IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.6

General Warehouse Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Montreal, QC).

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview.the interview took about10-15 minutes.the questions were very basic:why should we hire you.what are your availabilities and why did you leave your previous employer.got invited to a group interview next week and im hoping i will get the job

Wahrehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Montreal, QC).

Interview

called in for an interview with HR. - basic interview. why do you want to work here, why should we hire you. nothing out of the ordinary. applied in person during the summer got a call 3 days later for an interview

Negotiation

no mention of a negotiation they have a union and get raises every 6 months max's out after 3 years. everyone gets the same pay scale

Ballroom Co-worker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Applied to the job AD at Ikea career section. Submit the application on the job ad removal day and get invited to a group interview on the next day. The over all experience is exact the same as other people had explained. Just be yourself. Study Ikea well enough. Not just the history, like what IKEA stand for(good to know ofc). Get to know the current news about Ikea, such as they focus on sustainability very much. They bought 20 Wind Turbine last year. And you need to emphasize IKEA is one of the company that willing to spend HUGE amount of $ to green energy which most company don't because it take too long (talking about 1-2 decades) to get the money back from that investment. Dont Buff. Be honest. Interview is fun and not too intense. And treat your other interviewer as friend, not enemy.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected question. You do get a LOT of unexpected question if you don't study IKEA well enough.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA (Toronto, ON) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions asked as a group:
      1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
      2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time

Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Toronto, ON) in March 2012.

Interview

Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Montreal, QC) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process with job related questions with manager and HR.

Negotiation

Standard process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA (Toronto, ON) in October 2010.

Interview

They asked standart interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What's are the good aspects of IKEA, and what we can do to improve?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Vancouver, BC) in April 2010.

Interview

Typical behavior based questions, looking for situational answers.

I had three interviews each with 2 managers present.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths / weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an escalated customer issue?   Answer Question