Heinz Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

4 round interview for Forecasting analyst based in Toronto;
    initial 45min telephone interview with HR,
    then face to face with direct manager,
     third with HR director,
    last one skype interview with director in USA

I stopped at telephone interview with HR. I wrote email and called several times to follow up. But there is no reply whatsoever.It is not very professional for a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. Go through CV, education, work experiences, career choice. A few technical questions about what kind of software I used. It took 45 min.   View Answer

Graduate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Heinz in April 2014.

Several stages, including an online application, phone interview, online tests, skype interview and assessment center. The interviews consisted of competency questions. More or less the usual situation based question. I would think about all kind of different situations beforehand as I think you you are being ranked according to the answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you realize that you were above average?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation when you had to solve a difficult problem. What was it and how did you solve it.   View Answer

Financial Analyst - Trade Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Zeist (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Zeist (Netherlands)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Heinz in July 2013.

After the initial assessment of the CV, an assessment test was required to take. After successful completion of the assessment, I got an invitation for an interview. Three interviewers (HR, Finance Lead, Manager of Project), all looked really friendly, however, the interview process was not really clear of what they were looking for in an employee...

Interview Questions
    • How do you know that Heinz is giving value to its people?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Warrendale, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, and they quickly set up an interview for me with Heinz. At Heinz, I interviewed with a woman from HR and then a director in the department where they were hiring for the position. I spoke to each of them for about 30 minutes. They were both very nice to me. My only complaint is that I was rushed out of the conference room when someone needed to use it. I guess they removed all of their offices and replaced them with long computer tables so everyone can work together. I was interviewing in one of the few private rooms, so I needed to go. This happened when it was my turn to ask them any questions that I had. However, it felt awkward to walk and ask questions at the same time, so I decided to only ask a couple of questions. I am assuming I did not get the position, although I never actually received a rejection letter.

On a side note, they did not tell me what pay to expect or what exactly the job would entail. I pretty much had to rely on the recruiters to tell me everything, but it seemed Heinz was vague with them as well. I ended up finding a really old job posting on Indeed from Heinz that finally gave me some concrete details about the person they wanted to hire. Without that, I would have been very unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions listed from the paper that they have in front of them. They are pretty basic behavioral interview questions, but they did seem to emphasize questions that deal with their new culture. (For example, "How has meritocracy benefited you in your life so far?" or "Tell me about a time where you've shown leadership.")   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Heinz.

the interview was more focused on potential and aspirations and not so much on past achievements. very different than other companies that hire only experienced professionals. good for college graduates who,don't have experience yet.

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and very standard as if right from college book on what ideal candidate would be. Made me wonder if any people would really chose the obviously incorrect answer in the screening process - I at least chose the ones that would make me look like a great employee willing to work non - stop to get the job done.   Answer Question

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Heinz in April 2014.

Phone Interview was the 2nd step of the process, recruiter called me and in 10 min she asked 10 questions. If you cant answer she immediately passes to the next, i was so much excited and could not answer 1 of them

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not hard, leadership, defects, strengths   Answer Question

Cost Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in February 2014.

Applied online and finally received an email exactly 4 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Did a phone interview with the regional controller in Pittsburgh about a week later. Then scheduled for an in-person interview one week after that. The day before my in-person interview I received an EMAIL saying the position was being recalled and they would not be doing any interviews. Then the morning after my cancelled interview, I got another email asking if I could go in to interview THAT DAY! I called my husband home from work to watch our toddler so I could drop everything and go in to interview. Met with the plant manager for about 20 minutes and then with the HR rep for about 30 minutes and told I would hear back from her. It is now almost 5 months later and I haven't heard back yes, no, or otherwise. One of the most unprofessional interview processes I've been through.

Interview Questions
    • Will the smell bother you [since it's a food manufacturing plant]?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Ontario, OR (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

Had a great phone interview with recruiter. Made me feel like I had the job. He set up an interview with the Human Resources Director a week later. Recruiter even told me, "No need to sell yourself". Interview went well and I tried to follow up several times but never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly behavioral type questions. The standard, "describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Heinz in November 2013.

I was contacted via phone from an internal recruiter that asked a few basic questions. Several weeks later I had phone conversation with a manager in the Finance Department that lasted about half an hour. That was more of a conversation, get to know the company, sort of thing, not an interview per se. About 2 weeks later I was scheduled for an interview. The email was a little weird being that it said "Get excited and be confident... You are a finalist!" even though this was my first "official" contact. The first part of the interview process I sat in a room with 5 other candidates and watched a recorded presentation from the CEO (Bernardo Hees) and the HR person went through some history of Heinz and of 3G capital (which bought Heinz). We were asked to take turns telling a little bit about ourselves and what we thought about Heinz. Then we were split up to “round-robin” style interviews. Every candidate met with 4 panelists, with each individual session lasting 30 minutes in length. I believe interviewers stayed put and interviewees were lead from conference room to conference room to meet. After the 4 interviews, I was led to the elevators and out of the building.

About a week later I was contacted for a 2nd round with the Director of Finance. We sat down for about a half hour. There were pretty much standard interview questions. There was a lot of emphasis on performance and forecast accuracy - He wasn't happy with the accuracy of Heinz' forecasts and wanted to know how I would go about improving it.

Perceptions: Most of the people I interviewed with stressed how performance based everything was and how everything was meritocracy based. The initial phone conversation I had, the person told me (at least for his department) everyone was expected to work long hours, late (8pm+) every evening, and that people that left before 6:30 weren't going anywhere within the company. Several of the interviewers had multiple positions in the last year - indicating to me that there are still a lot of changes going on within the company (they laid off 600 people in Aug 2013).

It seems like the work/life balance is heavily tilted toward the work side of the scale. The HR person that lead me around to the interviews felt she was doing the work of at least 3 people, but seemed to think that would end at some point.

The office plan is very, very open. The center of the building has the elevators and conference rooms. The entire periphery (other than some conference rooms in the corners) is open with table set up with 4 persons at each, 2 on each side with computers. This leads to spectacular views of the city as they are on several 30th+ floors and the exterior walls are all glass (they are in the PPG building), but does mean NO privacy. (I've talked with someone after my interview that joined my current employer and you get one personal item at your workstation).

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz.

Recruiter contacted me for marketing (brand management/other) opportunities at Heinz. I had an initial phone screen (30mins) + 1st onsite interview with HR Manager and someone from Marketing Dept (30mins each) + 2nd and final onsite interview with 3 Executives (45mins each). Overall the interview was well planned, Heinz employees were very professional and approachable and the interview was easy.They are looking for a culture fit, which is someone with ownership/entrepreneur attitude and skill sets. This goes with providing confidence in the interview that you will treat your brand as your own business and is ready to go over and beyond, work 60+ hrs per/week if needed to get the job done. It definitely seemed like they have an in and out policy. If you do well you are in for higher responsibilities - or you are shown the exit door. They were courteous enough to call me on my candidacy rejection. Irregardless of the negative reviews on glassdoor - after going through the interview process I have a positive outlook about Heinz and its employees. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • 1) Name other brands in the company besides Heinz ketchup? 2) Please describe a current product/brand marketing commercial besides Heinz that you like? What aspects of the campaign do you think worked well / did not work well? 3) Give me an example when you went over and above to complete a task.   View Answer

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!