Heinz Interview Questions

3.1

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

4 round interview for Forecasting analyst based in Toronto;
    initial 45min telephone interview with HR,
    then face to face with direct manager,
     third with HR director,
    last one skype interview with director in USA

I stopped at telephone interview with HR. I wrote email and called several times to follow up. But there is no reply whatsoever.It is not very professional for a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. Go through CV, education, work experiences, career choice. A few technical questions about what kind of software I used. It took 45 min.   View Answer

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz.

I applied for the position through my university's career website and on the company website after meeting recruiters at my university's career fair. A few days later, I received an email asking for a phone interview, which went well, and was followed by a logic test and a personality test. The process was a bit time-consuming, but it went well, so I got an on-campus interview. The interview lasted over an hour, with mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, and more random questions towards the end. The second set of questions seemed to be based more on things I had said, so the questions were more unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • My impression is that the interviewers wanted to see how well you can respond to questions you aren't necessarily expecting, so be prepared to talk about yourself in more than just the typical behavioral question format.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz.

I had a call to make an appointment for phone screening interview after 2 days of my application. The recruiter asked basic questions on strengths, weakness, why Heinz and why you. The he also asked some administrative questions such as working permit, languages, etc.

The next day, I received the email saying that qualified candidates were chosen and not including me.

That 's my story.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

The assessment day was well-organised from company introduction, factory visit, presentation to final review of the candidates. We had a chance to meet the Europe President and other leaders of Heinz and talked to them face-to-face. It was fruitful and memorable.

Interview Questions
    • We were divided into groups and were given a case study. We were asked to discuss and came up with a solution to the case.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

I applied for the European Corporate Management Traineeship, but they asked me if I was interested in a Marketing Position. I said I was interested but it was very unclear if it was a job or an internship.
    I had a phone interview with the Marketing Manager. It was a pleasant conversation but the questions were extremely outdated, and just read from a script. Some questions are pretty vague as well. You have to make sure to answer the questions according to the STAR method and be very specific.

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting, first step of an online logic test, then moved on to the phone interview, then had two half-hour interviews on campus, and then the on-site interview is final before they make the final decision about who to hire. Interviewers were friendly and informative, and the questions were almost all behavioral. They also ask some questions just to get to know you as well! Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • None were very unexpected except for my favorite book recently.   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

For the first round, I had two half-hour behavioral interviews, one with the main talent recruiter, and another with an alumni of my college. They asked pretty standard questions like "Tell me what your greatest achievement so far is", "What is your greatest weakness?". Both my interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. I did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your analysis of a situation was wrong.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Heinz.

the interview was more focused on potential and aspirations and not so much on past achievements. very different than other companies that hire only experienced professionals. good for college graduates who,don't have experience yet.

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and very standard as if right from college book on what ideal candidate would be. Made me wonder if any people would really chose the obviously incorrect answer in the screening process - I at least chose the ones that would make me look like a great employee willing to work non - stop to get the job done.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeist (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeist (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

A recruiter from Heinz approached me via a website for students and young professionals. We planned a first interview with the team leader. The recruiter was also present during that interview. The interview lasted for about an hour and was mostly about my background, the company and the role. The interviewers have a clear view on what skills they expect from the candidate, and ask questions accordingly. Within a week the recruiter got in touch with me to plan a second interview, this time with the Global manager. This interview was planned to check whether I would be a suitable candidate for a permanent role after the internship (this was the overall goal for both parties). This interview also lasted for nearly an hour and was a good conversation about the role, the department and the company culture. About 1.5 weeks after this interview, I received a call from the recruiter that I got the position.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

Recruiter contacted me for marketing (brand management/other) opportunities at Heinz. I had an initial phone screen (30mins) + 1st onsite interview with HR Manager and someone from Marketing Dept (30mins each) + 2nd and final onsite interview with 3 Executives (45mins each). Overall the interview was well planned, Heinz employees were very professional and approachable and the interview was easy.They are looking for a culture fit, which is someone with ownership/entrepreneur attitude and skill sets. This goes with providing confidence in the interview that you will treat your brand as your own business and is ready to go over and beyond, work 60+ hrs per/week if needed to get the job done. It definitely seemed like they have an in and out policy. If you do well you are in for higher responsibilities - or you are shown the exit door. They were courteous enough to call me on my candidacy rejection. Irregardless of the negative reviews on glassdoor - after going through the interview process I have a positive outlook about Heinz and its employees. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • 1) Name other brands in the company besides Heinz ketchup? 2) Please describe a current product/brand marketing commercial besides Heinz that you like? What aspects of the campaign do you think worked well / did not work well? 3) Give me an example when you went over and above to complete a task.   View Answer