Hewlett-Packard

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
1,603 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

After giving out my resume in person, I was contacted by email to schedule an in person interview. I was also asked to submit my profile and apply online on HP's job website. The interview lasted 50 minutes or so. The interview was mostly going over my resume and talking about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected or technical question other than what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

There were three rounds of interviews focused on skills and job fit. Strong focus on training and career development. Important focus on customer skills and people skills. Project management accounting experience with a emphasis on financial management.

Software Engineer Interview

There are 3 rounds, first and second with technical interview, last one is manager interview, it is a entry level so not too difficult. it lasts for half hour, 1 hour of the first 2 interview. After all pass, manager call you again for the offer things.

Interview Questions
    • how many things you need to considering testing a can.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Questions
    • What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   View Answer

Marketing Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

I was originally interviewed for a different intern position, however the recruiter contacted me one week afterwards regarding a new position, which she thought would better suit me. It took about 3-4 tries to finally get a person-to-person interview with the manager. The recruiter herself never provided detail information (such as what specific department this position was for), nor did she provide any other important information about the position. I was more upset at the fact that literally every single time I was given a last minute cancellation or excuse as to why the manager couldn't make it, very unprofessional. Nonetheless, during the interview, the manager brought along with him another intern, and several times his phone kept ringing throughout the interview, where twice he answered his phone to speak to his family! Very, very unprofessional...what's even worse is that he was sitting right infront of me and I could see him looking at the clock every two minutes. He was asking me questions about the position and I told him very openly that I was never given any detailed information so that's why I was hoping he could provide me with detail. He ended the email by making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable. I was totally underprepared as I was not told any vital information by the recruiter. I would never want to work for a company that lacks professionalism, especially from management.

Interview Questions
    • - Making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable.
      - Asking me how to find out how many gas stations are in the city without using the internet and/or google
        Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

No negotiation

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

I applied on company website and an HR rep from Mexico emailed me to setup a phone interview. She had a 15 screening (tell me about you, why HP etc.) and scheduled an conference call with the manager and a senior analyst. She mentioned that I will be supporting government clients and will be working from home. Most questions at the second interview were easy (project related, general technical). It lasted for 45 minutes and next week the HR emailed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What does XML encoding did you use at your project? such as UTF8 or UTF16?
      How do you speed up an SQL query?
        View Answer

Category Business and Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

First I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an interview date.

Had an interview with 2 managers
    Very easy.
    They asked me to go through my resume
    and usual questions on why I want to work at HP, behavioral questions.

Then HR calls me and asked me if I was eligible to work in Canada etc.
    He then sent me a list of questions to answer and send to him (I don't know if he actually read them or not)

1. What is the biggest challenge you have faced in a project and how did you overcome the challenge.
    2.Describe a situation when you worked on a team and the team had a particularly good outcome?
    4. Tell me about the results you have achieved that you are most proud of.
    a) What was the situation?
    b) What kind of process did you use to achieve results?
    c) What makes you proud of achieving these particular results?
    5.Describe a situation where you demonstrated ethical behavior with your peers, leaders and/or customers.
    6. Describe the different types of customers you’ve worked with
    7.What experiences have you had with a large and complex project, account, or, program?
    a) Can you describe the project, account and/or program?
    b) Was the scope of work
    8.Have you worked or operated in more than one function? If yes, where?

Interview Questions
    • 3.How do you go about establishing rapport with a customer? What have you done to gain their confidence? Walk me through your example   Answer Question

Environment and Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Had 3 people in the room, one was a past co-op and another senior worker and then the head boss on the phone. Very un-organized. The past co-op was asking me questions that I didn't have the answer to regarding the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something I don't know that I did in my past co-op...   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Smooth and didnt have much problem. Had a techinical as we ll as HR interview. HR has a simple interview where they asked about myself and my previous experiences. Technical was also almost the same as HR

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question asked. Everythign was straight forward   Answer Question