Humana Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
262 interviews

2.8

Personal Health Coach Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied for Humana and the following day was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. Interview asked basic questions to screen to see if I was eligible for second interview and a good fit for company. At the end of that interview, I was set up for a web cam interview for later that week. The web cam interview went well! About an hour after the interview ended, I received a job offer;)
    Interview asked behavioral questions and questions about work history and computer tech.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say your biggest strength is? Your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied for 2 positions and was contacted about another for which I also applied involving 2 different departments. Worked with 2 corporate recruiters who were both professional, courteous, and efficient. Had telephone interviews with recruiters and department personnel and then interviewed in-person for 2 positions (1 from each department) and received 2 job offers the next day.

Humana has a wonderful process when dealing with multiple departments recruiting the same candidate. There is no competition between recruiters, leaving final choice up to the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Expect questions about your skills along with behavior questions that focus on ethics and professionalism.   Answer Question
    Very open and non-adversarial. The salary offered was slightly above my stated requirement. Greatest focus was ability to telecommute. The position I accepted was offered as partial telecommute; the one I declined was initially no telecommuting.

The one I accepted was offered at higher percentage of telecommuting and the one I declined was offered as partial. Humana IS open to telecommuting dependent on position and duties.

Claims Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Humana in July 2014.

Applied online. One week later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consists of normal interview questions that were pre-recorded. 2 weeks later I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Interview with the hiring manager lasted about 30 minutes. Hiring manager asked mostly situation questions. One week later I received a call from the recruiter offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. Offer was more than what I asked for.

Personal Health Coach Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Initial contact was via an email, asking to schedule a phone interview. Did not apply for the job, so it appears they picked up my info from another job I had applied earlier in the year. After phone interview, was scheduled for the Montage video conference interview. Questions where based on scenarios you need to explain in detail: the circumstances, your interventions and end result.
    I was called with an offer within an hour of the video interview.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most satisfying job and least satifying job?
      How were you able to turn a negative relationship into a positive one?
      Describe how you were able to identify the needs of a complex situation/patient.
        Answer Question

Unfortunately, they were unable to tell me what my schedule would be (anywhere between 7am-7pm is what I was told) and the salary was not as competitive as I expected from such a well established organization.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Humana.

It was really lengthy, seems like they didn't really know what they were looking for so there were a lot of back and forth. The entire process took half a year.

Interview Questions
    • During the final stage of the interview process they asked a rather personal question about my relationship.   Answer Question

Any company that base part of their decision on the state of my marital arrangement warrants concern.

RN Care Manager SNP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied and the next day I was called by a recruiter. She asked me behavioral questions and basic computer knowledge questions. She emailed me less than a week later to set up an interview via web can with 2 managers. The interview process was smooth, both managers were great. They asked behavioral questions and want real situations that you've had as a nurse. The next evening I was called with a great offer above the salary I was asking. I go to st.Petersburg next month for 2 week training then I work from home. I am very excited as I applied to many previous positions in a year and finally got in! Don't give up, that time will come! Good luck!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to make changes due to business needs?
      Tell me a time that made you feel that you did not want to be a nurse any longer?
      All questions are from experiences you've actually had so don't worry.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations but the pay is excellent and you'll be impressed.

Personal Health Coach Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Applied online week later was contacted by a recruiter and immediately was scheduled for a montage video interview. Had the second interview and everything was straight forward. It was a behavioral interview so the interview was not too difficult for me. The interviewer was very honest about the description and she answered all my questions. Two hours later I was offered the job at a great salary. Can't wait for training in September.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most difficult client and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Field Care Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Humana.

I was solicited by co. Headhunter with a quick initial interview leaving with the basic knowledge of having the job, but just short of official offer due to "formality of going through with another candidate interview already scheduled". Come to find out, just another co. Blowing smoke with no call back and getting the run around for several months (>6) until finally a second interview and then hired!

Interview Questions
    • None. Was told what the job entailed and spoke about experience.   Answer Question
    N/A

IT Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Humana.

Became interested in the position and applied for the job through a recruiting firm. Phone interview with recruiting firm describing PM experience and Agile experience. Face to face with hiring manager who was very friendly and informative. Felt that things went smoothly and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much what I anticipated. Tell me about your PM experience   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Received an email notification one day after applying online to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was the next week with a recruiter. Lasted about 30 minutes and asked basic questions about work experience as well as a few behavioral interview questions...what would you/tell me about a time situations. At the end of that call was set up for a video interview the next week. Video interview lasted about an hour and was similar to phone interview but was with the direct supervisor. I was originally told one start date from recruiter and a different start date from supervisor which conflicted with notice I would have to give to my current employer. Was informed I would hear something back from them quickly. However, never received any notification. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Just general behavioral interview questions. Have answers/scenarios prepared ahead of time   Answer Question

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!