Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2014
Updated 19 Oct, 2014

2.7

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview was quick and painless. I applied online and got a phone interview about 3-weeks to a month later. After passing the phone interview I did an in office interview a week and a half later. The questions were very simple and the standard situational and behavioral questions. About another week later or less I received an offer and shortly completed the paperwork.

No negotiation. I worked for a very busy Hilton so the pay was nice.

Communications, Middle East and Africa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Had three interviews. First on the phone, second online video interview and online assessments and the third was a face-to-face interview. Online assessments were easy but took up a lot of time. Overall, an okay experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included, What do you know about Hilton Worldwide, Why Hilton?, and other general questions related to communications and PR.   Answer Question

Customer Service Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2014.

DIGITAL INTERVIEW;
    Digital interviewing is a modern, new way to interview. It is a simple process. Using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device, you record your answers to pre-set interview questions from Hilton Worldwide. After you finish, Hilton will review your responses and contact you regarding next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you would be a good fit for Hilton?   View Answer
    Not completed yet.

Stewart/Dishwasher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Great organization and straight forward went very well I'm glad I had the opportunity it was a short waiting period and very friendly staff many done same day and gave plenty a chance for new opportunity

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Received an email stating that they had read my qualifications and asking to take a Online-Video Interview. The video interview consists of approximately 7 questions, pretty standard questions. The interview lasts approximate 30 minutes.

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Invited to the interview via phone call, when I arrived at the Hilton I was directed to the correct reception, filled in a reference contact sheet. During the interview I was asked to talk about my self, what I have done this far and where I see myself in the future. I was asked to go into detail about my bar background and asked why I enjoyed working behind the bar so much. Then listened to the interviewer (F&B Manager) describe the role and abit about the hotels various department. Then a little chat to wind the interview down. Was contacted later that day via email to say I was successful and was invited to a Hotel Induction (which I will be attending in a couple of days from now).

N/A

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Interview process was a panel interview. I showed up for the 10am interview at 9:40am. There were 3 other guys interviewing for the Bellman position. As we headed to the boardroom with 2 of the interviewers we found out that there were actually 2 bellman positions available. Once we sat down there was a 5th interviewee that joined in via conference phone. The questions began with an introduction of ourselves, our experience etc. The 2 people there were actually cool. They asked about how would we handle difficult situations, our strengths and weaknesses etc.... Not difficult questions at all. Then at the end of the interview was when I had gotten upset. We were told by the interviewers that it was necessary to be available 7 days a week. Anywhere from 7am to 11pm. 40 hrs a week was not an option. You work 6 hour shifts depending on the number of checkins and checkouts that day. Huh? What? So basically if you are wanting a Bellman position in downtown Atlanta for $5.50 an hour plus tip you will need to make yourself available 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Apparently there is a computer generated system that composes these figures and let's you know when you need to work.

I did not get the job, had I gotten the job I would have gladly given it to 1 of the other candidates in the room and still posted my experience here on glass door.

FYI, they do this for several positions at the Hilton in downtown Atlanta.

It's like telling people they can't have a second job with out telling them.

Sad part is 1 of the people that did the interviewing came up to me afterwards and told me that they don't like the system.

Then change it!

I worked for Hilton before. Loved my Hilton family but I will never be a part of this Hilton family at Hilton Atlanta.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

After applying to several Job's with Hilton worldwide I received an email stating I had been invited to participate in an online recorded interview. Once I reviewed the email inviting me to participate in the recorded interview I noticed that I only had until the end of the same day to complete the process, I must admit I was somewhat annoyed that I had been given such a limited window to complete the interview. Per the email's suggestion I logged onto the interview site and watched a brief video on the recorded interview process, unfortunately this video did not prepare me for how awkward this process was going to be. I was most recently the General Manager of a full service hotel with close to 100 employees and conducted interviews almost weekly and never had I made an applicant feel as awkward as that "robo" interview made me feel. The interview questions where so generic that they did not provide an adequate chance for a potential employer to understand my knowledge and skills. I am still interested in Working with Hilton Worldwide however, I would not like to participate in another "Robo" interview.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Received the call to schedule an interview less than 5 days after sending out resume. First round interview was on site with Assistant Director of Human Resource. Basically just behavioral question, like Why revenue analyst at (why) Hilton? Why should hire you? Where do you see yourself at 3-5 years?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge in your previous Revenue Analyst position?   Answer Question

Lead Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Encouraging, as time was spent on initial hire about expected onboard organizational culture. History of firm and focus on hospitality was stressed. Light questions regarding knowledge and experience. A few tests of math and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Appropriate way to deal with guest that is loudly questioning bill.   View Answer
    No negotiation