Hyatt

Updated 5 Nov, 2014

2.4

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in November 2014.

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Sales Coordinator Interview

It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Culinary Interview

I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Personal Intro

no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   Answer Question
    N/A

Operating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied on line and a few days later was called to have the first interview with the Director of Engineering where a great deal of questions revolved around knowledge of mechanical systems which are critical to the operation of a NYC high rise building.
    This interview was followed by a second with the hotel's General Manager a week later and the following day there was a background check and drug test. After the results came in several days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • was based on equipment I knew of through schooling but had actually never worked on.   View Answer
    This is a union position. The contract was already negotiated through collective bargaining.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question
    There was none

Administrative Assistant Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question
    negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.