Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
34 interviews

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2014.

applying resume by online, 2 times interviews in a week. las result will get in a month. no salary negotiation. if you want to know, you have to ask first

Interview Questions
    • talking about future strategy for NGOs   View Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2010.

Interviewed by members of the Board of Directors. They were more concerned about my experience and did not do a great job of explain the role and job description. Only later was this explained by the fact that the B.O.D. was really not involved in the day to day of the affiliate. As such the affiliate was in disarray but this only became evident after being hired.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that caught me off guard or were unexpected.   Answer Question
    The salary offered was above average for a non-profit.

Head Cashier/Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in January 2011.

i volunteered there for 7 months prior to employment, I was offered the job based on my work ethic and the love of the mission..Habitat for Humanity hired me , I was elated, then administration hired someone who destroyed the whole atmosphere of a great lace to be involved with.

Interview Questions
    • would I settle for the small pay scale?   View Answer
    resonable

ReStore Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Questions
    Worked mainly with the Restore director

Specialist- Volunteer Operations Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2014.

I applied a week ago and received a phone call from the hiring department. She was very nice and wanted to go over a few questions with me. The phone interview was formal with a casual tone. I was asked about my abilities, experience, and what I would be expected to add to the organization. From there we went over my salary expectations, and benefits package. We went over my availability and am expected to hear from them in the next few days about a possible second interview, in person, with the youth departments hiring person.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. Just know what you bring to the table and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Tuesday | Thursday | Saturday Assist the Carpenter Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in September 2013.

We were invited to the local sponsoring church for breakfast to hear Habitat For Humanity presentation. Rockford community will be building three new homes. Some interesting highlights are it's the 22nd year building homes for community over 100 homes already completed. 85% of them are occupied by the original homebuyer. 7% mortgages have been paid off. 5 homes sold on the open market. 2 more will be paid off in 2014 and 5 foreclosures in 22 years. Average annual income is $30,100.00, average credit score is 626, anticipated mortgage $490.00

Interview Questions
    • Stand up at your table, introduce yourself and describe what talents you will bring to the home site   View Answer

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Resource Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Money

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!