Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.4

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Toronto, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Culinary Interview

Interview

I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Interview

Personal Intro

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Toronto, ON) in April 2012.

Interview

Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Toronto, ON) in April 2011.

Interview

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Security Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

Started with an open, cattle call style interview. In the process I met with the dept head and HR rep in seperate interviews. After passing that round, there was an interview with the director

Massage Therapist-casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Awili Spa/Andaz hotel at Wailea. They only hire dual licensed people for full-time or part time positions, so they asked which days I am available as they wanted 2 days a week on-call availability. You can refuse 3 times before they fire you. I offered them 4 days to choose from and a couple of days later in the training part they told me they thought I am available all 4 days and that was the only reason why they hired me. So I guessed since that day for the following couple of weeks I managed to last I was in the category of "least favorite therapists"

I had to give 2 practical full 60 minutes' massages (both to the lead therapist and the spa manager) vs 1 massage in most other places. The training part: 2 weeks/ training results were generally based on favoritism of the lead therapist, there was a lot of focusing on one trainee and ignoring and yelling and rude comments towards another one.

Also if they are overloaded with clients and they need you to start working soon depending on the availability days you provided you are going to be cleared right now, if they don't need you until next week or later they are going to fail your treatments' demos no matter what and offer you to do the whole several hours thing on them over and over again until they think you are ready.:)))

The reasons they give are: 4 sugar crumbs on the floor left after you swept the floor after the treatment, your hands were cold after the lead therapist/client intentionally asked to set up the room temperature very low and before the treatment you made sure the t is ok for the client and the client said he likes it cold. So, raising the room temperature is not ok to solve the cold fingers problem, you must give the same body treatment to them again to get rid of it.

The feedback they are giving after you massaged them and scrubbed them and wrapped them for 3 hours is very rude, personally I don't think I've ever received anything like that in my entire history of employment and job interviews. There was generally NOTHING good said at all and everything was "totally unacceptable and inappropriate". I have no idea how it has worked out for me and my clients for the last 13 years...I should just focus on some different area of talents now...:)

Generally it looked more like begging for free massages and body treatments and desperate looking for excuses for that in an aggressive manner rather than professional approach so I had to explain that would probably not going to work for me.

They told I would receive 1 paycheck/training hours-2 weeks and I never received one, I contacted the spa manager about the problem and never received any reply.

So I guess I presented them 3 free massages plus the "horrible" wraps and scrubs they trained me at and received nothing but yelling and complaining about my cold hands.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.