Hollister Co.

364 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in September 2010.

Interview Details A pretty easy group interview with mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is it about Hollister that you enjoy?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details Group interview setting, they have standard questions that pertain to behavioural questions. A lot of where did you think outside the box, and diversity questions.
Somewhere in the lines of: "Where did you display diversity in the workplace?" "Name one time you went beyond your comfort zone".

A lot of times the determining factor is if the manager likes you that lands you the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2011.

Interview Details Very relaxed, everyone showed up in casual clothing/Hollister clothing
No need to bring a resume or talk about past work experience
Group interview, everyone took turns answering a question
Very basic questions such as "why do you want to work here"; everyone took turns giving 3-4 sentences

Interview Question – If you were a fruit, what would you be and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC

I interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2010.

Interview Details Applied in store at one of their kiosks. It's super dark in there so it took a while to type everything out when I would've just preferred to hand my resume in. Got a phone call a few days later to attend a group interview. Went for the group interview and there were about 8 other people there. We all sat in the cafeteria while we were each asked pretty basic interview question and given scenarios and how we would react to them. Got a call a few days later to say I was hired, and had to go attend a paid training and information session. Was told I had to remove my nose piercing when I went to work there, which I thought was against the law!

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details Was recruited by a store manager at Hollister Co and met with the District Manager for the interview. The interview was about 1.5 hours long inside the mall and it was very casual. Mainly shared my personal experience and group interactions.

Interview Question – Challenge faced in a group-based interaction   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Overnight Interview

Overnight
Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2009.

Interview Details My friend and I were recruited by one of the managers in store one day while I was shopping with my friend. We received a card that had a user name and password so that we could fill out and application online. At the end of the application there was an option to choose which day you would prefer to come in for an interview (all interviews are group interviews). At the group interview, most were applying for the "model" position, so most questions were directed to them. The interview itself was super easy, casual, didn't even need to bring in a resume. We received a call back within a few days and went in for the orientation later that week. Again, the orientation was mostly directed at the models so the people applying for overnight only really had to know about 15% of the information they were telling us.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity and why is it important in the work place?   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in August 2013.

Interview Details Fill applicant online or in store
Go in for interview on date given to you

Interview questions:

Tell us about yourself
Why you want to work here
what does diversity mean to you
A time when you took initiative / your top accomplishment
What two words would your friends describe you as
What one word would you use to describe Hollister's clothing/ essense.

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Toronto, ON

I applied online and interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview Details It was a group member of 5 and the store manager does not seems to give full attention to us. It seems like he was rushing the whole process and does not give much attention to us.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Part Time Impact Interview

Part Time Impact
Brampton, ON

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hollister Co. in July 2013.

Interview Details I always thought working at hollister would be a great experience and as such decided to go in person and apply one day. I went up to one of he employees and asked if they were hiring (they always are) and the employee gave me an access code in which I could apply on their website and schedule a guarantee group interview. A week later I went in for my interview and was met with four other friendly people applying for both Impact and Model positions. Interview questions were easy and no one had any trouble answering them but it was clear that the interviewer was distracted and disinterested and did not pay any of us much attention and seemed to want to leave as quickly as possible.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly easy and well expected   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied online. Went to interview time that was given to me via email. Answered questions, very easy and laid back.

Interview Question – What does Diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hollister Co.

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hollister Co. interview questions and advice. All 364 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hollister Co. employees and interview candidates.