Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015
Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.5

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

job was posted on kijiji, application process to time of call for interview was at least 2 weeks, interviewed before Christmas holidays and wasy noit hired on until early January, was pretty painless after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not try to negotiate, in future i would or would recommend you to

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with Habitat for a marketing director position. The human resources rep with whom I spoke was very good. He described the position and was willing to talk about the culture. He asked standard questions for a phone screen style interview, including what I already knew about Habitat for Humanity. Also asked about why I'm thinking of leaving my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my strengths and for an example of where I applied that strength.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day. Called back the next day had a 15 minute interview. Pay was well below average even for a non profit. I read the over reviews and they are accurate.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Aurora, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was initially called and he wanted to do a phone interview. I had time when he called, but that didn't give me any time to prep. I was asked to come in two days late for an interview with the general manager. I got there 10-15 min early (seemed like I was inconveniencing him by being early) we did the interview. And even though I was told and the posting said it was a full time position, the manager said it was part time. He also made me full or the application again.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

I had applied via the career services department at my university, where they did the first round of interviewing. The people who made it to the second round were then interviewed by Habitat for Humanity directors at their offices. They were really good at communicating with me before my interview. When I arrived and got settled into the meeting room, everything went smoothly. They're really nice and willing to answer any of your questions.

Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dade City, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local job fair. Was given an on the spot interview. The interview was brief and the person interviewing me told me they'd give me a call in a week or so. Two weeks go by and then I'm finally called back and given the first of two interviews. I was asked typical questions about my background and driving record. Told them everything was clean. The person interviewing me seemed impressed and said they'd call me soon about a second interview. Another two weeks go by and I'm called again for the second interview. This time I'm interviewed by a different manager. I'm pretty much asked the same questions all over again. Strangely I'm also asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the job I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about experience that was irrelevant to the said job I had applied for.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

ReStore Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked mainly with the Restore director

AmeriCorps VISTA ReStore Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I was contacted for an interview and within a week, I had Skyped with two employees and was offered the position. This was several months after applying though. The Skype interview was casual and more conversational. They were very friendly and the questions were relatively predictable.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple projects at once?   1 Answer

Video Editor Interview

Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.