Hyatt

Very Easy Interview

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Interview Details Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a good fit?   Answer Question

Culinary Interview

Culinary

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Question – What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Server Assistance

Interview Details Personal Intro

Interview Question – Why would you wanna get this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Outlets Assistant Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Interview Details Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Question – What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Front Office Agent Interview

Front Office Agent
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details I was contacted via phone 2 days after I applied for the position and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the front office manager and he asked basic questions...what's your goal, why do you want to work for Hyatt...nothing difficult. A few min later I met with the assistant director of rooms and we just spoke casually about the property, company and my past experience.

Interview Question – If I could be any shoe, what kind would I be   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details typicall interview nothing extensive or any difficult questions you go through 3 interviews very easy typical questions it felt like the interview is just to see what type of personality you have and what type of person you are

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2014.

Interview Details I got a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview but he was not going to be in. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was leaving next week to a different department. They asked basic questions such as why you would think you would be the best candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why Hyatt, and so on and so forth

Interview Question – Why would you want to work at Hyatt instead of any other hotel in the city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, pay and benefits were firm

Assistant Banquet Manager Interview

Assistant Banquet Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details I interviewed with a recruiter at a campus job fair before graduation. The recruiter had an informational seminar they day before the job fairs and scheduled interviews at the job fair. The recruiter likes to see that you are prepared, as you should be. Fill out the application and job test online beforehand and turn in a copy in person. Recruiters are very personable and want to get an idea about the person, not necessarily about technical skills and knowledge. Also, you are asked to give the top 3 locations you would prefer and they make you offer based on those if available.

Interview Question – Examples about turning around situations with customer care, why this specific industry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much, all trainees are brought in at a specific salary based on the area and hotel income. Benefits package is nice and there is a raise in 6 months and each year.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in November 2013.

Interview Details HR process was very disorganized. I had to deal with two different recruiters, and the communication was horrible. Once I made it through that gauntlet and was able to talk to real employees, the process was great.

Interview Question – The global head of technology asked me so many difficult and thoughtful questions I can't recall most of them. Many were around my hobbies, dreams and aspirations. I left the interview so inspired I have never wanted a job so badly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. Incredible environment to work in.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!