Hollister Co. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.9

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in January 2010.

Interviewed there got a call the next day.
    Asked to transfer to another store but I had to go through the interview process again.
    You go in the store to apply, or use a code on a website if recruited, show up for the interview and usually will get a call back within 7-14 days. It took the second store 1.5 weeks to call me back, I had to follow up with them.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't all very simple, common sense questions.   Answer Question
    Minimum wage, after 1 year got a promotion (but they told us not to tell anyone)

Store Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in January 2013.

Applied within store. Got called for a group interview. Interview is pretty relaxed, remember to be confident in yourself and dress the part. Even if you feel nervous about questions, there are at least 5 people who are answering the same question so you can draw inspiration from them.

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2014.

It was a group interview, overall very easy questions. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What makes different Hollister from other brands? Whats diversity for you?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in March 2011.

Super easy interview, anyone with half a brain could answer these questions. Stuff like what do you like to do. It was a group interview with 9 other people. I was the only one hired from that group.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co. in September 2010.

A pretty easy group interview with mostly behavioral questions.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Group interview setting, they have standard questions that pertain to behavioural questions. A lot of where did you think outside the box, and diversity questions.
    Somewhere in the lines of: "Where did you display diversity in the workplace?" "Name one time you went beyond your comfort zone".

A lot of times the determining factor is if the manager likes you that lands you the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2011.

Very relaxed, everyone showed up in casual clothing/Hollister clothing
    No need to bring a resume or talk about past work experience
    Group interview, everyone took turns answering a question
    Very basic questions such as "why do you want to work here"; everyone took turns giving 3-4 sentences

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

interviewed at Hollister Co. in May 2010.

Applied in store at one of their kiosks. It's super dark in there so it took a while to type everything out when I would've just preferred to hand my resume in. Got a phone call a few days later to attend a group interview. Went for the group interview and there were about 8 other people there. We all sat in the cafeteria while we were each asked pretty basic interview question and given scenarios and how we would react to them. Got a call a few days later to say I was hired, and had to go attend a paid training and information session. Was told I had to remove my nose piercing when I went to work there, which I thought was against the law!

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hollister Co..

Was recruited by a store manager at Hollister Co and met with the District Manager for the interview. The interview was about 1.5 hours long inside the mall and it was very casual. Mainly shared my personal experience and group interactions.

N/A

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hollister Co. in October 2009.

My friend and I were recruited by one of the managers in store one day while I was shopping with my friend. We received a card that had a user name and password so that we could fill out and application online. At the end of the application there was an option to choose which day you would prefer to come in for an interview (all interviews are group interviews). At the group interview, most were applying for the "model" position, so most questions were directed to them. The interview itself was super easy, casual, didn't even need to bring in a resume. We received a call back within a few days and went in for the orientation later that week. Again, the orientation was mostly directed at the models so the people applying for overnight only really had to know about 15% of the information they were telling us.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of diversity and why is it important in the work place?   Answer Question

Worked for Hollister Co.? Contribute to the Community!