HSBC Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Interview Question – The fundamental drive of emerging countries   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
London, ON

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Interview Details Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Question – What makes people tick ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details 2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Question – How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Commercial Banking Associate
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Interview Details Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to this job?   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Interview Details Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

Associate, Global Markets Interview

Associate, Global Markets
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2014.

Interview Details I interviewed in London (UK) and was asked:

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire Online Numerical reasoning Aptitude tests Interviews Assessment Day (including open ended case study).

Prepare before hand if your not familiar with online assessment tests for aptitude and verbal reasoning, they are difficult. Personally i did use (the ultimate career interview) app from App Store.

Interview Question – The Global Markets Director asked a variety of of questions about expected "best in class" margins for their line of business and seemed to expect detailed knowledge in this area even though this level of inside knowledge was not mentioned as a prerequisite and did not appear particularly relevant in the job description provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry Level Contract.

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Global Banking and Marketing
Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Question – Need to know about the banking terms.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2010.

Interview Details Applied online.... got phone call.....went to interview....... got job. It's basic customer service that situational questions. Nothing to be scared about. The company had a great bonus structure.... but changed when the company changed the bonuses changed drastically.

Negotiation Details – straight forward.... hourly

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details Applied online through a my college career page and was called back for an interview about 2 months later out of the blue for a part time school year internship

Interview Question – Very simple interview, just asked how many hours I can work and tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. Overall it was nothing over ally intense or difficult.   Answer Question

HSBC Operational Leadership Graduate Programmer Interview

HSBC Operational Leadership Graduate Programmer

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

Interview Details filling in the application, one numerical test followed by a phone interview and a whole-day AC. questions were very straightforward, following the competencies published on their website. not much technical knowledge required, the interviewer spent 80% of time focusing on competency-based questions e.g. name the time you had a disagreement with someone from your team, how did you resolve it and what did you learn from it, so quite predictable.AC was trickier, as it involves a written report, an exercise in role-playing, group exercise and a final one-to-one interview.

Interview Question – How do you think your acquired skills will benefit HSBC?   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!