IKEA

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2012.

Interview Details You get one interview to know whether they want to hire you or not. Coworkers are guaranteed an interview if they had applied for a job within the company. The interview can involve one or more managers in the room with you. They will ask you pretty typical questions, like "Tell us about a time when you really bent over backwards for a customer to be satisfied." Or "Tell us about a time you managed to work through extreme stress." Because they are not very willing to train people, they are expecting you to have at least some experience in what you applied for, unless it is an entry level position. Interviews are casual dress to make you feel more comfortable. Having family working in the company gives you a size able advantage when it comes to getting a job. If you do not get the job, they will let you know in person or over the phone.

Interview Question – They will ask if you have any questions. Ask them a few safe questions, because they see that as interest and willingness.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Interview Details About a week after applying, got an email requesting a phone interview. The questions were easy, and included ones like "When is it best to work as part of a team/individually?" and "Describe a time when you worked with someone who was culturally different than you." A few days after that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Again, easy questions like "Describe a time when you faced a problem at work."

Interview Question – All questions were standard interview questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, was called back for an impromptu phone interview. Questions were standard job interview questions, with some about my knowledge and opinion of the company. Was called again about a week later for another impromptu interview with similar questions, after which I scheduled an in-store interview. That interview is tomorrow and I'm hopeful about my chances.

Interview Question – When have you gone above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Interview Details Filled out the application online, heard back the next day thru email saying that the postion was filled. Applied again, got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told that my application would be sent to the location which I applied. Few weeks later I was called for another phone interview and an in person interivew. The in person interview was fairly easy. Normal behavioral interview questions. I was told I had to do a background check which was the most difficult part. Ikea does their background checks through a very unprofessional comapany, and it took almost two weeks for the check to be completed. I was also told I would recieve an email once it was recieved, but I never did. I ended up having to call ikea myself to make sure they recieved my information.

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details applied online, received an email, went in for an interview, was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question

Carson, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details I filled out application online and a few days later I recieved a phone call from outside state. They left a message. I called back and the interview answered and proceeded with the interview. It was rather quick. He said he would forward my answer to the store manager in 7 to 10 days

Interview Question – why would like to work for IKEA?   Answer Question

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details I Applied on line and within 2 days received an voice mail from an individual wanting to do an over the phone interview it was basic he seemed really nice he said he would be sending my information over to the hiring manager and I should hear from them within 10 days

Interview Question – Why IKEA   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in November 2012.

Interview Details applied online,received an email inviting me to there on the spot hiring event, that same day got interview and got a drug test..still waiting for there call hope they call me.

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details Submitted app online, recieved email to call in for a phone iterview about one week later. Called left message. Hiring Manager called me back the next day and asked me three question.
1) why ikea
2) describe a time you had to work part as a team, what was your role and what was the outcome
3) describe a time you had to work with someone different from you
Then he stated someone would call me back in 7-10 days

The next evening I got a phone call asking me to come in for an in person interview which was scheduled for the following day. When I arrived I filled out a paper app which included a background and credit consent form. I interviewed with two dept. managers, very very nice ladies. The began with "tell me about yourself". They asked about 5 behavioral questions, told me the pay for this position and asked me if I had any questions. Before I left they gave me a copy of the benefits provided to employees and said someone would contact me 3-5 days (i'm assuming after the results of the background and credit check returned). Recieved email today stating I didnt get the job

Interview Question – Describe a time you defused an irate customer   Answer Question

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details There was a phone interview, and then a group interview that turned into a 1:1 interview. Each candidate was separated from the group and asked fairly simple questions. The interview process was easy.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!