Holcim (US)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Controller Interview

Controller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Holcim (US) in January 2011.

Interview Details Several steps for interview including 2 phone interviews, one pre-interview on site, another 4 hour interview in the TSI style where 3 high level managers asked pointed questions that had to be answered in the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This interview was followed up with an interview with the SVP of Manufacturing. Then I was called back for an interview with the entire Management Team, who then made a decision as to whether I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What was the worst decision you ever made?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate very little on salary and was able to get 3 weeks of vacation to start.

Senior IT Manager Interview

Senior IT Manager
Dundee, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Holcim (US) in April 2012.

Interview Details General answers to questions on type of person you were. Technical questions were average. Would have expected more questions on what I would have done in a given situation. Wasn't concerned with certifications, versus real world experiences. Internal promotions were less than satisfying. Promoting from within should be more prevalent, and promote teamwork and dedication to Holcim.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected was asked or even difficult. Was satisfied with the questions and weren't difficult to respond to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Holcim (US) in October 2010.

Interview Details Two behavioral interview, each one with 2 persons. The first group interview was conducted by the hiring manager and HR manager. The second interview was held by the a regional controller and by the director of finance.

Interview Question – Working with people from diverse backgrounds can be difficult. Tell e about a time when you faced a significant challenge working with people from different organizations.   Answer Question

Worked for Holcim (US)? Contribute to the Community!