Humana Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.8

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterfront (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterfront (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Humana in June 2011.

Phone Interview, Face-to-face was about 3-4 weeks later, whole process took 2 months way too damn long. I should have known then.Then they told the group I came in with that we would be limited term which is basically temp through the company and that was the first time they started that. It wasn't even an option when we all applied. LIES

Interview Questions
    • The question that I absolutely always hate for an interview which is. Tell me about a time when....You had a difficult time with a customer/consumer, what happened? where? how did you handle it? and what was the outcome? Makes you have to think way too hard. LOL!   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable of course.

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Got a call for a phone interview, in 2 weeks got my webcam interview and within an hour found out I was hired. A month later only to find out the Manager changed her mind and fired me 1 day before the beginning of the training.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate my salary

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Initial interview with HR and then online interview 2 weeks later with management. First interview focused on required computer skills and home office setup and was approximately 30 minutes long. Second interview was behavioral and was 45 minutes long. All interviews were by phone accompanied with live internet and video.

CHE Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana.

The hiring for my position actually took place in a hotel lobby. A subsidiary of the company was developing. There were 3-4 people. Initially seemed sketchy. However, during this time there was a partnership type of development occuring for each company.

There was not a negotiation

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

One of the best interviews I've been to. It was a long process but they make you feel as comfortable as possible. They were very organized. Make sure you do everything they tell you on the interview confirmation letter because it makes the process easier. Review the questions they send you and have your answers ready before you go to the interview. I got the job and am so excited to start.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Be careful how you answer that question because it almost lost me the position.   Answer Question
    There's really not one. They made me the offer and told me what I was going to get and that it was the starting amount the company approved for the position.

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied for Humana and the following day was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. Interview asked basic questions to screen to see if I was eligible for second interview and a good fit for company. At the end of that interview, I was set up for a web cam interview for later that week. The web cam interview went well! About an hour after the interview ended, I received a job offer;)
    Interview asked behavioral questions and questions about work history and computer tech.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say your biggest strength is? Your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied for 2 positions and was contacted about another for which I also applied involving 2 different departments. Worked with 2 corporate recruiters who were both professional, courteous, and efficient. Had telephone interviews with recruiters and department personnel and then interviewed in-person for 2 positions (1 from each department) and received 2 job offers the next day.

Humana has a wonderful process when dealing with multiple departments recruiting the same candidate. There is no competition between recruiters, leaving final choice up to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Expect questions about your skills along with behavior questions that focus on ethics and professionalism.   Answer Question
    Very open and non-adversarial. The salary offered was slightly above my stated requirement. Greatest focus was ability to telecommute. The position I accepted was offered as partial telecommute; the one I declined was initially no telecommuting.

The one I accepted was offered at higher percentage of telecommuting and the one I declined was offered as partial. Humana IS open to telecommuting dependent on position and duties.

Claims Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in July 2014.

Applied online. One week later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consists of normal interview questions that were pre-recorded. 2 weeks later I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Interview with the hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes. Hiring manager asked mostly situation questions. One week later I received a call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. Offer was more than what I asked for.

Personal Health Coach Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Initial contact was via an email, asking to schedule a phone interview. Did not apply for the job, so it appears they picked up my info from another job I had applied earlier in the year. After phone interview, was scheduled for the Montage video conference interview. Questions where based on scenarios you need to explain in detail: the circumstances, your interventions and end result.
    I was called with an offer within an hour of the video interview.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most satisfying job and least satifying job?
      How were you able to turn a negative relationship into a positive one?
      Describe how you were able to identify the needs of a complex situation/patient.
        Answer Question

Unfortunately, they were unable to tell me what my schedule would be (anywhere between 7am-7pm is what I was told) and the salary was not as competitive as I expected from such a well established organization.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Humana.

It was really lengthy, seems like they didn't really know what they were looking for so there were a lot of back and forth. The entire process took half a year.

Interview Questions
    • During the final stage of the interview process they asked a rather personal question about my relationship.   View Answer

Any company that base part of their decision on the state of my marital arrangement warrants concern.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!