Hostess Brands Interview Questions

2.5

Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hostess Brands.

no negotiation

Loader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hostess Brands.

When I was hired on with Hostess, you needed to know someone in order to get in. Many people got in either through family, or through friends. Some people who had been within some aspect of the business (whether it be cake, bread or beverage sales) made their own way in. No difficult in the interview process, mostly do you think you can stand and bend and lift all day.

Interview Questions
    • The job was not a technical job and the interview questions that were most in depth asked about math. I.e. There are 9 loaves of bread on a tray, 28 trays on a rack. How many loaves of bread; answer 252   Answer Question
    Union contract . The New Hostess no longer is unionized

National Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hostess Brands.

Applied online. Typical bureaucratic process. Was very difficult to get a hold of them after the interview. They were very stand offish. Eventually, much to my surprise, I had heard nothing from them after waiting for a very long time. I would not really recommend them because it was difficult to get a hold of contacts and they were unreliable in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What was a process you invented that improved your last employer?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hostess Brands.

When I was hired back in 1988 there was not much of an interview process

There was no negotiation

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hostess Brands.

Interview process included driving down to the bakery in Illinios, spent time with the Human Resources Manager and other hiring officials. Had to present a valid drivers liscence and was asked typical questions that an HR official would ask. It was quite a few years ago for me, so I am a bit fuzzy on the details.

Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roscoe, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roscoe, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hostess Brands in March 2012.

I had one interview with the two bosses there. They were very friendly and laid back and awesome to work with. They pretty much told me I had the job. I had to wait two or 3 weeks before I actually got hired. they did a very thorough back ground check. After all of that it was pretty much easy.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask me a lot of hard or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    When can you start?

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hostess Brands in December 2011.

Asked detailed sales questions...how you would approach new customers.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult time with a former employee?   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Springs, WY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hostess Brands in April 2011.

First began by applying online via hostess brands.com Then submitting information to create an account. Then wait for recruiter to contact you. Next set up first interview with time date and location after phone screen. Next have second interview with field human resource manager. The next interview was with the regional manager.

Negotiations happened during interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hostess Brands in November 2010.

Review your resume with the branch manager. You must ask all questions about pay, benefits,training
    etc. If you do not ask
    you will never know. Too much probing just to get information an employer normally discloses at the interview. Next interview you must "role play" a sales pitch to showy your skills.Long waits because Mgr. does multiple interviews at the same time.

Nothing

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hostess Brands in August 2010.

I applied online through there company website. I received a phone interview about a week later, than I was called into an interview by the District Sales Manager.

There was none.