Home Depot

Getting the Interview

178 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details basic behavioural questions

Interview Question – a mock situation question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

London, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in June 2009.

Interview Details Submitted resume online. However, waited a very long time to get a call from HR, probably 3 weeks or so. Phone interview on the spot. There were many soft skill questions, scenarios, but mostly the standard interview questions. There wasn't much if any questions regarding anything technical. Mostly how you deal with customers. There was a follow-up in person interview about a week later. Same deal.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that really stood out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was part-time., min. wage, set pay. No negotiation.

Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2009.

Interview Details applied at a job fair for a cashier position at home depot and had a mini interview after filling out application. then 2 weeks later was called in for 1:1 interview with cash manager. a week after that was called for 2nd interview with store manager, and was offered the job that day. i accepted and waited another week and a half for 2 day orientation, then waited another 5 days to be scheduled for training.

Interview Question – was asked to do a role play scenario with store manager. was told to respond as if i was an associate working at home depot and store manager would ask a question as if he was a customer.   View Answer

Kanata, ON

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2008.

Interview Details I was interview for a cashier positon by an store manager. The interview was pretty straight forward, common sense stuff. Many of the questions were about cumstomer related difficulties complaints and how I would respond to questions. The iterviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. I chose to decline to offer after I was offered another postion with higher pay

Interview Question – If you do not knwo the answer to a question from a customer whoe would you ask/   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Online application, you get a call from corporate for a phone interview. If it goes well, you get an in store meeting. Got hired on the spot pending a urine test.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary for a retail position.   View Answer

Burlington, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was question and answering. The hiring process was a background check and a drug test. I thought the process went well. The interviewer was very professional. Took me to meet the manager and told the manager that I meet all qualification for the job and was given paperwork for the drug test.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details The whole process took nearly 3 months. I applied back in February and got a call from the staffing center. I answered a few questions on the phone and was given an interview date. I showed up for the interview and it went well. I waited a week and tried calling the HR department for a status no answer. A few weeks later in mid March I was called to set up a second interview, I was unable to make it to any of the dates they had available so they told me to call back the next morning to speak to a manager to set up a time, I called multiple times and there was no answer any time. I went into the store a week later to leave a physical message with customer service for HR to call me and in early April I received a call to set up my second interview. I proceeded with the interview and was offered the job on the spot pending drug test and background screening. A few weeks later I was given a date for orientation.

Interview Question – They were pretty simple questions I just don't remember the questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

North Ft Myers, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details initial interview at store with assistant manager. he was very polite and professional. good interview.

Interview Question – what are my hobbies and pasttime activities   View Answer

Reason for Declining – need parttime job

Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Had a phone interview 3 - 4 weeks after applying online at about 6 different locations. Phone interview was short and simple. Called in 2-3 months later for in-store interview. This was more like a screening - very informal. Used a standard packet of 6-7questions and jotted down responses of one to two sentences. Did not take many notes at all. Workers came and went through the room during the whole process. Called in 2 days later for third and final interview with district manager. Told to come in two days later and that I needed to come in on that specific day. Manager was running 20 minutes late, so I had to sit around with nothing to do for 20 minutes in the work room. When we met for the interview, it was extremely short and simple. Just wanted to know if I could do the job, really wanted the job, and was capable. Lasted about 20 minutes or less.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating - except for days/times worked - but even that was discouraged

Reston, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details Standard, test and interview.

Interview Question – Simple really, nothing out of the ordinarry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot Cashier interview questions and advice. All 178 interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.