HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014
Updated 25 Sep, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Interview Questions
    • The fundamental drive of emerging countries   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied online through a my college career page and was called back for an interview about 2 months later out of the blue for a part time school year internship

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview, just asked how many hours I can work and tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. Overall it was nothing over ally intense or difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!