Hitachi Consulting

Updated 20 Sep, 2014
Updated 20 Sep, 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

good offer no need to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

One of the most pleasant interview processes I went through. The HR team was very quick to respond to questions and didn't drag out the process over several months. They provided a dinner the night before the "on site" interview with a few VP's present. Interview day was very enjoyable with 1:1 interviews and a group case study. It seems like they were targeting business students, not just engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Group Case study, talking about past experiences with VP   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Behavioral Interview Questions on campus. Sat with both an alumni and a current architect. Extremely straight forward. Expand on your resume tell me more about this experience. They asked a lot about leadership and project management. Very nice experience and very easy interview. Most difficult question was how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?

Interview Questions
    • how do you motivate members of your group when you are in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Submit a resume at school's career fair and have an on campus interview. The recruiter is very nice and the conversation is kinda casual. Most questions are classic behavioral questions, and they also ask you very basic ER database questions. It last about 45 mins. I didn't receive the next round interview though, probably my knowledge to consultant business is very limited

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I applied through my University's job board. I got an initial on campus interview, and then a second one a week later. Both interviews were very traditional (tell me about a time when...) interviews. I ended up getting selected for the in office interviews. The process was slightly unorganized. But was not overly difficult. I met with four upper managers and the geographic VP. These interviews were much more conversational, and very relaxed.

They never called me like they said they would. I got an about two weeks late, from a member of the recruiting team (who I'd never talked to before) saying they "selected a candidate who better fit the qualifications of the job posting." Very basic and traditional rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for me? (Seems easy, but after weeks of interviewing, you sort of run out of questions...)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Questions
    • What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.