Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct, 2014
Updated 27 Oct, 2014

2.6

Operator Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halliburton.

I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
    The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Engineer Interview

I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Operation Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Got an on-campus interview. It was an one-one behavioral based interview. Somehow the questions were hard. For example: give an example of the things that you learnt quickly and the things which took longer to learn in your past positions.
    They required Driving Licence- Class 5 and being able to do physical works.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an objective which you were asked to achieve, but it was unreasonable in your view.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

The interview itself seemed difficult, they asked questions that did not seem to matter. They did not ask about skills or qualifications, mostly personal situations.

DRILLING CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in January 2011.

Invited for a phone interview.
    Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and about past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question
    • What factors to consider in pipe design?   View Answer

MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB

The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

One on one interview where the employer asked for my resume .told me about the job position and showed me the working environment . Interviewer asked if I was comfortable with such environment .interviewer offered me the job right on the spot and asked me to think about it and call him back to let him know my decision.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work in a harsh environment (hot /cold) where you will be away for weeks or months at a time ?   View Answer

MWD/LWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in December 2009.

I was brought into the office for an interview when I was dropping off my application. I was asked some questions about my motivation for the position and my skills. I was told they were only hiring contractors at the time, but HR would instruct me how to set up my own corporation and the type of insurance I'd need.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't particularly difficult at all, but I already had oilfield experience.   Answer Question

I was in a motor vehicle accident shortly after the interview, so I couldn't dedicate the time out of town and thus didn't bother setting up the corporation.

Field Engineer - Cementing Interview

Unfortunately there is not much I can offer here. I had an internship and received an offer from that. All I would say is stress safety culture. Halliburton is big into safety. Show how you have been safe. Also show how you have successfully worked with people that are completely different from you. That would definitely make you stand out. You could mention how you like to get out doors and get your hands dirty. Those are all descriptive of a Halliburton Engineer.

There is no negotiating as far as I know.

Engineer Interview

Phone interview consisted of basic engineering questions. Called for in-person interview, consisted of a panel of current engineers asking creativity questions. In-person interview was long and lasted all day and a tour of the entire facility.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part were the unexpected engineering questions over the phone.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online from my university's career website. Halliburton provided an information session the night before the interview. The hiring process consists of two interviews. The first interview involves standard behavioral-type questions with an engineer in any of Halliburton's service sectors. The second interview involves interviewing with an engineer in the service sector you wish to be apart of.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when, as part of a team, you had conflicting ideas/opinions with another team member. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question