IBM Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
2,568 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, and then one week later for the face interview. Need to write some coding for search data on twitter. There is no one answer. You can write any idea you have.

Financial Analyst Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with an interview with a direct manager, 10-minute excel test and lastly a peer interview. After all that was complete, I was also emailed an IBM test on sequential patterns and algebraic math questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Take 1 month after application submitted to get phone interview, a phone interview. general questions about your history, experience. Manager will describe job for most of time, there are front end and back end, they share information, so be prepare for both.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I got an email for the interview. it was 1-1 interview, interviewer asked for the previous projects i have done besides the academic projects, some behavioral questions about conflicts with other people, if someone doesn't contribute to the project in the group.... and at the end one technical question, how to delete a node from linked list. It was pretty easy, haven't received any offer yet.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Markham, ON) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an in person final round interview. There were some questions about my experiences but it consisted mostly of technical knowledge questions (design patterns, Java, no algorithms)

Software Developer, Coop Interview

Interview

Interview was mainly questions from my resume, about my past work experiences and projects. Technical concepts relevant to the team's functionality were asked. At the end of the interview, I was informed about the team's functions, and the required skill sets that will be useful for the role.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through university job hiring process.

Got interview within a few days.

Interview by Skype with Senior Developer and PM:
    Talked about personal projects, how I implemented them.
    Easy questions, about socket.io, node.js, query, mongoDB...

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied on a whim my second time and ended up getting an e-mail from a recruiter to chat. Explained a lot about the program, asked some high-level questions, and clarified questions that I had. Invited me to interview that Friday. Had a one-on-one (or two) with a MP and AP. Lots of behavioural-based questions, but they did ask me about every single thing on my resume (including things I thought were inconsequential retail/school-related/etc. jobs/volunteering). Lasted around 30-45 minutes. Recruiter contacted me early the next week to take an aptitude test. Received the offer the week after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

the interviewer was late for an hour, but he was very nice. The questions are most about Java and C++, algorithm, pattern, and concurrency. No behaviour question was asked. At the end he told me to wait for a followup.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON).

Interview

First received a phone interview which was very informal. From there an interview was scheduled with two IBM representatives. Both asking questions and taking notes. Interview lasted just under an hour and there were about 8 questions. The two representatives also talked about life at IBM.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically all related to past experiences. Situational type questions...
      i.e Demonstrate a time where you effectively used time management to accomplish a task?

Answer Question