IBM

2,328 Interview Reviews

2.8

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

First received a phone interview which was very informal. From there an interview was scheduled with two IBM representatives. Both asking questions and taking notes. Interview lasted just under an hour and there were about 8 questions. The two representatives also talked about life at IBM.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basically all related to past experiences. Situational type questions...
      i.e Demonstrate a time where you effectively used time management to accomplish a task?

Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied through Indeed website. I received a call regarding the position. The first round was a phone call interview (both behavioral and technical). Then, on-site interview (lasted 2-3 hours), talk with manager and multiple teams. They asked all technical questions, very easy linux commands and network knowledge questions.

Extreme Blue Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Initially applied online. Got a call and went through the process. Couple of technical interviews to get thought. Work through problems on the phone and write code in a google document where they hear speak and see you typing. They want to get a feel for how you work through a problem. (tough! Know your algorithms, their possible implementations and complexities) then you interview with the managers and teams looking to hire you. You have to fit, you are not guaranteed a position still at this point. They will test you HARD!

Interview Questions
    • lookup bitonic sort algorithm on Wikipedia. From the picture alone try write real code for the parallel algorithm. That was a question I got for one of one of the teams.   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

IBM visited campus, there was initial screening test then group discussions and finally technical and HR interview.
    Interviewing panel was very patient with me and sensible in asking questions. They asked very technical questions pertaining to SAP.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to achieve being an SAP consultant?   Answer Question

QA Test Automation Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

There were 2 round interviews. First interview iwth teamlead and colleague. It is best that you prepare more on behavioural and some basic like input and output in programming language of choice

Interview Questions
    • Program a guess game... they were interested in the program only. Brush up how to take input in java or any programming language of choice. They asked salary compensation... best reply I would suggest is company standardbecause I actually quoted out of nervousness.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Process was dragged out, each stage took longer than they said it would, and apart from the final interview not particularly involved. I had a phone screen followed by a quick group panel round with a group case and then a 1:1 interview with a partner. The phone screen was pretty straightforward (why IBM, tell me about yourself, etc.); the panel was trivia based, and the interview was unexpectedly long.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Received an email from HR to have two interviews with two Finance Managers. One interviewer scrutinized my resume in detail; the second one was easy going. Received invitation to the second round. I interviewed with the CFO of IBM Canada - she was very straightforward

Interview Questions
    • What is the relationship between the nature of your jobs as an intern? Caught me off-guard because I had four internships in four different companies & industries   Answer Question
    No negotiation; new grad so not much beside internships under my belt.

Rational Software Delivery Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

After applying through the company website, I received an email about a week and a half later that said I needed to complete their IPAT Test (which is pretty much a pattern recognition and math problem solving test, and most math problems were the "if a train leaves the station at 9am going 100km/h, and another train leaves at 9:30am going 80km/h, when will they meet?" type of question).

While I was writing the test (which I thought was very difficult), I received another email saying that I had been selected for an interview. This means that they had selected me for an interview before I had completed the test (and before seeing my result), which I thought was strange.

The interview was around an hour long. I was interviewed by three people: one was the team lead, the other was a system admin, and the other was a current intern. They began by telling me about their team and what they did, and then proceeded to ask me about my resume. They were extremely thorough, going through my resume line by line and asking me to elaborate on every point I made.

After that, they asked some behavioural questions. The two I can remember were:

- "What would you do if an important client had completely changed their mind about what they wanted, and that meant that you had to restart from scratch to fulfill their new request?"

- "How would you deal with a member of a team that wasn't pulling their weight on a project?"

From there, they began to ask basic technical questions. The first were simple ones about general web development (what's a CSS media query, how does search engine optimization work, what are some best practices in web security). The next questions were related to Java (explain the differences between procedural programming vs object oriented programming, what's an object, what's a thread). The last few questions were related to linux system administration (how do you add a new user, how would you schedule a task to execute a week from now). The final question was kind of unexpected, since it was simply "what is agile development?"

The interview concluded with all three interviewers talking about open source projects they had been working on.

Interview Questions
    • On a linux system, how would you schedule a task to execute a week from now?   View Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Not much stuff. Just went through your resume, and discuss about your knowledge and experience of SQL.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if one of your teammate is slacking off while the deadline of a big project is approaching?   Answer Question

Deskside Support Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Plain and standard.