Hilton Worldwide

Updated 7 Dec, 2014
Updated 7 Dec, 2014

2.7

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Very straight forward. General interview questions: strengths and weaknesses? why Hilton? why hospitality? what accomplishment are you most proud of? tell me about a time when.... scenario questions, guest related questions

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I was referred to this position by a former coworker and was told that they were already considering an internal hire. I had to formally submitted my resume online then heard from the initial HR recruiter a week later (HR requires that the position be posted for a certain amount of time before closing the position opening). I talked to HR on Thursday, interviewed with the hiring manager and some coworkers on Friday, then received a formal offer by the following Wednesday. Since my role works with a global team, I had all telephone interviews but then met my boss face to face for the offer. The questions mirrored the position of the one I was interviewing with-- work/personality questions from my coworkers and more strategic questions from the hiring VP. Some of the questions I was asked:
    - What value/experience can you bring to this position?
    - What is your work style? How do you work with global teams?
    - What do you do when you don't agree with your supervisor/team member?
    - What do you want in a career? What are your values?
    I think the most important think about preparing for the interview is knowing your story about why you want the position, how your previous experience makes you fit for this next position/career, and what value you'll bring to the team.

Interview Questions
    • If I hired you right now and you start tomorrow, what is the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Submitted an online application through the Hilton website, HR called back just over a week later to schedule an interview. They had scheduled a number of candidates for back-to-back interviews with management. I spoke with the front desk manager first, and then with the hotel's general manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes total, for both conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were routine interview questions (why do you want to work here, what strengths would you bring to the job, what are your goals, etc). They also asked me to give an example from a previous job where I contributed to team building efforts, and asked how I would deal with an angry guest.   Answer Question
    The online application had a space for requested wage. I received the hourly rate I requested on the application - there did not seem to be another opportunity to negotiate.

House Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I filled an application online and it took over 20 minutes, after 2 weeks I received a phone call asking which interview slot I want and what to bring. I

Interview Questions
    • They weren't that difficult, questions were like have you experience working with cleaning chemicals or the hotel industries each answer was rated, are you a perfectionist and of so explain   Answer Question

Got offered another job.

Assistant Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Walk through and short interview. Waited 100 minutes to start interview. Was told it is typical by staff. Was not given many answers to my questions. HR manager did not show. Was told to direct questions to HR in another state via email

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Two interviews: virtual interview followed by in-person interview.

Typical questions as well as ones about what you would do in certain circumstances.

I ended up withdrawing my application though.

The virtual interview was odd ... There is no do-over so it is important to make sure that you practice and are comfortable speaking to a webcam...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker left on break even though there is a long line of customers ....?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Watford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Watford, England (UK)

interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in November 2014.

After an initial phone call to clarify my interest and identity, I was instructed to complete a digital interview, as well as numerical, verbal and personality tests. The tests were relatively difficult. The digital interview required me to answer three spoken interview questions, before completing two written essay questions. I got through this stage and now have a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What current affairs story has caught your eye recently?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Straightforward process, applied through a local job platform. I went through a series of interviews with HR representatives, the heads of departments and also a formal discussion with the General Manager for final approval. There were also two tests - language skills and test for logical reasoning. Process was very smooth and professional.

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview was quick and painless. I applied online and got a phone interview about 3-weeks to a month later. After passing the phone interview I did an in office interview a week and a half later. The questions were very simple and the standard situational and behavioral questions. About another week later or less I received an offer and shortly completed the paperwork.

No negotiation. I worked for a very busy Hilton so the pay was nice.

Communications, Middle East and Africa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Had three interviews. First on the phone, second online video interview and online assessments and the third was a face-to-face interview. Online assessments were easy but took up a lot of time. Overall, an okay experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included, What do you know about Hilton Worldwide, Why Hilton?, and other general questions related to communications and PR.   Answer Question