Hyatt

Updated 21 Feb, 2015

2.4

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in November 2014.

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Sales Coordinator Interview

It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Culinary Interview

I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Personal Intro

no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Gallery Host Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. $10 an hour.

Restaurant/Bistro AM Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Fairly easy, started off slightly shaky because me and interviewer were quite nervous. Eventually Adam fell into interviewer mode and it made me feel more comfortable. He offered me a drink and snack, then went on to describe company ways and the job description itself. Was real laid back and easy. A week later another interview with the GM

Interview Questions
    • Experience working with food? Interacting with business people?   Answer Question

Gallery Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in February 2015.

Responded to an online job ad for a position at Hyatt Place and I was contacted via email to schedule an interview.

The interview was held in the lobby. I was asked the basic interview questions and then explained the everyday duties of the position I applied for. After that, the interview was over and I was told that I will be contacted for a second interview by the general manager if I am still considered for the position.

Reservationist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Applied online and was emailed back and invited to their hiring event. Showed up early and was able to be interviewed right away. Both interviewers were very nice. I felt very comfortable with them.