows the interviewers how well your good customer service skills are and how would you handle difficult situations.

Then this is where you find out if you got a spot or not, they half the group and LUCKILY i got in the group for the people who have a 1-1 interview whereas the other group didnt pass the test or stages.

For the 1-1 interview is where its really chilled, you tell them your availiability, how long it took you to get there and why ikea( i said good customer service and money lol).

If you made it this far on my story, ill give you a tip. Be yourself, dont be too bossy and dont be too quiet, be yourself guys.

Then if you get it, you get it. As for me i got a callback in 2-3 days. Then ill shorten it up and say i got another 10 min interview saying at which department ill be working at & my pay& my hours which leads to the next wee of you getting trained to 3-4 days which at this point allows you to officially become an ikea co-worker. Good luck & hope i helped! :)

Interview Question – The stage 2 which is selling a product I have chosen from a box.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be specific about how many hours you want and your shifts( morning or evening), if you have a good manager he will allow you to do the shifts youll prefer.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!