HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct, 2014
Updated 9 Oct, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

First apply through the online application system, then you will receive link in the email for online aptitude test, after passing the test you will be available to schedule phone interview, the final round of interview is in local assessment center

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 interviews, 1 with the team member and another one with the management + HR. The first one mainly assessing if you're a good fit for the team. The second one is more about career aspirations and administrative stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How many cows are there in New Zealand?   View Answer

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in October 2011.

Online application, followed by phone interview, and a panel interview. They're looking for candidates with sales experience as you will be responsible to meet with clients and land deals.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Numerical and verbal reasoning online tests, phone interview, assessment day

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2009.

Applied online and received a callback approximately three weeks later. Interviewed by the HR manager, and two HSBC representatives. Almost all questions were behavioural questions with some general interview questions thrown in. I thought the interview went well, felt very confident but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Well organised/communicated. All done via secure email. Directions/location/timing communicated clearly. Temp pass given on arrival. First level interview could be either 1:1 or panel. The hiring is process slightly longer I believe as I only went for the first level interview and waiting for the feedback.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied on-line. Took numerical test. A month later I was invited for a telephone interview which was standard competency based. After that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The AC:
    About 8 candidates. we took the numerical test again, and then had about 20 minutes to study a business case, which we had to present our opinions on to an employee. you have 4 interviews which candidates rotate between (analyst (competency), a line manager (technical), another manager (competency), and a HR guy (case study presentation))
    Very friendly and professional in general.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain about products offered by the division applied to   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2014.

Once passing the online application, you are given an online assessment, then onto a telephone interview if successful. Then it's onto the face to face interview. The online assessment mainly is a situation judgement test which tests whether you are a good candidate for demonstrating openness, being connected and dependable. The telephone interview is much more personal and is more focused on customer service and the main values of HSBC. Once passed, you may be considered for a face to face interview with the branch/ line manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you have had to be flexible?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question