Habitat for Humanity

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Resource Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Reason for Declining – Money

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and then phone interview with Volunteer Coordinator. Met with head of department and potential supervisors. It's non-profit culture seemed very relaxed but somewhat disorganized.

Web Content Editor Interview

Interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview Details The interview process took a while. I applied for the job online and then didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of months. After that, though, things moved pretty quickly. I interviewed with 5 people, I think -- the communications director, a few editors, and the web developers.

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but they said my number wasn't in the budget. For a nonprofit organization, though, they paid a competitive salary.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lorain, OH (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was through Mature Services. It was comprehensive as to my employment experience, my expectations for employment, and how I would be assisted in future employment opportunities with Mature Services and For Profit organizations.

Interview Question – There were none per se, but I did feel that I would like to stay with the Not For Profit organizational opportunities available. At my age I do not really want to be employed in other venues.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process, it's pretty cut and dried considering the services they offer for mature workers. I did ask for part-time which they were able to accommodate.

Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview Details The interview was brief and in person.

Interview Question – The interviewer kept to standard interview questions regarding my competencies and job responsibilities. Nothing our of the ordinary was discussed.   Answer Question

Construction Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details I had two interviews both with several interviewers asking questions. Members of the board of directors, executive director, and construction committee members were all there.

Interview Question – How would you conduct a days work with 30 volunteers, what would that day look like if your were framing/or painting/or interior work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, thought for a non profit you would take what they offered. However, if I were to do it again I would negotiate and show them that your skill level will save them money.

Development Associate Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2009.

Interview Details Position posted online, but not on organization website. Submitted resume and references which generated a response via telephone. A brief telephone interview was conducted, followed by reference checks. Face-to-face interview was held a few weeks later. Offer made within a couple of days and was contingent on clean background check.

Interview Question – I do not recall any questions as being odd, unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a salary range and offered a beginning salary at the lowest. I di not negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in August 2010.

Interview Details Initial phone screen with HR before brought into the office for interviews. Almost solid 8 hours of interviews (with a break at lunch time) with various staff (potential coworkers, hiring manager, manager's manager). I was an internal candidate so I knew everyone interviewing me, but was put through the same hiring process as external candidates.

Interview Question – How does your degree (BA in English) apply to this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview Details Conducted completely over phone interviews due to distance. First interview asked questions about my experience and a few personal questions. A few emails asking for more of my portfolio. A second interview was conducted with more leadership members present.

Interview Question – Tell us a little about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase - stipend position

Paralegal Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and immediately was called and had a phone interview with a member of HR. Basic questions (why do you want this job? what are you doing now?) Was called back days later and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with three different attorneys. I thought the interviews went quite well, and was in the main office for over three hours. I followed up with the HR contact every other week for about a month and a half. Was given cursory responses. After about three months (and me finally just giving up on the job) I was told the company had decided not to hire anyone for the position. I guess business is business but it would have been nice to have been at least given a "thank you for your time and interest."

Interview Question – Are you comfortable working in a Christian based workplace?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Habitat for Humanity interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Habitat for Humanity employees and interview candidates.