Honeywell

Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated 21 Feb, 2015
Updated 21 Feb, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell.

Applied through campus recruiter, asked some generic C/C++ related questions. Nothing too difficult. Was done on my university campus where two managers came and did simultaneous interviews before moving onto other universities.

Junior Coordinator Markham Ontario Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Honeywell is a great company no doubt but their dealing is extremely unprofessional. The interview process started with an external recruiter who was very professional. After which I was told that I will be contacted in a few hours by an internal recruiter (this was a Friday) to confirm the interview for Monday. I did not receive a call, nor an email for the whole weekend. Monday morning (10.am) I received an email for an interview at noon 2 hours from my address. I requested for a reschedule at a later time but the hiring manager was not available to confirm. I took the day off work, rented a car to reach as soon as I could. The interview went well. I sent a thank you email and followed up in the next 3 weeks but there was not response, not even a courteous rejection email. This was extremely disappointing and unprofessional for a multinational like Honeywell.

Director Interview

Very professional and detailed interview. Reviewed my entire background and qualifications. No technical questions. Provided detailed account of the role and products. Then went an extra step and provided a full tour of the facility. Very good interview. Unfortunately no follow-up and I had to keep calling to get any information on the next steps. I believe salary was a lot lower than what I was making and I was excluded.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Really just asked to review my entire resume which was a bit odd.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in September 2014.

The interview process was well established, rolling through the internal recruiter and internal HR (phone) to the hiring manager (in person) and then corporate HR. After reaching the final two candidates, there was no more contact. Even after queries to multiple persons involved in the process no response came. This after each successive interview was highly positive.

Senior Document Control - Calgary AB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in June 2014.

Applied on line for this job which was advertised within many online job sites. Received an email a week later ending to request a scheduled time that would be available for a 45 minute phone interview and get this - by a Staffing Agency Recruiter in Ontario on behalf of Honeywell. There had been no mention in the job ad of a staffing agency recruiter being involved within this job application process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Honeywell in April 2014.

First, went through a recruiter to vet my resume. Then a more in depth 1 hour interview with a Honeywell HR rep. He reviewed my resume, but spent the most time asking situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were of the " can you describe a time when you did this? "   Answer Question

Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in May 2013.

Including phone interview and panel interview, the first one is by HR, the second is with 3 engineers. Very technical detailed

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell in February 2013.

HR called first, then waited 1 week, hiring manager phone interviewed. Next HR and Sr. manager phoned in. All good. Then waited 1 month they called, saying the HR recruiter left, the new guy picked up, told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    Asked more than their original offer, and got it.

HVAC Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell in January 2011.

When they are recruiting they tend o look for more young workers because they want more energy in their business however they are also looking for few knowledgeable and well experienced workers to be around so they can set an example for the rest

Interview Questions
    • Why would we want to hire someone that is your age for a somewhat physical job as this   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honeywell in October 2010.

First had interview with Agency then with the company. After few days I received an offer upon background check result.

Interview Questions
    I couldn't negotiate for more.