Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Operator Assistant Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Halliburton.

I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
    The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Engineer Interview

I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Operation Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Got an on-campus interview. It was an one-one behavioral based interview. Somehow the questions were hard. For example: give an example of the things that you learnt quickly and the things which took longer to learn in your past positions.
    They required Driving Licence- Class 5 and being able to do physical works.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an objective which you were asked to achieve, but it was unreasonable in your view.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

The interview itself seemed difficult, they asked questions that did not seem to matter. They did not ask about skills or qualifications, mostly personal situations.

MWD/LWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nisku, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in December 2009.

I was brought into the office for an interview when I was dropping off my application. I was asked some questions about my motivation for the position and my skills. I was told they were only hiring contractors at the time, but HR would instruct me how to set up my own corporation and the type of insurance I'd need.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't particularly difficult at all, but I already had oilfield experience.   Answer Question

I was in a motor vehicle accident shortly after the interview, so I couldn't dedicate the time out of town and thus didn't bother setting up the corporation.

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nisku, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

One on one interview where the employer asked for my resume .told me about the job position and showed me the working environment . Interviewer asked if I was comfortable with such environment .interviewer offered me the job right on the spot and asked me to think about it and call him back to let him know my decision.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in a harsh environment (hot /cold) where you will be away for weeks or months at a time ?   View Answer

DRILLING CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2011.

Invited for a phone interview.
    Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and about past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • What factors to consider in pipe design?   View Answer

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2012.

first i went to Iq test then followed by phone interview. she asked me about my skills why they have to hire me?
    what are your hoppy ?

you can find what kind of questions you should expect if you search online. But realize that these should only be considered as guidelines.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Half-day Assessment Center, 2 interviews one to one and two to one, one group activity and one presentation on any topic, they just want to see how you carry yourself when facing public, so keep calm and present)

Interview Questions
    • I would say it should be the case study, it is barely possible to solve it. So don't be too worry about the result, focus on how to approach the problem   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

On Campus Interview with the main recruiter. Lasted about one hour. Heard back within one week. Had two weeks to accept. Great experience, challenging and rewarding. Overall enjoyed my time there.

Interview Questions

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!