HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Interview Questions
    • The fundamental drive of emerging countries   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

The process took me 3 weeks
    Applied online
    Online Test
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment center (numerical test on the day, 2 business interview+ 1 competency interview + 1 presentation) I found it quite straightforward. Most questions are based on my CV. Do prepare something about emerging markets.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really difficult. But the preparation time for the presentation is a bit tight, make sure you do it quick   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2013.

if you have some referred for you, then the next step is that they are going to contact you, then you will get an interview, then you will be able to meet team leader. they will usually ask your work experiences and of course you gotta be fluent in english speaking

if you submit your resume to them, you should wait, someone will contact you, then you will have a test, just like norm written test, then you will havw 2 to 4 rounds interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me what HSBC do, what is the difference between HSBC and other banks   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!