Hyatt

2.4

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Sales Coordinator Interview

It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Culinary Interview

I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Personal Intro

no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hyatt.

I had an initial interview with the recruiting manager then she took me up to the front desk manager lastly I interviewed with assistant director of rooms. All were very friendly loved the fact I was a hospitality management graduate and had a great personality and were willing to bring me on board fresh out of school.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate but explained my long term goals of moving up in the company

Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

Completed an online application. Received a call a couple of weeks later to schedule an interview. My interview was the following day. The interviewer was pleasant. She went over the duties of the position and the requirements the hotel has set forth for home agents and well as onsite agents. Basic interview questions and the entire conversation lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Before we ended the called, she informed me that a background check and employee verification was the next step, and that there were other applicants still needing to be interviewed and I would hear back in 5-7 days.

6 days later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, if you are knowledgeable of the customer service and sales field. My suggestion is to be honest and build rapport with the interviewer quickly.   Answer Question
    The pay rate is already set. Negotiation was involved in the process.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2014.

I applied on-line then drove to the hotel and presented myself and my resume to the concierge. She took me to HR and after checking that all was correct in the on-line submission an HR person screened/interviewed me. I three days later I had a second interview with the Hiring Manager, then about four days later I had a third interview with the HM and the department Director.Following the third interview there is a 5-7 day wait as they do your background check as well as reference check. The entire process was smooth and HR was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    They gave me my asking salary.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2013.

One Interview with hr and only with the manager of the department. Your department manager makes the final decision so make a great impression. Do a little research on your department before your interview

Interview Questions
    • They ask you a lot of corporate questions about the company! Do your research.   Answer Question
    • They ask a lot of common since questions but try to confuse you so just stay focus.   Answer Question
    There was none! You get the job and that's it. You start with base pay

General Engineering Maintenance Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2010.

Two phone calls,1:1 interview.. basic questions..Orientation good training one or two weeks depends of the position..Check you background.. Two persons conduct the interview process one from Human Resources and one of the department Manager

No chance to negotiate..

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!