Heinz Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

3.1

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Toronto, ON) in July 2014.

Interview

4 round interview for Forecasting analyst based in Toronto;
    initial 45min telephone interview with HR,
    then face to face with direct manager,
     third with HR director,
    last one skype interview with director in USA

I stopped at telephone interview with HR. I wrote email and called several times to follow up. But there is no reply whatsoever.It is not very professional for a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview. Go through CV, education, work experiences, career choice. A few technical questions about what kind of software I used. It took 45 min.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR department and scheduled a phone interview with them.
    The phone interview was quite easy. It took less then 40 minutes.
    Several questions on previous experience and one last question was specifically about management experience.
    They asked me if I am willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership experience.
      Why management trainee program?

Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Easy phone interview by a recruiter. Completely scripted questions.
    2) Logic and Personality Test
    3) Skype interview with University Relations Specialist: solely behavioral. no discussion about resume. -What is your dream job? -When did you realize you were not average? -rate your excel proficiency and what was the most difficult excel function for you to learn? -why heinz? -what is your favorite Heinz product? -what business line are you most interested in?
    4) Skype interview with a program participant (paired with a person in your business line of interest): behavioral again. -What do you hope to accomplish before you graduate?
    5) On-site in Pittsburgh: 48 hours before the date, we were notified that we would give a presentation as a part of the interview process. 3 mins long answering -What have you achieved so far? -What are you doing now? -Why should Heinz hire you? accompanied by a PowerPoint Presentation. And we presented a group case study that is super easy. We gave the presentation to 3 recruiters, 3 executives (one is the CEO), and half of all the candidates.

Overall: All of the interviews are extremely easy. As long as you are prepared to answer behavioral questions and have researched the company, you should have a pretty easy time. For the on-site, it is difficult to assess how you are being evaluated. During the case study, the recruiters walked around and wrote notes under a person's picture (they have a clipboard with papers of all the candidates' pictures). Later, we gave the presentations and no follow-up questions are asked, so it seems we are assessed predominately on our presentations. It's cool that Bernardo watches our presentations, but it feels more "show-like" meaning it didn't seem he has any role in the hiring process and rather, he is just there to make us feel like we are cared about. Overall, the interview process is very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you admire?   Answer Question
    • "At Heinz, our top performers act like leaders." What does this quote mean to you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

The interview only lasted 10-15 minutes with the interviewer seeming to be rushed to complete the process. The initial phone screening was pretty standard; nothing difficult. When asked about the numerous bad reviews of the company, there was a long pause and the question was ignored.

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

4 interviews before hiring. The first three are telephone and are each accomplished by a different person from HR. The second interviewer rejected me for asking about what salary was offered. Said I should be more interested in what great opportunities heinz could offer.

Interview Questions

• When did you first know you were above average?   2 Answers
    • I asked about salary. She said it was highly inappropriate for me to ask that.   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

i applied online. had 2 phone/video interviews. the entire process took about a month; most of the questions were behavioral questions and some case questions on branding/P&L. Overall, it wasn't difficult; it's pretty much as expected fro other CPG companies. people I interviewed with were nice, and they were not trying to challenge you a lot or anything, rather they tried to understand your background and cultural it with a company

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard to the brand management roles. some of them:
      - example of a brand that effectively used consumer insights
      - what would you if your costs go up and you have to meet the margin targets
      - bunch of behavioral questions (leadership example etc)

Answer Question

Interview

I got a email for the recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview for the first round .. which went well & progresses to second round . Second round consisted to two in-person interviews but senior recruiters who were likely looking for a fit with the company. I got the final decision in about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to demonstrate a situation where I did not succeed at the first try ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

3 interviews over the course of 2 months. 1st initial interview was over the phone, the next 2 were on site with 3 management team members. Several of the team members were recently graduated students who seem to struggle with industry terminology, S & OP terms, general understanding of the Consumer packaged goods business.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired but another employee was found internally that better suits the position would you be reassigned without any hostility towards the management group.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

There are various levels of interviews. I had a phone interview first, and then two consecutive Skype interviews. I was told that if I made it beyond that point there would be a group interview and another individual interview. The phone interview asked mainly typical questions. The guy that interviewed me was kind of rude to me about some of my answers/the place I go to college. The Skype interviews went very well and took about 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer asked me to give specific examples of a time I used/expereinced analytics, marketing, and sales.   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Interview

Took 3-4 months - was referred by a previous engineer. No phone interview. Just had one on site interview. Mostly personality questions, and what would you do questions. The interview lasted about 3 hours in total though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations