HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview was very straight forward. Apart from the generic questions, it was the technical round which was slightly difficult. However, It was not an extremely difficult task as I have been in the industry for quite some time.

Summer Analyst, Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

AC at HQ:
    1. Numerical test first, those who didn't meet the cut off were asked to leave (just after finishing the compensation form)
    2. Motivational interview: standard, there were people asked to leave after this too.
    3. Group discussion (case study): easy compared with other banks. A few were asked to leave after this.
    4. Technical interview: pretty fun, they adjust the questions to your qualifications.
    5. Competency interview: quite lengthy.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Well organised/communicated. All done via secure email. Directions/location/timing communicated clearly. Temp pass given on arrival. First level interview could be either 1:1 or panel. The hiring is process slightly longer I believe as I only went for the first level interview and waiting for the feedback.

Bdp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2014.

Scheduled video interview with a third party outsourcing HR. Why HSBC? Why this position? Career Plan? How do you deal with time conflicts? What do you work with stranger? What's your opinion about relocation? How much do you know about this position? Questions are not that tough. Good preparation should be fine.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied on-line. Took numerical test. A month later I was invited for a telephone interview which was standard competency based. After that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The AC:
    About 8 candidates. we took the numerical test again, and then had about 20 minutes to study a business case, which we had to present our opinions on to an employee. you have 4 interviews which candidates rotate between (analyst (competency), a line manager (technical), another manager (competency), and a HR guy (case study presentation))
    Very friendly and professional in general.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain about products offered by the division applied to   Answer Question