Hyatt

Updated 1 Oct, 2014
Updated 1 Oct, 2014

2.4

Sales Coordinator Interview

It was friendly and easy. They made you feel at ease and asked questions pertaining to the job.

Culinary Interview

I applied online and was first interviewed HR by phone then had an interview with the executive Chef also by phone since I was out of province at the time. I was contacted by phone less than a week later telling me I got the job. I then was emailed the offer letter and started later the next month.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a good day for you and bad day for you at work?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, however they were flexible on start date

Server Assistance Interview

Personal Intro

no negotiation

Outlets Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2012.

Overall, the questions were easy and straight forward. There were no what are your strengths/weaknesses question. The conversation was relaxed and easy going. I didn't feel intimidated. The work seems to be tough, and hours long. It involves long standing hours, which can be challenging.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your employee refused to do his/her job?   View Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in April 2011.

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Administrative Assistant Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question
    negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

I had an initial interview with the recruiting manager then she took me up to the front desk manager lastly I interviewed with assistant director of rooms. All were very friendly loved the fact I was a hospitality management graduate and had a great personality and were willing to bring me on board fresh out of school.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate but explained my long term goals of moving up in the company

Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

Completed an online application. Received a call a couple of weeks later to schedule an interview. My interview was the following day. The interviewer was pleasant. She went over the duties of the position and the requirements the hotel has set forth for home agents and well as onsite agents. Basic interview questions and the entire conversation lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Before we ended the called, she informed me that a background check and employee verification was the next step, and that there were other applicants still needing to be interviewed and I would hear back in 5-7 days.

6 days later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, if you are knowledgeable of the customer service and sales field. My suggestion is to be honest and build rapport with the interviewer quickly.   Answer Question
    The pay rate is already set. Negotiation was involved in the process.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)

I had a very personal one-on-one interview with the Payroll Manager who was very inviting and comfortable to speak with. The interview played out like a natural conversation between the Payroll Manager and I where she'd discuss the company industry, reorganizations taking place, the new systems implementations that were needed and about to be rolled out, etc. In return, I'd bounce off her presentation of the company and Payroll Coordinator role, sharing my previous experiences and knowledge that would allow me to team up and make significant contributions to the department that i felt were necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the Payroll Coordinator position. I felt very welcomed and optimistic walking out of my interview, thinking that I connected with the Payroll Manager on a professional and personal level. The interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • No questions in particular, accept the ones you have for the Payroll Manager herself. This was a conversation/discussion, not a traditional Q&A interview.   Answer Question

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

I was contacted via phone 2 days after I applied for the position and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the front office manager and he asked basic questions...what's your goal, why do you want to work for Hyatt...nothing difficult. A few min later I met with the assistant director of rooms and we just spoke casually about the property, company and my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be any shoe, what kind would I be   View Answer