Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
1,827 Interview Reviews

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

They called me at a random time for the first interview, when that went well, a second phone interview was scheduled. 2 rounds of phone interviews took place before the face to face one.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions so be prepared to have specific situations in your mind instead of wasting interview time thinking about them. Have you ever went above your clients expectations? Tell me about a difficult situation how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

It was a case based interview. It consisted of 4 interviews. First round was over video conferencing. The last 3 interviews were face to face. Typically mix of behavioral and case interview approach. relocation was paid; team was made up of mostly ex-BCG & ex-McKinsey

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

Interview

After giving out my resume in person, I was contacted by email to schedule an in person interview. I was also asked to submit my profile and apply online on HP's job website. The interview lasted 50 minutes or so. The interview was mostly going over my resume and talking about my experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected or technical question other than what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews focused on skills and job fit. Strong focus on training and career development. Important focus on customer skills and people skills. Project management accounting experience with a emphasis on financial management.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are 3 rounds, first and second with technical interview, last one is manager interview, it is a entry level so not too difficult. it lasts for half hour, 1 hour of the first 2 interview. After all pass, manager call you again for the offer things.

Interview Questions

• how many things you need to considering testing a can.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Questions

• What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   1 Answer

Marketing Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Toronto, ON) in November 2013.

Interview

I was originally interviewed for a different intern position, however the recruiter contacted me one week afterwards regarding a new position, which she thought would better suit me. It took about 3-4 tries to finally get a person-to-person interview with the manager. The recruiter herself never provided detail information (such as what specific department this position was for), nor did she provide any other important information about the position. I was more upset at the fact that literally every single time I was given a last minute cancellation or excuse as to why the manager couldn't make it, very unprofessional. Nonetheless, during the interview, the manager brought along with him another intern, and several times his phone kept ringing throughout the interview, where twice he answered his phone to speak to his family! Very, very unprofessional...what's even worse is that he was sitting right infront of me and I could see him looking at the clock every two minutes. He was asking me questions about the position and I told him very openly that I was never given any detailed information so that's why I was hoping he could provide me with detail. He ended the email by making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable. I was totally underprepared as I was not told any vital information by the recruiter. I would never want to work for a company that lacks professionalism, especially from management.

Interview Questions

• - Making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable.
      - Asking me how to find out how many gas stations are in the city without using the internet and/or google

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Toronto, ON) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on company website and an HR rep from Mexico emailed me to setup a phone interview. She had a 15 screening (tell me about you, why HP etc.) and scheduled an conference call with the manager and a senior analyst. She mentioned that I will be supporting government clients and will be working from home. Most questions at the second interview were easy (project related, general technical). It lasted for 45 minutes and next week the HR emailed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What does XML encoding did you use at your project? such as UTF8 or UTF16?
      How do you speed up an SQL query?

1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

First I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an interview date.

Had an interview with 2 managers
    Very easy.
    They asked me to go through my resume
    and usual questions on why I want to work at HP, behavioral questions.

Then HR calls me and asked me if I was eligible to work in Canada etc.
    He then sent me a list of questions to answer and send to him (I don't know if he actually read them or not)

1. What is the biggest challenge you have faced in a project and how did you overcome the challenge.
    2.Describe a situation when you worked on a team and the team had a particularly good outcome?
    4. Tell me about the results you have achieved that you are most proud of.
    a) What was the situation?
    b) What kind of process did you use to achieve results?
    c) What makes you proud of achieving these particular results?
    5.Describe a situation where you demonstrated ethical behavior with your peers, leaders and/or customers.
    6. Describe the different types of customers you’ve worked with
    7.What experiences have you had with a large and complex project, account, or, program?
    a) Can you describe the project, account and/or program?
    b) Was the scope of work
    8.Have you worked or operated in more than one function? If yes, where?

Interview Questions

• 3.How do you go about establishing rapport with a customer? What have you done to gain their confidence? Walk me through your example   Answer Question