Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
Updated 13 Apr, 2015

2.7

Bartender Interview

Interview

Applied online, was called in to meet with one of the supervisors, then was called back to fill out paperwork with HR. Very easy, very standard for this type of position.

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and short. It was your average interview. But the advertised job was not the same one that was offered in the interview. I was prepared for job that was advertise.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions

• As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

First applied through the Hilton Website, later got a call from the Front office manager.it was a normal interview with two Front office manager/supervisor. They was polite and very positive. They told that they will let me know by next weekend. They just started with previous job experience and then few situational questions Hoping for the best

Interview Questions

• 1)Why do you want to work as a receptionist?
      2)Why are you interested to work in Hilton group?
      3)What you know about this property of Hilton?
      4)How do you deal with customer complaints?
      5)Where do you see yourself two years from now?

1 Answer

Manager ECommerce Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Addison, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

As previous people stated, there are three steps to the interview process. The first is with the recruiter, second is an phone interview with upper manager and third (final) is in-peron with upper as well as co-workers. The interview was a bit weird for me. While the recruit frank was very open and honest he also left but some critical areas of the position. He also was very focused on your financial expectations and why you were leaving the current job. These are normal questions often asked on 2nd interviews but was very pushy into the reasoning. When giving him a range of what I currently made he assumed the lowest and avoided mentioning the position's current and max pay. It took him awhile to respond even when asked what was the pay range for the job, which it was actually about the same of what I was currently making. The "sale" was that Hilton has bonuses so the increase would be on the bonus.
    I ended up having a 2nd interview that following afternoon, which I learned a lot more about the job was more SEM and Pay. These were things not really stated and I did ask for clarifications from the recruiter on this as my experience was limited. Unfortunately, the two people on the phone where pushing and also wanted details on how I would handle a particular project if a hotel wasn't increasing in traffic. I had no idea because I wasn't familiar with their practice and honestly told them that but what I would do outside of researching. It was a pretty "intimating" interview with questions as it seems they were looking for someone who already knew or where in the current position. They also noted that I would be shifting from my current position and it seemed to be a problem, which I noted to them before. It wasn't the best interview on both sides so I would say just be read over what others stated and be ready for any type of question and ignore any attitudes.
    Note: Both interview calls where late in calling and the 2nd interviewees where kinda jerks without being polite or anything. As soon as the interview was over, I sent an email to the recruiter to decline going further. I was just to turned off by the process to go further.

Interview Questions

• How much are you currently being paid? What is your expectations for salary?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2015.

Interview

I swim two hundred miters and two minutes for water trade and then I go hr to see the manager in their office for some questions and answers. it was good questions.

Interview Questions

• What responsibility of lifeguard   1 Answer

Negotiation

was we talk about job like situation and weather condition and we share an idea.

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Got an invitation for interview on next day,
    Did the interview through HireVue. It need to be done within 48hours, the HireVue provide practices before started, make sure you do it, it was helpful
    The whole interview process was quite straight forward and easy.

Group Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying to attend an assessment centre, was fun! I then got told I was successful and I have a phone interview, which was about my experience, I then got a phone call a week later to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Front Desk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Pensacola, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The lady and was very professional. Asked me what I knew about Hilton; tell me about myself and asked what experience I had. My overall impression was a very positive one. High ethics and strong commitment to quality.

Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview

Typically with corporate hotels, most postings are required to be open for one to two weeks minimum at which point it's removed. I applied online and heard from the recruitment center about ten days later. Initial interview with the HR recruiter asked standard hotel and management related questions. After speaking with HR, my application was forwarded to the department manager and the assistant director. I had an interview with each, where they asked both interview-type questions... very easy, conversational and comfortable. I then interviewed with the F&B Director and Assistant director, followed by the hotel manager (which is fairly uncharacteristic, but a strategy this property utilizes). Each interview was great and the formality diminished as I spoke to managers "higher up the chain." Everyone was professional, fun, upbeat, excited about their jobs and asked questions I felt to be relevant and truly important rather than basic and impractical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to repair a work relationship with a superior staff member   1 Answer

Great fit for me as a company, but this role was not right for me.