Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
337 interviews

2.6

Operator Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Halliburton.

I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
    The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Engineer Interview

I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Operation Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Got an on-campus interview. It was an one-one behavioral based interview. Somehow the questions were hard. For example: give an example of the things that you learnt quickly and the things which took longer to learn in your past positions.
    They required Driving Licence- Class 5 and being able to do physical works.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an objective which you were asked to achieve, but it was unreasonable in your view.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

The interview itself seemed difficult, they asked questions that did not seem to matter. They did not ask about skills or qualifications, mostly personal situations.

MWD/LWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nisku, AB
    Anonymous Employee in Nisku, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in December 2009.

I was brought into the office for an interview when I was dropping off my application. I was asked some questions about my motivation for the position and my skills. I was told they were only hiring contractors at the time, but HR would instruct me how to set up my own corporation and the type of insurance I'd need.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't particularly difficult at all, but I already had oilfield experience.   Answer Question

I was in a motor vehicle accident shortly after the interview, so I couldn't dedicate the time out of town and thus didn't bother setting up the corporation.

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nisku, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

One on one interview where the employer asked for my resume .told me about the job position and showed me the working environment . Interviewer asked if I was comfortable with such environment .interviewer offered me the job right on the spot and asked me to think about it and call him back to let him know my decision.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in a harsh environment (hot /cold) where you will be away for weeks or months at a time ?   View Answer

DRILLING CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2011.

Invited for a phone interview.
    Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and about past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • What factors to consider in pipe design?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Associate Consultant/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Started off with a comprehensive presentation on the company and its various product lines; quick, but detailed interview; specific and to the point; discussion on internship project ideas and tasks; focused on both student's and employer's expectations from the internship program

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations, especially if somebody is a fresh graduate and is looking for a head-start in the industry   Answer Question

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!