Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

1,364 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Question – What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   View Answer

Environment and Business Intern Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details Had 3 people in the room, one was a past co-op and another senior worker and then the head boss on the phone. Very un-organized. The past co-op was asking me questions that I didn't have the answer to regarding the position.

Interview Question – Tell me something I don't know that I did in my past co-op...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2012.

Interview Details I was hired through S.I. Systems. The hiring process consisted of meeting with 2 senior team members, followed by the VP (manager) of the team. On my second interview, I was given a test to complete, and more questions to answer.

Interview Question – Stack sizes after allocating 1KB in a recursive function (not that difficult actually). Security questions, which didn't make sense to me (unfamiliar terminology). What they meant was weaknesses in programming (size of a static 10 byte buffer, would you buffer[10] = NULL?).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. The job market was on its way down, so I took the cut and grinned and bore it for a year, until I quit (I couldn't take it anymore).

Marketing Business Analyst Intern Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Interview Details I was originally interviewed for a different intern position, however the recruiter contacted me one week afterwards regarding a new position, which she thought would better suit me. It took about 3-4 tries to finally get a person-to-person interview with the manager. The recruiter herself never provided detail information (such as what specific department this position was for), nor did she provide any other important information about the position. I was more upset at the fact that literally every single time I was given a last minute cancellation or excuse as to why the manager couldn't make it, very unprofessional. Nonetheless, during the interview, the manager brought along with him another intern, and several times his phone kept ringing throughout the interview, where twice he answered his phone to speak to his family! Very, very unprofessional...what's even worse is that he was sitting right infront of me and I could see him looking at the clock every two minutes. He was asking me questions about the position and I told him very openly that I was never given any detailed information so that's why I was hoping he could provide me with detail. He ended the email by making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable. I was totally underprepared as I was not told any vital information by the recruiter. I would never want to work for a company that lacks professionalism, especially from management.

Interview Question – - Making a chart on a whiteboard of companies and payments along with units and to have me guess which company was most profitable.
- Asking me how to find out how many gas stations are in the city without using the internet and/or google
  Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

Interview Question – Nothing normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Professional Interview

Richmond, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2009.

Interview Details at least 2 interviews. some may get 3.

Interview Question – why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are a good company. I like the culture of this company.

Systems Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied on company website and an HR rep from Mexico emailed me to setup a phone interview. She had a 15 screening (tell me about you, why HP etc.) and scheduled an conference call with the manager and a senior analyst. She mentioned that I will be supporting government clients and will be working from home. Most questions at the second interview were easy (project related, general technical). It lasted for 45 minutes and next week the HR emailed that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What does XML encoding did you use at your project? such as UTF8 or UTF16?
How do you speed up an SQL query?
  View Answer

Category Business and Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details First I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an interview date.

Had an interview with 2 managers
Very easy.
They asked me to go through my resume
and usual questions on why I want to work at HP, behavioral questions.

Then HR calls me and asked me if I was eligible to work in Canada etc.
He then sent me a list of questions to answer and send to him (I don't know if he actually read them or not)

1. What is the biggest challenge you have faced in a project and how did you overcome the challenge.
2.Describe a situation when you worked on a team and the team had a particularly good outcome?
4. Tell me about the results you have achieved that you are most proud of.
a) What was the situation?
b) What kind of process did you use to achieve results?
c) What makes you proud of achieving these particular results?
5.Describe a situation where you demonstrated ethical behavior with your peers, leaders and/or customers.
6. Describe the different types of customers you’ve worked with
7.What experiences have you had with a large and complex project, account, or, program?
a) Can you describe the project, account and/or program?
b) Was the scope of work
8.Have you worked or operated in more than one function? If yes, where?

Interview Question – 3.How do you go about establishing rapport with a customer? What have you done to gain their confidence? Walk me through your example   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details Company was taken over from EDS. I was never hired but I was immediately required to take a 30 percent wage cut or be let go. I was eventually let go. Now the company has lost the major sector that I was contracted to, GM, and couldn't keep up the demands of the client.

Interview Question – Will you take a 30 percent wage cut?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was handed a letter to sign accepting the wage cut.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2009.

Interview Details Multi stage interview process that included HR, legal, sales that at times was slow and disjointed - too many reports, consents, searches, etc. More red tape than real substance to the questions asked and answered. Too much process and not enough dialogue.

Negotiation Details – The same...too much process an dnot enough dialogue.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard interview questions and advice. All 1,364 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.