Home Instead Senior Care

Relevance Date Difficulty

Home Health Care Giver Interview

Home Health Care Giver
Mississauga, ON

I applied in-person - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was easy and comfortable.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Home Health Caregiver Interview

Home Health Caregiver
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in April 2014.

Interview Details The HR rep was seemingly kind and asked many good questions like what my passion for working with the elderly was and why I started in the field. She ended the interview telling me I was basically hired as I was over qualified for the position as it was and they would work to make sure I got paid appropriately. Days later I got a letter in the mail stating they had decided to go another way instead of just calling me like professionals.

Interview Question – I had a hard time accepting they were not professional enough to provide a call if they wanted to go another way considering in the interview they had prepared me for starting with them right away. Sending a letter was very cowardly.   Answer Question

Adrian, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2014.

Interview Details The first interview lasted about 45 minutes. Then they had to verify my references before continuing further. Every reference had to respond in order for me to continue to orientation. Once my references checked out I was set up for orientation. The process lasted 7.5 hours. The orientation covers the aging process and senior safety. Then you are given a quiz on both topics. There is A LOT of paper work to fill out and sign. They drug test you right there and then set you up to work right after orientation is finished. Make sure that you are sure that you want this job. They do require you sign a paper stating that if you do not work for them for 90 days they will charge you 40 dollars for fees (drug test and paperwork).

Interview Question – What is your dictionary definition of a caregiver?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They asked if the pay of 7.50 an hour was okay. What I didn't know is that they offer NO real insurance, just Aflac. I almost declined the position, however, I was really impressed with Wynn's enthusiasm and dedication towards the care of seniors. I just wished they had real insurance to offer their employees.

Program Advisor Interview

Program Advisor
Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in March 2014.

Interview Details Very long process. They want to make sure it is right for both parties

Interview Question – Tell me about your high school experience. That was 30+ years ago.   Answer Question

CHHA Interview

CHHA
Washington, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in May 2013.

Interview Details Very long process, took more than one month to be completed. Interviewed with Joan first, one month later with the franchise owner Traci (Warren/Hunterdon County, New Hersey). Plus, drug testing. During the time with Joan it took about (4) four hours or so. You will be offered water and a snack. Filled out a lot of paperwork, answered many questions, watched caregiver videos and learnt of the company's origins. Took home a set of books to completely read and answer the attached fifty (50) questions to each books which were all reviewed by Leanne. Very in depth process. This process adds more change to your hourly pay rate.

Interview Question – They ask you questions pertaining to how well you would typically respond to a very stressful situation with a client or how well you can manage caring for a difficult or confused Alzheimer's patient.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Each agency has a base hourly pay that they intend for you. This is not based on your many years of experience.

Mentor, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in December 2013.

Interview Details Very encouraging interview. Other office staff and office culture were warm and welcoming. This makes a big difference to a new arrival on the scene. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Interview Question – Why would you want to do this work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really any negotiation, per se-- the interviewer liked me and felt that I would be particularly good at this position. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Staff Coordinator Interview

Staff Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2010.

Interview Details The human resource employee needs to be more professional and hire the appropriate staff to do the job for the company. If you don't have the proper tools to do your job, how do you get your job done?

Interview Question – Was asked how I would be an assets to the company?   Answer Question

Owner Interview

Owner
Vero Beach, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2010.

Interview Details Round robin with a performance test with a presentation of Home Instead expected during second interview.

Interview Question – They were typical questions regarding how home health care should be kept in the home. It was an easy process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any, it was an offer I really wanted. Company car, $40K plus bonus based on performance. It was sold to me as a Community liaison but it turned out to be a high pressure sales position to give home health aides a position in elderly peoples' homes

Caregiver

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in January 2010.

Interview Details I found them in a classified ad promising that applying today would mean working tomorrow. I was going to school at the time and decided to go for it, especially because I wanted to work with seniors in my field and the job claimed to be related to that. I called the number and they told me to come in at a certain time. They looked over my application, discussed different duties I had experience with, and promised to call my references. Apparently they did because I was being called for shifts a day or two later. It was very short and cursory. In hindsight, it's rather scary to think they weren't more thorough when they were hiring people to go into others' homes to look after vulnerable people.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one. It was just "this is the hourly pay and that's it."

Senior Caregiver Interview

Senior Caregiver
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in June 2012.

Interview Details I applied on-line and received a phone call within a week. Short interview over the phone and then scheduled a one-on-one interview. Needed to take a TB test, submit car insurance information, take drug test (urine) and have background check. A group of 5 were hired at the same time - all had a meeting about standards and policies and some basic caregiver info. Took "open book" tests about what we were taught, including for CPR and were each ushered into a room one at a time to see about setting up with a client, starting almost immediately.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions that I remember. They did mention that the pay was low and would I be okay with that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - pay scale is set across the board

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Instead Senior Care

Worked for Home Instead Senior Care? Contribute to the Community!