Hollister Co. Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct, 2014
Updated 15 Oct, 2014

1.9

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

I went in and asked a manager if they were hiring and she gave me a card with the website and password to apply online and you get to chose your interview date. Came to the interview about 5 minutes early and was asked to wait with a group of others for about 10 more minutes. Interview only had 3 questions mainly about diversity and giving examples of times when you had to work with someone and didn't agree.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hollister Co..

sent an email. met with the store manager. she went over the details about the position. told me about the look policy (natural-minimal makeup, natural looking hair ,hollister style clothing). then she set up a meeting with the DM (in about a week). Interview with the DM was about an hour. many behavioral questions, past experiences/what you have learned, questions about diversity int eh workplace;

Interview Questions
    • what diversity means to you? how did you deal with having a conflict with a person from a different culture? example when you had to make a decision quickly w/o having enough info; how you motivate others (when they don`t believe in themselves; when they do not understand the task;) what accomplishments you are proud of?   Answer Question

Part Time Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hollister Co. in July 2014.

group interview with four people, some are applying for the model, some are impacts. First go through the whole group to introduce ourselves. And then ask us some questions like how do you define diversification.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of your experience about how to work with others and achieve the goal.   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2014.

It was a group interview, overall very easy questions. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What makes different Hollister from other brands? Whats diversity for you?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Group interview setting, they have standard questions that pertain to behavioural questions. A lot of where did you think outside the box, and diversity questions.
    Somewhere in the lines of: "Where did you display diversity in the workplace?" "Name one time you went beyond your comfort zone".

A lot of times the determining factor is if the manager likes you that lands you the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Was recruited by a store manager at Hollister Co and met with the District Manager for the interview. The interview was about 1.5 hours long inside the mall and it was very casual. Mainly shared my personal experience and group interactions.

N/A

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Hollister Co..

It was a group member of 5 and the store manager does not seems to give full attention to us. It seems like he was rushing the whole process and does not give much attention to us.

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co. in August 2013.

Fill applicant online or in store
    Go in for interview on date given to you

Interview questions:

Tell us about yourself
    Why you want to work here
    what does diversity mean to you
    A time when you took initiative / your top accomplishment
    What two words would your friends describe you as
    What one word would you use to describe Hollister's clothing/ essense.

Floor Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollister Co..

Just few questions such as: what do you think of diversity, 3 words which you use for describing yourself ecc.
    They just hire on your look

Part Time Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hollister Co. in July 2013.

I always thought working at hollister would be a great experience and as such decided to go in person and apply one day. I went up to one of he employees and asked if they were hiring (they always are) and the employee gave me an access code in which I could apply on their website and schedule a guarantee group interview. A week later I went in for my interview and was met with four other friendly people applying for both Impact and Model positions. Interview questions were easy and no one had any trouble answering them but it was clear that the interviewer was distracted and disinterested and did not pay any of us much attention and seemed to want to leave as quickly as possible.