Hewitt Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in January 2008.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with recruiter and than in person interview, conducted by three different interviewers (back to back).

Interview Question – Questions were redundant from one interviewer to another. Interview questions tend to focus on how difficult situtations were handled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst
Toronto, ON

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in January 2009.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with a Recruiter followed by 3 separate one on one interviews with managers and senior team members. All the one on one interviews were scheduled for the same day. I received an offer within 2 business days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Set Up Configuration Specialist Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in March 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by a representative from India regarding filling out a pre screening list as well as scheduling an interview.

I was in total interviewed by three associates from this company.

The company, on paper looks to be large and well organized and respectable.

After the interview though Im not so sure.

It seems that a great deal of work is either outsourced or i would be working significantly with off shore associates. A lot of work is done virtually, with associates in other offices. The system is extremely proprietary and the company doesnt seem to encourage a lot of growth within the job role.

I was told about how the organizational structure worked and I am really both intrigued as well as puzzled at why they would want to add another layer of buracracy to resource management (was informed about a "construction group"?

Reason for Declining – Nice people, but pay was a bit on the lower end compared to market averages for a similar role with responsiblities. Role seemed to "narrow" and offered little to no room for growth within the company as well as skill set.

Nice people, good looking company but fails on a few other aspects which are unforgiveable.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in June 2007.

Interview Details I have contacted the staffing agency and completed few test with them. Then I had an interview with the recruiter from the staffing agency and described her the position I was looking for. She mentioned that she had a client looking for a person like me and let me know that she would contact me in regards to the face-to-face interview with the client. Few days later I had an interview with the hiring manager from Hewitt Associates. One day later they hired me on contract basis. Two months later I was hired on permanent basis.

Trainer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details The first interview was "Digital" lasting approximately 25 minutes and requiring you to have a web cam. It was extremely impersonal with absolutely no opportunity for clarification or feedback. On one hand, I found this to be convenient, as you could do it on your own time line, but on the other hand, I found it to be stressful as you had absolutely no way to "read" body language or interact with your interviewer; no personal communication. I also felt the company was being cheap by using this as a first pass.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details Not very transparent. Also the compensation is too low.

Interview Question – As freshers there was no such unexpected or difficult question. Questions were around the basics of programming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope as freshers we weren't able to negotiate.

LOA Intake Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Hewitt Associates

Interview Details I was interviewed initially via phone and then had an in-person interview. The interviewer gave a somewhat accurate picture of what the job would be like. They painted an unrealistic picture of advancement opportunities. I was contacted for an interview after posting my resume on CareerBuilder.com

Interview Question – How do I deal with problems.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in February 2013.

Interview Details HR Round
Written Round
Manager Round

Interview Question – Interview was simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR told maxium they would provide me is 15k

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details I interviewed for this job in college. I went through about three rounds of interviews and was offered the job. I was shown all around the hewitt campus in Atlanta, etc only to have the job pulled a few weeks before I was to start. I was invited to interview for them a few years down the road and the same thing happened again. I would never entertain a job from this compay. Their HR department is obviously a mess.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? Not really, I can't recall actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me a job, cancelled the job offer, but did give me some compensation for it.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in July 2011.

Interview Details The interview was your standard type of interview. We went to one of the mini conference rooms to conduct the interview. I was interviewed by two people where as most were interviewed by one. The questions were the standard interview questions that everyone has been asked before. I was provided information and offered the job before leaving the interview. However, not all the details were revised about the position I would be starting for.

Interview Question – All questions were the standard "give me an example of a time.." Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiations made. The company has a set hourly rate given to all new employees.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewitt Associates

Worked for Hewitt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewitt Associates interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hewitt Associates employees and interview candidates.