Hewlett-Packard

Updated 30 Jul, 2014
Updated 30 Jul, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Questions
  • What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

There was no hiring or interview process as HP bought the company I was with and so I transitioned over without this process but a few others had to re-interview. There was a major re-alignment of job titles, organizations and management at the time and several afterwards, but no further interviews were required.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Met at on-campus recruiting fair at a large, reputable school. Really hit it off with recruiter who asked me to email him if I was interested and submit a formal resume. I submitted my resume and sent a follow up email. Interviews started about 3 weeks after and began with a quick phone screening. Once passed, another phone interview was scheduled. My interview was with a current, experienced Business Consultant. General case questions where creativity and thought process were factors. Nothing too difficult just wanted to see how you would respond. Another 2 phone interviews later (very similar) I had a verbal offer while the paperwork was worked out and then finally received the formal offer, which I obviously accepted. And happy that I did.

Interview Questions
    • I'll be honest, it was a while ago that I had these interviews. I read a case study book and studied several case studies while in school and felt comfortable. The part that you can't study for is the "fit test." When you travel 4-5 days a week, it's an important test to pass.

I do know people that were expected to present some of their collegiate work that applied to the position. Just depends on the interviewer and the specific job you are aiming for.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was a fair market offer and I was pleased to accept.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I cannot comment as I came in on the graduate scheme which was based around an initial phone interview, a technical phone interview and then a one day assessment center

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

It was a very detailed interview process where I went through almost 8 rounds and it was a good experience at the end, which made me feel that they are serious about picking the right people for the job than picking someone

Interview Questions
    It was not so transparent however I got close to what I requested

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Alumni and University connections:
    1. Phone Interview
    2. 1:1 Interview 2 rounds
    3. Phone Interview with Director
    Research about work profile; Industry and service offerings helped

Interview Questions
    • Mini case interview -- how would you solve a particular buss. problem   View Answers (3)
    Not a whole lot; joined during recession