IKEA

Average Difficulty
205 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Interview Question – Why Ikea?
Tell us about yourself?
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in January 2011.

Interview Details Standard interview process with job related questions with manager and HR.

Negotiation Details – Standard process.

Sales Coworker Interview

Sales Coworker
Burlington, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2009.

Interview Details It is very difficult to get an interview with IKEA, even if you have retail experience. They will hire for the right person, so show your good attitude through your resume. It helps if you know someone. They also want people there that will stay and grow.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Interview Details It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Question – 2 questions asked as a group:
1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Interview Question – why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Interview Details Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Question – Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Toronto, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in October 2010.

Interview Details They asked standart interview questions.

Interview Question – What's are the good aspects of IKEA, and what we can do to improve?   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Assistant Sales Manager
Vancouver, BC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2010.

Interview Details Typical behavior based questions, looking for situational answers.

I had three interviews each with 2 managers present.

Interview Questions

Warehouse Interview

Warehouse
Ottawa, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2009.

Interview Details My first interview was on the phone, where the interviewer asked me about my past work experience. Then I was asked why I left my last job, I replied that because I to move because of school. I was asked if whether I enjoyed working at my past work, which i replied yes to. Then I was asked me if about my educational background. I was then asked basic questions about what hours I was able to work and if I was able to lift 50lb. I was also asked questions about IKEA such as "What do I like about IKEA?And Why did I apply to IKEA?" To which I replied their commitment to the environment and the community.The phone interview was casual. I was then asked to come in for another interview a couple of days later.The interview consisted of questions like "What do are some of your positive/negative traits?" "What is some thing you are proud of?" "Recall a situation where you had to work as a team" "What should a team do in order to be successful?" The interview process was also very casual and one on one. I was then told to come back a couple days later to fill out paper work for background check and etc.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation where a you had to work as a team and over come a challenge?   Answer Question
  • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team   View Answer

FOOD Cashier Interview

FOOD Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Interview Details First received a phone interview. Then got called back to have an in person interview. Pretty simple interview. How do you work in a team, What are your greatest accomplishments? Where do you se yourself in the future? Do you have reliable transportation? THe interviewer was super nice.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!