Hyatt

65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Interview Details Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Question – What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Account Payable Clerk Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details Applied through Hotel Job Fair in Seoul, handed over CV in English. Received call from HR to come down for an interview with DOF and HR. After basic screening questions (why Finance, can you relocate, etc), was offered second interview with GM, Owning Company director, EAM, HR Director altogether at once. After a week there was reply from HR.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with numbers?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Security Officer Interview

Koloa, HI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

Interview Details I heard the hiring process has changed lately. Now in the state of Hawaii they require some security guard card which I believe is obtained by sitting through a 8 hour class or something like that and at the end you are given this card. The interview was fairly straight forward. HR will be the first to interview you and they will determine right away if you will be introduced or not to the Security director. If you get introduced to the security director chances are you got the job. If not then better luck next time. After that they call and let you know if you got the job and then you are scheduled for an orientation and they will ask you when you can start working. If you so choose you can start work immediately after orientation if your shift is in the evening or graveyard etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years in regards to employment? I was honest and said this was a temporary gig for me and I was waiting on something else to come up. It's a tricky question because I don't want to lie and say I plan on making this job my career and staying here till retirement etc... That's a lie and it shows no signs to want anything more then whatever you are applying for. I sucked it up told the truth and still got hired even though they knew I was in the hiring process for something else. My advice be honest...   View Answer

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details Pretty standard interview, however one woman was very unprofessional. While trying to expose my character, she mentioned a lot of drinking and partying which made for an uncomfortable experience. However, the other staff I met were very professional and kind.

Interview Question – Top 5 blogs you follow.   Answer Question

Storeroom Attendant Interview

Bradenton, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hyatt in February 2014.

Interview Details I was caught off guard with a phone interview. Called two days ago but wisely let it go to voicemail as i did not recognize the number. Called back today and spoke to the HR person. She was nice on the phone but i again did not expect a phone interview as this was not stated in the message on my voicemail. What i expected was to be set up with a 1-1 interview. I was courteous and she did come across a little abrasive towards the end. I will probably not apply for a job at any Hyatt again,

Interview Questions

• Asked about why i did not want to work holidays,   View Answer
  • explain what you do at your current job   View Answer

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager
Reston, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details Just received a letter stating I wasn't what they were looking for- I believe if they had met me they would think differently.

Van Driver Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2011.

Interview Details Staff was very professional and courteous. Hotel is great location and nice place to work. Interviews are behavioral style. Be prepared to have specific stories about your prior guest service experience. The more detailed the better. A manager and supervisor were present for my interview. The entire interview only took about a half hour followed by a quick tour of the hotel.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you delighted a guest.   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Key West, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2012.

Interview Details Online application, phone interview, initial interview with HR Director, final interview with Director of Catering. Received job offer within 1 week after final interview.

Interview Question – - Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
- How will you deal with difficult clients who now have a new manager to work with?
- Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how was it resolved?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation other than the start date. The salary, benefits, and job requirements were firm.

MIS Analyst Interview

MIS Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2010.

Interview Details Relaxed, friendly interview. Took place in the hotel lobby which was quite comfortable.

Interview Question – "Why should we choose you?" was the most difficult. (Read: Not too hard of an interview)   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details Position was had an immediate need to be filled, so took about a week after I applied before I got a call, but then scheduled an interview for the next day and got the job offer the following day. Interview process was fairly straight forward and very pleasant. Interviewed with both AGMs and after going through my qualifications and basic interview, they went over various scenarios and asked me if I was comfortable working in those types of environments and wanted to be sure I would be a good fit – examples included sudden and drastic changes in company policies, guest complaints, driving a large passenger van, preparing food service in middle of night on top of front desk and audit duties.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why not the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hyatt

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!

Hyatt Videos

Hyatt – Why Work for Us?

We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyatt interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hyatt employees and interview candidates.