Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details had a telephone interview that was succinct and detailed and felt good about it, then they called me back to come in for a face to face meeting, after skyping a meeting and detailing any answers they needed. The waiting was the hard part, but felt pretty sound after all.

Interview Question – What are your perceived weaknesses and how would you like to fix them?   View Answer

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details Met at on-campus recruiting fair at a large, reputable school. Really hit it off with recruiter who asked me to email him if I was interested and submit a formal resume. I submitted my resume and sent a follow up email. Interviews started about 3 weeks after and began with a quick phone screening. Once passed, another phone interview was scheduled. My interview was with a current, experienced Business Consultant. General case questions where creativity and thought process were factors. Nothing too difficult just wanted to see how you would respond. Another 2 phone interviews later (very similar) I had a verbal offer while the paperwork was worked out and then finally received the formal offer, which I obviously accepted. And happy that I did.

Interview Question – I'll be honest, it was a while ago that I had these interviews. I read a case study book and studied several case studies while in school and felt comfortable. The part that you can't study for is the "fit test." When you travel 4-5 days a week, it's an important test to pass.

I do know people that were expected to present some of their collegiate work that applied to the position. Just depends on the interviewer and the specific job you are aiming for.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a fair market offer and I was pleased to accept.

Business Consultant
Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details I cannot comment as I came in on the graduate scheme which was based around an initial phone interview, a technical phone interview and then a one day assessment center

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Details It was a very detailed interview process where I went through almost 8 rounds and it was a good experience at the end, which made me feel that they are serious about picking the right people for the job than picking someone

Interview Question – VBA MAcros   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not so transparent however I got close to what I requested

Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview Details Alumni and University connections:
1. Phone Interview
2. 1:1 Interview 2 rounds
3. Phone Interview with Director
Research about work profile; Industry and service offerings helped

Interview Question – Mini case interview -- how would you solve a particular buss. problem   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Not a whole lot; joined during recession

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!