Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details There are 3 rounds, first and second with technical interview, last one is manager interview, it is a entry level so not too difficult. it lasts for half hour, 1 hour of the first 2 interview. After all pass, manager call you again for the offer things.

Interview Question – how many things you need to considering testing a can.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2011.

Interview Details Painful hiring process -- was hired by hiring manage; put on hold after submitting info for criminal/credit check; ensure that there is approval first; a hiring freeze has been in place for quite a few months and there are stops and starts to the interview process with very little updates or follow up. Was more surprised to get a job offer than anything

Negotiation Details – It was smooth, however, it was misrepresented. A LTE is not an employee but a contractor with limited term and has to be renewed annually or semi-annually - there is no job security whereas the manager tries to get you to get past that obstacle

Very Easy Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details Smooth and didnt have much problem. Had a techinical as we ll as HR interview. HR has a simple interview where they asked about myself and my previous experiences. Technical was also almost the same as HR

Interview Question – No difficult question asked. Everythign was straight forward   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Question – What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   View Answer

Environment and Business Intern Interview

Environment and Business Intern
Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details Had 3 people in the room, one was a past co-op and another senior worker and then the head boss on the phone. Very un-organized. The past co-op was asking me questions that I didn't have the answer to regarding the position.

Interview Question – Tell me something I don't know that I did in my past co-op...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2012.

Interview Details I was hired through S.I. Systems. The hiring process consisted of meeting with 2 senior team members, followed by the VP (manager) of the team. On my second interview, I was given a test to complete, and more questions to answer.

Interview Question – Stack sizes after allocating 1KB in a recursive function (not that difficult actually). Security questions, which didn't make sense to me (unfamiliar terminology). What they meant was weaknesses in programming (size of a static 10 byte buffer, would you buffer[10] = NULL?).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. The job market was on its way down, so I took the cut and grinned and bore it for a year, until I quit (I couldn't take it anymore).

Marketing Business Analyst Intern Interview

Marketing Business Analyst Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Interview Details I was originally interviewed for a different intern position, however the recruiter contacted me one week afterwards regarding a new position, which she thought would better suit me. It took about 3-4 tries to finally get a person-to-person interview with the manager. The recruiter herself never provided detail information (such as what specific department this position was for), nor did she provide any other important information about the position. I was more upset at the fact that literally every single time I was given a last minute cancellation or excuse as to why the manager couldn't make it, very unprofessional. Nonetheless, during the interview, the manager brought along with him another intern, and several times his phone kept ringing throughout the interview, where twice he answered his phone to speak to his family! Very, very unprofessional...what's even worse is that he was sitting right infront of me and I could see him looking at the clock every two minutes. He was asking me questions about the position and I told him very openly that I was never given any detailed information so that's why I was hoping he could provide me with detail. He ended the email by making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable. I was totally underprepared as I was not told any vital information by the recruiter. I would never want to work for a company that lacks professionalism, especially from management.

Interview Question – - Making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable.
- Asking me how to find out how many gas stations are in the city without using the internet and/or google
  Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

Interview Question – Nothing normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional
Richmond, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2009.

Interview Details at least 2 interviews. some may get 3.

Interview Question – why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are a good company. I like the culture of this company.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied on company website and an HR rep from Mexico emailed me to setup a phone interview. She had a 15 screening (tell me about you, why HP etc.) and scheduled an conference call with the manager and a senior analyst. She mentioned that I will be supporting government clients and will be working from home. Most questions at the second interview were easy (project related, general technical). It lasted for 45 minutes and next week the HR emailed that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What does XML encoding did you use at your project? such as UTF8 or UTF16?
How do you speed up an SQL query?
  View Answer

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!