Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014
Updated 25 Sep, 2014

Director Interview

Very professional and detailed interview. Reviewed my entire background and qualifications. No technical questions. Provided detailed account of the role and products. Then went an extra step and provided a full tour of the facility. Very good interview. Unfortunately no follow-up and I had to keep calling to get any information on the next steps. I believe salary was a lot lower than what I was making and I was excluded.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Really just asked to review my entire resume which was a bit odd.   Answer Question

Senior Document Control - Calgary AB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

Applied on line for this job which was advertised within many online job sites. Received an email a week later ending to request a scheduled time that would be available for a 45 minute phone interview and get this - by a Staffing Agency Recruiter in Ontario on behalf of Honeywell. There had been no mention in the job ad of a staffing agency recruiter being involved within this job application process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Honeywell in April 2014.

First, went through a recruiter to vet my resume. Then a more in depth 1 hour interview with a Honeywell HR rep. He reviewed my resume, but spent the most time asking situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were of the " can you describe a time when you did this? "   Answer Question

Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in May 2013.

Including phone interview and panel interview, the first one is by HR, the second is with 3 engineers. Very technical detailed

HVAC Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Honeywell in January 2011.

When they are recruiting they tend o look for more young workers because they want more energy in their business however they are also looking for few knowledgeable and well experienced workers to be around so they can set an example for the rest

Interview Questions
    • Why would we want to hire someone that is your age for a somewhat physical job as this   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell in October 2010.

First had interview with Agency then with the company. After few days I received an offer upon background check result.

Interview Questions
    I couldn't negotiate for more.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Honeywell in September 2014.

I talked with Honeywell at my college career fair. The representatives I talked to were incredibly personable and easy to talk to. We just talked over my resume and what I would like to do at Honeywell. At the career fair, I was signed up an interview the following day. The interview was also rather lax. Rather than behavioral or technical questions, we just talked about my resume. It lasted just under 30 minutes. I have yet to hear back for certain, but I am doubtful about moving on to the second round. There were 6x the number of applicants than there were spots open to move on to the next round. My interview wasn't terrible by any means but it also wasn't amazingly great (which is what I think is required to have a real shot).

Interview Questions
    • So I see you have 'x' on your resume. Tell me a little bit about that.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Smithfield, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Honeywell.

Pretty standard interview process. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Followed by in-person interview with broader team and hiring manager. Also included was a phone interview with HR due to scheduling reasons. Final step was a 2nd in-person visit to interview with the General Manager of the division.

Overall, I definitely was impressed with the speed of their process compared to other interviews processes I've been through. HR team seems pretty efficient.

Interview Questions
    • "How do we fix it?" Point blank asked by GM on how to address a dilemma that was brought up by team members during my interview process.   View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Honeywell.

Application, phone interview, offer or no offer. Phone interview followed application involving a panel with prepared questions mainly about FAA certification, Clearcase & DOORS. Time was one hour. Closure was routine -- interviewing other candidates will get back to you in a week or two.

Interview Questions
    Based upon current situation - leaving an employer versus out-of-work. If the latter there is no to little negotiation. But, if offered a position, there is some ground to ask.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Honeywell.

Written Test , two rounds of technical interview. The questions were mostly to develop algorithms. No language specific questions. they asked concepts like data structure and operating system. Written test was fairly easy. maths and C programming.

Interview Questions

Worked for Honeywell? Contribute to the Community!