Hyatt

Very Easy Interview

Banquet Server Interview

Banquet Server
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Interview Details Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a good fit?   Answer Question

Culinary Interview

Culinary

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Question – What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Server Assistance

Interview Details Personal Intro

Interview Question – Why would you wanna get this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Outlets Assistant Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Interview Details Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Question – What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details typicall interview nothing extensive or any difficult questions you go through 3 interviews very easy typical questions it felt like the interview is just to see what type of personality you have and what type of person you are

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in November 2013.

Interview Details HR process was very disorganized. I had to deal with two different recruiters, and the communication was horrible. Once I made it through that gauntlet and was able to talk to real employees, the process was great.

Interview Question – The global head of technology asked me so many difficult and thoughtful questions I can't recall most of them. Many were around my hobbies, dreams and aspirations. I left the interview so inspired I have never wanted a job so badly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. Incredible environment to work in.

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

Sales Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details First received a phone call from HR asking standard questions for the position. I then was asked to schedule an in person interview. I met with two sales managers and it was more of a get to know me interview and was very relaxed. I was asked normal questions about working as a team and my previous experience. After this I was called to come in for the final interview. Here I met with 5 different people and were told in more detail about the position and asked normal questions. All of them asked why hyatt and why this position.

Interview Question – Nothing was too hard, everything you would expect.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details Two Step interview process, starting with a group interview and then a two person panel interview. Very standard behavioral and competency based interview questions on both. Waiting time for a hiring decision is not too long, usually within a week or so.

Interview Question – Any behavioral question.   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in April 2014.

Interview Details hiring process was very smooth and timely. Paperwork on orientation day was well organized and beautifully managed. The hotel tour was thorough and lunch with the managers & owner was a treat!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I knew the offer would be for two shifts a week and I accepted. It was exactly what I expected.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!