HSBC Holdings

Updated 16 Dec, 2014
Updated 16 Dec, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

Assessment Centre - Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2014.

Standard process for Investment Banking application. First apply online and then you may be invited to an assessment centre which consists of:
    Numerical Test
    1 Motivational Interview
    2 Business Interviews
    1 Case study presentation

Generally, there are around 15 candidate at the assessment centre, and I have been told by HR that they run just 1 AC per desk. Successful candidate are around 25% of AC candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the Case study. Very commercial-oriented and not so finance-oriented.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2014.

Simple but long and tedious process - after submitting the application you get an invite to complete a numerical online test. After passing this, you have to complete an additional logical online test. Then I had a telephone interview which was easy enough, they mainly asked me the standard questions such as Why HSBC, why this program etc. After that, you have to do yet another online Situation Judgement test, and you may or may not get invited to a face-to face interview afterwards (I wasn't), or just get the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The interviewer was quite nice, she asked about the experiences on my CV, and why i wanted the job ect, basically routine questions. the process lasted about half an hour.

Manager Marketing Strategy Interview

Very random process, felt disorganised and whimsical . 52 page PowerPoint deck to review, then structured questions.Very random process, felt disorganised and whimsical . 52 page PowerPoint deck to review, then structured questions.Very random process, felt disorganised and whimsical . 52 page PowerPoint deck to review, then structured questions.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

The application was reasonably straight forward. However the phone interview was obviously subcontracted and the women was sat with a tick box. No ability to form a relationship. It was very dry and probing questions made little sense as she was reading from a script.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you adhered to protocol and evaluated risk   Answer Question