Home Instead Senior Care

2.0

Home Health Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Interview process was easy and comfortable.

No negotiation

Home Health Caregiver Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2014.

I was called for an interview within a week of submitting an application. Before my interview I was called again by someone trying to set up an interview. I went in and was given several forms to fill out. The interviewer then came in and asked me about questions concerning my ability to care for other your average interview questions about reliability etc. I was hired on the spot and did a drug test and scheduled for orientation. Orientation is only on Wednesday and Thursday from 8-4 making it very inconvenient if your a students who take classes during the day like me. The first day is all about the policies and procedures. The second day and Lpn comes in and teaches us about taking care of the clients.Also on the second day the scheduling team comes in and start to set up shifts if you have open availability or can do overnights you will most likely leave with shifts.

Interview Questions
    • My previous job was working as a grader for my university and they asked how the skills I learned at that job could help me as a caregiver.   Answer Question

Senior Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

1:1 interview with basic questions then if you are hired, you attend an orientation at a later date. 6 panel urine drug test at time of orientation. You watch a video, answer a questionnaire to the video while watching it. You spend about an hour filling out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected. Define common sense, caregiving experience etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. $9.50 an hr.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Adrian, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2014.

The first interview lasted about 45 minutes. Then they had to verify my references before continuing further. Every reference had to respond in order for me to continue to orientation. Once my references checked out I was set up for orientation. The process lasted 7.5 hours. The orientation covers the aging process and senior safety. Then you are given a quiz on both topics. There is A LOT of paper work to fill out and sign. They drug test you right there and then set you up to work right after orientation is finished. Make sure that you are sure that you want this job. They do require you sign a paper stating that if you do not work for them for 90 days they will charge you 40 dollars for fees (drug test and paperwork).

Interview Questions
    • What is your dictionary definition of a caregiver?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. They asked if the pay of 7.50 an hour was okay. What I didn't know is that they offer NO real insurance, just Aflac. I almost declined the position, however, I was really impressed with Wynn's enthusiasm and dedication towards the care of seniors. I just wished they had real insurance to offer their employees.

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Questions
    • I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Program Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in March 2014.

Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

CNA Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

interview was fairly easy, in order to be successful at the job you need to enjoy working with the elderly. They do hire nursing students and offer pca class

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, but you are required to have 6 references and every single refernces must respond.   Answer Question
    none

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in December 2013.

Very encouraging interview. Other office staff and office culture were warm and welcoming. This makes a big difference to a new arrival on the scene. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Interview Questions
    There was not really any negotiation, per se-- the interviewer liked me and felt that I would be particularly good at this position. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Caregiver Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Easy interview, very personable interviewer.

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care.

Tell them what you're comfortable doing, and your true knowledge of the tasks. They'll help train you if you need it. Be drug free! They check. Don't try to fake it, you can't. Scrubs, if unsure of interview wear. Skills, and a written test given. Turn your phone off for the interview. The seniors don't mind the tattoos, or purple hair as much as employers and family members do. So, simple hair style, pull back if long. Clean and simple.. No heavy jewelry. Wedding ring, and that's about it. Know what hours and days you can work. They make you get a Driver License record for 5 years or so. That cost $18, and the typical background check. I had to pay the $50 they reimbursed me after I got a paycheck or two.

Interview Questions
    • didn't like them asking, What would change about myself? . And What's my worst quality?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. I do work weekends for the extra money. We have scheduled "holiday pay" with specific shift hours.

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!