Hyatt

Updated 11 Jan, 2015

2.4

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in November 2014.

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Sales Coordinator Interview

It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Culinary Interview

I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Personal Intro

no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Server Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

I was interviewed by 2 persons and was asked situational and traditional interview questions. It only took me 10 minutes for that 2 interviews. The first interviewer asked me of what position I'm applying to and if I have any experiences related to that. While the second interviewer asked me of my hobbies and just some confirmation of what the first interviewer asked me.

Interview Questions
    • Questions aren't really that difficult though. you just have to answer honestly.   Answer Question

Recreation Attendant Interview

Didn't feel like an interview. More like a discussion. Hired on the spot. I really don't have much more to say. They called me in, I came in, toured the place while talking about life, got the job. There's nothing more.

Recreation Grounds Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

Fun and interactive. Not intimidating at all. easy going people and a lot to learn from these coworkers, Kate was great at asking questions and making me feel like i belonged here. Everyone says hi.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

It al took two days roughly I went in for the interview met with two people they liked me and I took a drug test that day. The manager was very nice and friendly guy. The people at the hotel who trained me were also very nice.