Halliburton

Getting the Interview

312 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Interview Question – What would be the kind of job that you do not want?   Answer Question

Operation Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Got an on-campus interview. It was an one-one behavioral based interview. Somehow the questions were hard. For example: give an example of the things that you learnt quickly and the things which took longer to learn in your past positions.
They required Driving Licence- Class 5 and being able to do physical works.

Interview Question – Tell me about an objective which you were asked to achieve, but it was unreasonable in your view.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details The interview itself seemed difficult, they asked questions that did not seem to matter. They did not ask about skills or qualifications, mostly personal situations.

Interview Question – Asked about dealing with other "backrounds"   Answer Question

MWD/LWD Field Engineer Interview

MWD/LWD Field Engineer
Nisku, AB

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in December 2009.

Interview Details I was brought into the office for an interview when I was dropping off my application. I was asked some questions about my motivation for the position and my skills. I was told they were only hiring contractors at the time, but HR would instruct me how to set up my own corporation and the type of insurance I'd need.

Interview Question – It wasn't particularly difficult at all, but I already had oilfield experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was in a motor vehicle accident shortly after the interview, so I couldn't dedicate the time out of town and thus didn't bother setting up the corporation.

Very Easy Interview

MWD Engineer Interview

MWD Engineer
Nisku, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

Interview Details One on one interview where the employer asked for my resume .told me about the job position and showed me the working environment . Interviewer asked if I was comfortable with such environment .interviewer offered me the job right on the spot and asked me to think about it and call him back to let him know my decision.

Interview Question – Can you work in a harsh environment (hot /cold) where you will be away for weeks or months at a time ?   View Answer

Drilling Consultant Interview

Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2011.

Interview Details Invited for a phone interview.
Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and about past experience.

Interview Questions

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Homer City, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details The initial interview was conducted at my university. It was a typical HR interview. I was called for a second interview which took place at one of their field offices. We were treated to breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2 day period where we were shown all aspects of the job for either a frack or cementing position. The process was laid back. They frequently prompted us to ask questions about everything they showed us. You seem to be evaluated constantly during the trip with a 3 member panel interview at the end where they just ask basic questions about your resume.

Interview Question – The questions asked during the HR interview were basic "Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it" "give me a good decision and bad decision you made   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Initially performed an an-campus interview. One week later, I received an email telling me I was selected for a second round. Second round interview was a two-day process. The first day began at 2:30 pm and consisted of company presentations and dinner. The second day, we went out to see a frac job and wireline & perforation. Then we were shown the frac lab and cement lab. The day ended with a one-on-one interview where they look over your resume and transcript.

Global Psl Coordinator (Finance) Intern Interview

Conroe, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

Interview Details I had 1 phone detailed phone interview regarding my coursework related to my major - Economics. It was 40 minutes long. I was detailed about my projects in my courses in the past and present which were related to the position. Since it was a financial analysis background, i specified more about statistical analysis classes and their related projects. I was asked about my involvement on campus and I mentioned the student organizations I have been a part of. I had worked on-campus as an office assistant and in an insurance agency in the past. Even though these 2 office environments where not similar to the above position, I formed the answers suitable for it.

Interview Question – What were the projects you handled in Econometrics and Forecasting class? How did they enhance your analysis skill?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 312 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.