Hitachi Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Not Sure Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Question – Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Interview Details Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Question – The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

Interview Details The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Question – The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Interview Question – no case questions, just behavioral   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details 1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
2. On-Campus Interview
3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Interview Question – Business Case   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Interview Question – What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Manager, SPecialized Services Interview

Manager, SPecialized Services

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details Hiring process is robust and transparent

Interview Question – Multi Tasking and Result Oriented   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Interview Question – Explain the components of data mining.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Consulting interview questions and advice. All 103 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hitachi Consulting employees and interview candidates.