Hitachi Consulting

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details bad experience and you will have to go through 3 to 4 levels of interviews as they are very indecisive ,bad experience and you will have to go through 3 to 4 levels of interviews as they are very indecisive

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details 2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Question – Business case questions.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Question – Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details 1st Round - Webcam telephonic round
2nd Round - In-person technical round
3rd Round - In-person domain round
4th Round - HR

Interview Question – It is not difficult question but interesting questions:
You got a P1 bug but you have following day release, What are your next steps.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited scope, there is no space for negotiation.

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

Negotiation Details – good offer no need to negotiate.

Newark, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2009.

Interview Details - Asked all basic questions about SQL, PLSQL and then some on ERP fundamental skills.
- Asked about OAF related questions
- Asked about Project Accounting related questions

Interview Question – Why we would hire you ?   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview Details It was a very organized interview process. The recruiter did a phone screen. Individuals from my area of expertise led me through a series of interviews that included a CBI, a case study, as well as a meeting with a local VP. Overall the experience was very positive. I felt like I got a good sense of the company and its people An offer was made within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details For the technical tract, the interview process started after the internal recruiters were given my information by an employee. The first call was with what would be my boss and simply was a "how interested are you" conversation as well as a quick overview of the company.

The follow up was a day of interviews consisting of technical and business screens with a peer, an immediate superior and an interested (but not directly connected) manager. The final interview was with the practice leader (a managing vice president).

Interview Question – If after six months you are not satisfied with your employment at Hitachi Consulting, how would you handle your exit strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer was what I had demanded in the first place so there was no negotiation. However, knowing what you want before they ask would be helpful and feel free to push back if it is not what you expect.

Manager

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview Details Pretty easy interview. Spoke with a manager, sr manager and vp. Lasted about 3 hours total. Interview with vp was mainly them selling the company, talking about culture, etc. White boarded a few scenarios with sr manager. Fairly standard interview. Not difficult

Interview Question – No question stood out as being particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really. Initial offer was fair though

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2008.

Interview Details Interview was very well organized. The recruiter and recruiting team have a well-run process which includes a phone interview, then several 1:1 meetings with various levels of the consultancy (manager to VP). It also has case studies to test your knowledge. Hitachi also does a lot of behavioral interviewing. Very very well run!

Interview Question – Part of external consultancy includes proposing new projects/selling? Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were quick and reasonable. Able to negotiate sign-on bonus.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!