Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2014
Updated 21 Sep, 2014

2.7

Stewart/Dishwasher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Great organization and straight forward went very well I'm glad I had the opportunity it was a short waiting period and very friendly staff many done same day and gave plenty a chance for new opportunity

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Received an email stating that they had read my qualifications and asking to take a Online-Video Interview. The video interview consists of approximately 7 questions, pretty standard questions. The interview lasts approximate 30 minutes.

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newcastle, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Invited to the interview via phone call, when I arrived at the Hilton I was directed to the correct reception, filled in a reference contact sheet. During the interview I was asked to talk about my self, what I have done this far and where I see myself in the future. I was asked to go into detail about my bar background and asked why I enjoyed working behind the bar so much. Then listened to the interviewer (F&B Manager) describe the role and abit about the hotels various department. Then a little chat to wind the interview down. Was contacted later that day via email to say I was successful and was invited to a Hotel Induction (which I will be attending in a couple of days from now).

N/A

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Interview process was a panel interview. I showed up for the 10am interview at 9:40am. There were 3 other guys interviewing for the Bellman position. As we headed to the boardroom with 2 of the interviewers we found out that there were actually 2 bellman positions available. Once we sat down there was a 5th interviewee that joined in via conference phone. The questions began with an introduction of ourselves, our experience etc. The 2 people there were actually cool. They asked about how would we handle difficult situations, our strengths and weaknesses etc.... Not difficult questions at all. Then at the end of the interview was when I had gotten upset. We were told by the interviewers that it was necessary to be available 7 days a week. Anywhere from 7am to 11pm. 40 hrs a week was not an option. You work 6 hour shifts depending on the number of checkins and checkouts that day. Huh? What? So basically if you are wanting a Bellman position in downtown Atlanta for $5.50 an hour plus tip you will need to make yourself available 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Apparently there is a computer generated system that composes these figures and let's you know when you need to work.

I did not get the job, had I gotten the job I would have gladly given it to 1 of the other candidates in the room and still posted my experience here on glass door.

FYI, they do this for several positions at the Hilton in downtown Atlanta.

It's like telling people they can't have a second job with out telling them.

Sad part is 1 of the people that did the interviewing came up to me afterwards and told me that they don't like the system.

Then change it!

I worked for Hilton before. Loved my Hilton family but I will never be a part of this Hilton family at Hilton Atlanta.

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Encouraging, as time was spent on initial hire about expected onboard organizational culture. History of firm and focus on hospitality was stressed. Light questions regarding knowledge and experience. A few tests of math and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Appropriate way to deal with guest that is loudly questioning bill.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Received the call to schedule an interview less than 5 days after sending out resume. First round interview was on site with Assistant Director of Human Resource. Basically just behavioral question, like Why revenue analyst at (why) Hilton? Why should hire you? Where do you see yourself at 3-5 years?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge in your previous Revenue Analyst position?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

After passing the initial assessment, the Hirevue (video) interview, PC Check (this is an absolute must) within two days of the application, I was scheduled for a phone interview on my third day. I thought I did very well, even with the 'role play'.

However, I am sure the reason I did not get an offer was because of my 'over qualification'. I have a MBA (Master in Business Administration) and I am working on my PhD. I definitely would prefer a work at home job, because of the flexibility, and I do not have any small children at home. That was what caught my attention to this position.

The interviewer spent quite some time questioning me about my degree and upcoming Doctorate completion. I sensed that I was not going to get the position when she stated that, it seems that I would be more suited or I seem to have more of a business/management/HR background, etc. I explained to her that while that may seem like the obvious, I also am very interested in customer service, I do have extensive background in that field, and probably over time that could be something that I would do when seeking upward mobility in the future.

I still have to say, that the experience and the process was an eye opener since I have never done any other job interview like this. I like the ease and comforts of doing everything from your home and phone. It made me feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: When did you start your PhD program?   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Representative for GRAND VACATIONS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied online through their website and after about 2 weeks was sent an email with directions to complete a HireVue interview on the Internet. It's a web n interview very easy and convenient. After this was completed I received an email from the senior recruiter with availability to conduct a 15 minute phone interview. After this was completed Andrew invited me in for an in person observation with the team lead. The team lead Interviewed me and asked very easy questions. She then asked me what I thought the most difficult part of the job was and I said, I would say learning ALL of the information needed to complete a proper pitch and she responded, "you don't think it's getting the person to person to stop and come over to you?" I said no. I said I could do that now...so she put me to the test on the spot and I knocked it out the park. ..not to mention one of the couples I brought over actually booked an appointment to see the timeshare presentation. This earned her employee a nice check all thanks to me.

Interview Questions
    • What salary would you be comfortable with making annually?   View Answer
    There's nothing to negotiate. Salary is too hefty!

Sales Manager Hilton Worldwide Nairobi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

I saw the advert in the newspaper which referred the applicants to Hilton Worldwide career site. First I did not take it serious but gave it a second thought and applied. To my amazement I received a call after five days of submission inviting me for an interview after pre qualification. This made me happy and I went for the interview as per the date specified. There was a questionnaire to fill and then followed by an oral interview in a board room. The interviewees in the board room were two ladies whom to my gauging were highly competitive and conducted the interview in a very professional way. They promised to communicate back the following week which they did by email unfortunately I did not pass this stage of selection but was happy on how the whole process was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle the rebels and the difficult members of a team.   View Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Very long process. Hiring manager/decision maker had busy travel schedule and recruiter often didn't have update. Hiring manager told me I would come back for group interview. Over a month went by and that group interview never happened. Recruiter called and told me moving in another direction - ultimately was filled with internal employee.

Interview Questions
    • Assuming you get the job, and we are sitting here at your 1 year review, what will that look like? What will you have accomplished?   Answer Question

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!