Hitachi Consulting

Updated 13 Oct, 2014
Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions
    • Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Questions
    • We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question