Honeywell

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Document Control - Calgary AB Interview

Senior Document Control - Calgary AB
Calgary, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied on line for this job which was advertised within many online job sites. Received an email a week later ending to request a scheduled time that would be available for a 45 minute phone interview and get this - by a Staffing Agency Recruiter in Ontario on behalf of Honeywell. There had been no mention in the job ad of a staffing agency recruiter being involved within this job application process.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Honeywell in April 2014.

Interview Details First, went through a recruiter to vet my resume. Then a more in depth 1 hour interview with a Honeywell HR rep. He reviewed my resume, but spent the most time asking situational questions.

Interview Question – Most questions were of the " can you describe a time when you did this? "   Answer Question

HVAC Mechanic Interview

HVAC Mechanic
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2011.

Interview Details When they are recruiting they tend o look for more young workers because they want more energy in their business however they are also looking for few knowledgeable and well experienced workers to be around so they can set an example for the rest

Interview Question – Why would we want to hire someone that is your age for a somewhat physical job as this   View Answer

Engineer Specialist Interview

Engineer Specialist
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2013.

Interview Details Including phone interview and panel interview, the first one is by HR, the second is with 3 engineers. Very technical detailed

Interview Question – some technical detail questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2010.

Interview Details First had interview with Agency then with the company. After few days I received an offer upon background check result.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate for more.

Communications Interview

Communications
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in November 2013.

Interview Details Typical process, in office interview with primary then second interview with higher level management.. Then a phone call with an offer which was followed up with an email to start the hiring process.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not possible

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in March 2011.

Interview Details Automated and no notice of status reject. This information is proprietary and I am unable to divulge any information at this time. I wish I could offer more information, but it will have to wait.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Honeywell

Interview Details More focus on behavioral aspects and process orientation. There could be multiple rounds of interviews at various level before meeting HR and it may take considerable time to hear back if one gets selected. Formal certifications may help to get shortlisted.

Interview Question – Not difficult as such but one may have to provide lot of practical examples related to previous work.   Answer Question

Honeywell Operating Systems (HOS) Manager Interview

Honeywell Operating Systems (HOS) Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details Hiring process took 4 interviews to complete with one face to face and the rests were audio conference. Questions asked ranged from understanding of TPS (Toyota Production System), 6 sigma and how to coach the leaders to deploy HOS in the designated site.

Interview Question – How can you work with difficult leaders?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A few negotiations.

Database Engineer Interview

Database Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview Details Scheduling and execution of entire interview process was very smooth, transparent and fast. There will be an initial telephonic round followed by one or two face-to-face technical discussion. In some cases, all the three levels of technical discussions can be telephonic.

Interview Question – Generally the technical questions are simple and more theoritical. For database engineers, basic query writings skills are tested, along with knowledge on RDBMS concepts, Oracle/SQL Server architecture, indexing, tuning and programming with PL/SQL or T-SQL   Answer Question

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!