Hasbro

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Pawtucket, RI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details Hasbro is a great, even iconic company, but the interview process was anything but. I was contacted by a recruiter regarding interest in my background and the process then took over four months. Worst of all, even after countless interviews and traveling to Pawtucket for an interview, I never actually got a response regarding the outcome let alone feedback about their decision process.

As for the interview itself, it took place at their headquarters in Pawtucket. I interviewed with three individuals. The questions were pretty standard, but two of the interviewers were incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Perhaps the company is just disjointed (a mess is probably more accurate), but for such a major company and one with great successes, it was surprisingly bad on almost all accounts.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hasbro in September 2013.

Interview Details You will do great if practice your capabilities and show confidence

Interview Question – Why we should not hire you?   Answer Question

Magic Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details Phone interview

Interview Question – Name your favorite licensing pair   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Visual Designer

Interviewed at Hasbro

Interview Details very thorough. they ask pointed questions about your work history and take and honest interest in what you've done previously.

Interview Question – they asked me, "why hasbro, as opposed to any other technology or entertainment company i've worked for before?" it was a great question that allowed me to explain in detail the difference between the culture they had to offer as opposed to other ones i've been a part of before.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Product Designer
Pawtucket, RI (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details Multiple phone interviews, a skills test, group interview all along treated like royalty.

Interview Question – "Why is your portfolio so bad?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate as much as you can because longevity is unlikely at Hasbro. Get it while you can.

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Providence, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hasbro in April 2013.

Interview Details Met with HR through a family friend, applied to the job, then contacted by specific department for an interview

Interview Question – Interviewer gave me an old toy and told me to create 10 different toy names and come up with a short biography about toy based on a few characteristics given about the toy.   Answer Question

Electrical Intern Interview

Troy, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in May 2012.

Interview Details The guy interviewed me in the afternoon. I could see him exhausted and his face was in red. No interests in asking questions at all, he just wanted to leave. I would not apply for the position again.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hasbro.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter for a marketing position. After her initial contact she was very difficult to get a hold of, and would rarely return my calls and voicemails. After my in person interviews with the team, I did not receive any feedback on why I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Question – Interview questions were fairly standard   Answer Question

Project Engineering Co-Op Interview

Project Engineering Co-Op
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hasbro in March 2011.

Interview Details After applying for the position through my school job listing database, I was contacted by an HR representative to set up an on-campus interview. I was given a choice of multiple times on a specific day. I was interviewed by two full-time project engineers, each from a different team. The interview was conversational. Not much emphasis was placed on technical skills as was my ability to carry out responsibilities successfully. One of the interviewers was the person who hired me and became my supervisor. HR contacted me the day after my interview and gave me the weekend to make my decision.

Interview Question – What is your favorite part about school at this point?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations since this was a 6-month coop position.

Brand Writing Intern Interview

Providence, RI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hasbro in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, then contacted by Human Resources

Interview Question – None, all were straight forward and expected   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hasbro

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hasbro interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hasbro employees and interview candidates.