Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I got referred by an employee that worked there. I got an email back to schedule an initial phone screening within a week. After about 20-30 minutes of regular interview questions, she told me honestly and clearly that there is no opening that she sees fit at this point. It was disappointing but it was a quick and honest interview process

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied at a career fair on campus. People there were great and very friendly and helpful. was invited a few days later to an on campus info session. After that, round 1 of the interview. It was a 45 min scheduled interview on campus. Round 2 was at their location two weeks later. I did the first interview and was done in about 30 minutes. talked mainly about my experience, projects I've worked on, style of dispute resolution, how I would pick a team, why Hitachi? and this one was a little odd: define strategy. Interviewer was very closed off it seemed. Talking fast, trying to get the interview done with quickly. seemed very rigid, business focused.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences   1 Answer
    • What specific projects have you worked on?   Answer Question
    • How have you handled disagreements in teams? What is your dispute resolution style?   1 Answer
    • give me an example of a time you had to pick a team   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Smooth process. Two rounds of screening process. Relevant questions were asked. The topics were mainly on personality questions, leadership questions, technical and client related questions. They will also check with your referrals.

Interview Questions

• What typical client challenged you faced and how you handles it?   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Over the phone and f2f. Was referred by an ex-colleague and recommendations from previous managers. Was informal as this was basically a relocation post and my profile fit in nicely to their immediate requirements.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first with a Hitachi manager. Then the second round consisted of three interviews at the company site. My first round interview contained a brief case as well as one of the second round interviews. Within a week of the second round interview, I received an offer and given two weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were too difficult. One case question was "Create an algorithm to make a Sudoku board". This was challenging but as long as you display a favorable way of thinking and presenting your thoughts in an appropriate amount of time, you will do great, regardless of whether you actually solve the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate salary because the offer was the best I received. I was however able to extend my deadline in order to hear back from another firm.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I met them on campus for a Career Fair. I, then, went to my university career website and applied and was asked for an interview. The process was not too difficult. They held one-on-one interviews on campus. Not many questions were asked, mostly just asking about my resume.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi?   Answer Question

Not that great of a reputation

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a bit different than expected there are total of 5 rounds and these are as follows :-
    Written Technical and verbal round
    40 questions each
    (as far as i remember :P)
    They declared the result in some time but obviously i was happy as even after the delay the result was good.
    Second was the GD round
    they divided us in teams and while the first two teams were in for a GD we were made to write an essay about the movie that we liked the most
    then the GD took place it was a nice round
    finally the interviews started and the interviews were in the following sequence
    Technical round
    HR Round
    Managerial Interview Round
    The Technical interview was good it had questions from Data Structures mostly

Interview Questions

• Some questions were dynamic once you answered one they counter asked something by increasing the level of the question   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting process and attended company presentation and social events. I had an interview on campus, which included two one-to-one interviews. The interviews were mostly behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected.