Halliburton

333 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Assistant Interview

Operator Assistant

I applied in-person and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details I had several one on one interviews. Overall the people were welcoming and nice, they just want to have an idea about who you are, what you know and what are you expectations from the job you are applying for.

Interview Question – What would be the kind of job that you do not want?   Answer Question

Operation Assistant Interview

Operation Assistant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Got an on-campus interview. It was an one-one behavioral based interview. Somehow the questions were hard. For example: give an example of the things that you learnt quickly and the things which took longer to learn in your past positions.
They required Driving Licence- Class 5 and being able to do physical works.

Interview Question – Tell me about an objective which you were asked to achieve, but it was unreasonable in your view.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

Document Control

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details The interview itself seemed difficult, they asked questions that did not seem to matter. They did not ask about skills or qualifications, mostly personal situations.

Interview Question – Asked about dealing with other "backrounds"   Answer Question

MWD/LWD Field Engineer Interview

MWD/LWD Field Engineer
Nisku, AB

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in December 2009.

Interview Details I was brought into the office for an interview when I was dropping off my application. I was asked some questions about my motivation for the position and my skills. I was told they were only hiring contractors at the time, but HR would instruct me how to set up my own corporation and the type of insurance I'd need.

Interview Question – It wasn't particularly difficult at all, but I already had oilfield experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was in a motor vehicle accident shortly after the interview, so I couldn't dedicate the time out of town and thus didn't bother setting up the corporation.

Very Easy Interview

MWD Engineer Interview

MWD Engineer
Nisku, AB

The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2010.

Interview Details One on one interview where the employer asked for my resume .told me about the job position and showed me the working environment . Interviewer asked if I was comfortable with such environment .interviewer offered me the job right on the spot and asked me to think about it and call him back to let him know my decision.

Interview Question – Can you work in a harsh environment (hot /cold) where you will be away for weeks or months at a time ?   View Answer

DRILLING CONSULTANT Interview

DRILLING CONSULTANT
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2011.

Interview Details Invited for a phone interview.
Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and about past experience.

Interview Questions

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Question – "Why service company and not operator? "
Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
  Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Exton, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

Interview Details It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low
Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!