HCL Technologies

Getting the Interview

546 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details I went for an off-campus hiring drive. Initially there was a screening exam, then GD round. Later, HR+Technical round.

Interview Question – Questions were very easy and basic.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details Three rounds of interviews: Two rounds of technical followed by one round of HR. In the two rounds, they tested the basic concepts of programming includes OOPS, C, C++, Java etc. Generally, testing the willingness to learn more.

Interview Question – Mostly, situation based questions. testing team player skills and innovative, out of the box answers.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details THERE were 5 rounds to recruit.. 10 a grammatical test which was majorly based on parts of speech
2) A GENERAL INTERVIEW- which comprised HR like questions..a brief intro, last movie , how did you spend your last week ? favourite tv show .
3)a TECHNICAL INTERVIEW- i belong to electronics and communication so i was gauged in that .. what is a register? what is memory ? what is a flip flop?
j-k ff, draw and implement it, what are k-maps? uses ?
networking questions-what is a n/w? what os is used in your cellphone?
4) HR interview- intro , what do you know about HCL ?
whom do you prefer for your country - an innocent politician who lacks strategies or a corrupt one who makes excellent strategies any issue with the bond ?
5) AMCAT BASED ONLINE TEST - Quant /logical reasoning/verbal
go through the sample papers given on various sites

The day went propitious for me and i cleared all the grills successfully !!

Interview Question – what is the mileage of your car this was asked in technical round   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the package was 2.75 .no further negotiations

Lead Engineer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2012.

Interview Details If you are coming from other cities of india then it will take long time to reimburse you travel expense.
For me it took seven months after my employment and I have to take strict follow up for the same

Interview Question – Why did you left your last company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details Test containing sections like Quantitative aptitude, English and HR round.

Very Easy Interview

Trainee/Entry Level SAP Technical Consultant Interview (Cary) Interview

Cary, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview Details I applied online through my school's career website in November. I got an email a few weeks later and then a phone interview a week after in early December. The phone interview was pretty easy; we just went over my resume, my experience in group work, and how I handle different, difficult situations in groups.
     I was told there would be an all-day group face-to-face interview next, which took them 2 whole months to set up. It took place at the end of February with 3 other candidates and 2 interviewers who flew in just for that. I found the interview to be a big waste of time. They spent 2 hours in the morning explaining how great the company is, then we went to lunch, then we had individual interviews and mine only lasted 10 minutes (and it was exactly the same questions as on the phone). After that we had a 4 hour dinner. So all in all, 10 minutes of interview and an entire day of spending company money. I understand they want to see how we interact with them but there are other ways than wasting an entire day and hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
     It was another one and a half months before I got an offer, but at the last minute they decided I had to relocate for the position, which they said nothing about before. I was uncomfortable with this so I declined.
     My impressions of the company based on this interview are they have time management issues, communication problems, and they waste a lot of money. Maybe a more experienced person applying for an upper level position may have a better time, but be vary if you're recruited right out of college.

Interview Question – Phone interview: Went over resume, discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult group member, discuss a difficult project you undertook and why was it difficult, discuss a leadership role you've had.

Face-to-face interview: Exactly the same.

Note: There are absolutely no technical questions. It's all about your interaction skills since this particular position teaches you everything you need to know.
  Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Cochin (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details I was shortlisted from my college, for which we had a computerised test with separate cut off marks for each section including programming section also. The interview was conducted the very next day.Only one round interview comprising of technical and HR questions. The interviewer was very calm and did not put pressure on me but was able to extract from me all that he wanted to know, regarding final year project, programming skills, etc.

Interview Question – The question that i found unexpected was: What is your idea about making your project completely automated using your programming skills.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was fully interested in joining the company as i had a good opinion about the work culture and atmosphere.But the reason that I couldnt join was that it was after 1 year after placement that they gave me the joining date(I had to wait 9 months after my college) which was a very long gap to wait for a job. In the mean time I got cleared through for GATE so decided to go with higher studies.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details Off campus recruitment drive @ PIET Panipat
round one - grammar objective test
round two - hr & technical interview (separate)
round three - online test
round 80 - 90 were hired out of 2100

Interview Question – Grammar was not easy.. was mind teaser   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2010.

Interview Details A couple of months ago, I got invited to interview with a well-known not-for-profit organization. I was so eager to get this internship that I even bought a new suit for the interview. I read a lot of articles about the organization’s mission, history and values. I tried to contact an alumni working in the organization to get a reference. I researched my interviewers, including their educational background and past work experience. Lastly, I went through my prepared responses for common interview questions to make sure that I would not make serious mistakes.

Interview Question – best movie   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview Details HCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget it.HCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget it.HCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget it

Interview Question – HCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget it.HCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget it.HCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget itHCL is one of the worst companies to work for. It's people driven. There are no processes. If you have good connections you will grow else forget it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at HCL Technologies

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies interview questions and advice. All 546 interview reviews are posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees and interview candidates.