Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Question – -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
  Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Question – Pretty normal, nothing really unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through my university's career website, then had 2 b2b interview at my university

Interview Question – What at your last job made you want to get into consulting?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details 1st Round - Webcam telephonic round
2nd Round - In-person technical round
3rd Round - In-person domain round
4th Round - HR

Interview Question – It is not difficult question but interesting questions:
You got a P1 bug but you have following day release, What are your next steps.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited scope, there is no space for negotiation.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Question – Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Reston, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in January 2013.

Interview Details I spoke with 10 - count 'em - TEN Hitachi people - 2 VP's, 4 Directors, and 4 Senior Managers. All were very friendly and upbeat about the company - gave me the "it's a great place to work" speil. And every one of them told me I would be a great fit. Some actually said they were recommending me for hire.

It was a long process - over a month, made longer by the company's week and a half-long Holiday break.

After 4 phone interviews, I had a face to face with a VP a Director and a Senior Manager after which I had a conference-call interview with a Director and 2 of his team who were looking for a PM for their project.

After waiting a week for feedback, I finally emailed the recruiter who called back and told me "they weren't going forward" because I "wasn't a fit for the project role they're trying to fill".
Odd, because I was never given the impression that I was being considered for only one specific project role. I don't understand why it would take 10 people, including 2 VP's to determine whether someone can fill one single project role.

for the benefit of those who might not know, there's a difference between a consulting firm and a body shop. Consulting firms hire strategically - "for the bench", as they say. They get people on board, acclimate/indocrinate them, then get them onto a suitable role with a client project. Body shops, on the other hand, hire to fill a spot.

Throughout that long interview process, I thought I was interviewing with a consulting firm. I've been around the block and I know which questions get asked and which ones to ask.

Turns out I got played. All along, I was talking to a body shop that was masquerading as a consulting firm. Had I known who I was dealing with up front, I wouldn't have let them waste a month of my time.

Interview Question – None Really. The usual behavioral-type questions, and some Oracle-based skills evaluation questions. Nothing I didn't answer correctly. I've been on both sides of the table so I know how the process works.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details technical round, managerial round and HR. Sometimes client interview is also there.
Technical round will be tough and you have to negotiate well in the HR round. However they pay more then market value. You have to ask for joining bonus and relocation charges.
Telephonic round may start with a telephonic round.

Interview Question – not for me.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Submitted resume through MBA career center. Selected for campus interview, which was very friendly and informal. In-office interviews with four employees up to VP. Subsequent phone interview with subject matter expert. All interviewers made me feel very comfortable and enthusiastic about company.

Interview Question – No cases. Mostly questions about past experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary offered was very low.

Oracle PIM Functional Consultant Interview

Oracle PIM Functional Consultant
Hyderābād (India)

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details If any one get any openings from Hitachi Consulting regarding Oracle PIM or MDM interviews, please don't take it. They are conducting fake interviews just to get information from you how you have implemented PIM in your own company.
This applies to all the niche technologies currently in market.

My interview was less of questions and more of his doubts on how I proceeded to define the approach and implement solution.
If at any point of time you feel you are being used, just start giving wrong answers to fool them.
A company needs experienced resources, not trained freshers.
My interview lasted for 30mins and it ended when I had to force myself that I dont want to divulge any more information.
I Pity the company.

Interview Question – You can understand how worse the resources of the company are that they had to conduct fake interviews to gather information. Awful and shameless.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

Negotiation Details – good offer no need to negotiate.