HSBC Holdings

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.9

Retail Banking Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

This was my first telephone interview with HSBC, it materialized after having passed the numerical reasoning and the logic test. They came back to me rather quickly after having done the online tests which is a massive bonus, some companies don't get back to you for a good 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • It is a very easy and straightforward interview, they ask you about your motivations, what difficulties you are expecting, and what you can bring to the table   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Exotic Trading Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 rounds.
    First round: I have met 2 guys lasting 2 hours: one IT (45mn) then one Trader (1h15).
    Second round (1week later): I have meet the 2 same guys and their managing director

Interview Questions
    • If you are long Best Of. Are you short or long correl?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

There was a brief phone call then the next step was a panel interview. The phone call was easy and the interviewer was very friendly and personable. When I went to the HSBC offices for the second interview, there was a panel of 3 people. Afterwards, I spoke with current participants in the development program. They were all very nice.

SummerResearch Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Standard competency based questions. Why HSBC? Why this particular division? Teamwork example. A bit on previous work experience. The question I liked least was: Give an example of a time you stood up for what you believe in and encouraged others to stand up as well - it's good to have an example in advance.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you stood up for what you believe in and encouraged others to stand up as well.   Answer Question

Summer Work Experience Interview

You apply through like the normal HSBC platform and then you submit your CV so that you wait for the HR to respond to you. Then I think it is around 1 to 2 weeks later. The HR will contact you to arrange a telephone interview with you. and because of the time difference, it was really early in the morning for me and the interview went pretty smoothly.