Hitachi Consulting

Getting the Interview

102 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Interview Question – How to perform validation   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Interview Details Multiple interviews with the hiring manager, followed by board meeting with Comp manager and other HR Business Partners

Interview Question – None, typical HR related questions, expeirence in what HRIS software, what areas of Human Capital Management are you familiar with, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I recieved an offer for a position that did not have a title nor job description. Eventually it was described as a Sr. HR Specialist. Pay was at the low end of what I requested and it was a temp position, however at the time I was in need of a job.

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details One of the most pleasant interview processes I went through. The HR team was very quick to respond to questions and didn't drag out the process over several months. They provided a dinner the night before the "on site" interview with a few VP's present. Interview day was very enjoyable with 1:1 interviews and a group case study. It seems like they were targeting business students, not just engineers.

Interview Question – Group Case study, talking about past experiences with VP   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Interview Question – All behavioral questions are very basic   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Behavioral Interview Questions on campus. Sat with both an alumni and a current architect. Extremely straight forward. Expand on your resume tell me more about this experience. They asked a lot about leadership and project management. Very nice experience and very easy interview. Most difficult question was how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?

Interview Question – how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through school job board, got a first round with a Director a week later. The interviewer was very easy going and personable. I was asked a lot of personal and behavioral questions. The interview seemed to go well, and it was overall a very relaxing experience. I had the interview three days ago and I am still waiting to hear back from Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Question – If a genie can grant you any job you wanted, what would it be? Do NOT tell me you want to be a consultant.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2012.

Interview Details - Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation
- Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc.
- Never heard back for a month
- On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Interview Question – HR based question   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Question – been a long time; do not remember much   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs

Manager Interview

Manager
Newark, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2009.

Interview Details - Asked all basic questions about SQL, PLSQL and then some on ERP fundamental skills.
- Asked about OAF related questions