HCL Technologies

2.9

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Contacted by a recruiter for this position who detailed out the requirements & expectations. 2 rounds of interviews one by Sales Manager and the next by Global head of new business SVP level. This was followed by a chat with HR manager. My perception of the company grew progressively engaged; good understanding of the market and what it takes to succeed. HR function moved fast to make an offer after the process.

Interview Questions
    • It's not the most difficult question, but be prepared to walk through instances of one of your largest opportunity or deal worked on, and articulate how your worked to win   Answer Question

Senior Developer PlSql Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Attended walk in interview at HCL Hyderabad for PlSql senior developer position. Interview process took one complete day. Process completed in 3 steps which included technical skill written test followed by technical interview followed by HR interview on same day.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

I applied from HCL career site, to my surprise, I got a call from HR within 2-3 days for scheduling a telephonic round. I got it scheduled in the next week, and around 40 minutes of technical questions (all average questions) were asked to me.
    Next I was asked to arrive for a f2f round in Noida office.
    The f2f round was preceded by a written round which asked for 2 programming questions (involving data structures), I did one very well, the second one was half done.
    After 2-3 hours, I was called for the interview. The interview was first going in a right pace, me answering each and every questions and the interviewer looked very satisfied, but then after 15-20 minutes, the guy who took my telephonic interview came up in the cabin and both had a quick chat.
    The previous interviewer went away and this guy started with the programming problems done, logic etc. He somehow proved that my logic was not very good for the problem imposed. I almost agreed to that.
    Later, he asked some networking questions, I had no idea about. So, Overall, this guy looked un-impressed, and with a note of sadness I had to leave the venue with a message that "if you got selected, the HR will contact you".
    I felt real bad about how I couldn't make it and have to study a lot.
    But..but...but...
    after 2-3 weeks, I got a call from HR. She told me nothing about my interview, just asked about my notice period and hung the call up. Again, till next 1-2 week, no communication.
    Later, I got one congratulation e-mail from them for my selection. I was not very happy, but very very surprised.
    I sent them all the docs, later the HR person called me up for salary part, and they were offering way below my current CTC, when I asked if there is any negotiation, he said no. I felt dejected, but politely rejected the offer.
    Next day, he again called me up for my last expected salary, he seemed ready to turn up at my words, but I didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult any, in fact I was not prepared to that extent   Answer Question

The CTC provided was way below my currect CTC, also The employer seemed to react only when I rejected the offer.

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

The interviewer had no knowledge of the technologies he was interviewing for. He was reading my resume like a chapter from a book, ans was asking questions like why did you write this line here.
    Later I got to know that he was just a software engineer with no relevant experience in the technologies.

SAP Project/Programmer Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Three stages. One with HR. Second with a Project/Programme Manager from HCL. Third was a face to face interview with Alex, one of the executives and another project/programme manager, I called his puppy.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you too many questions as if you are being interrogated, as if you know nothing and they know nothing. Although they were making fun of other companies that they dress in suits and they are all about looks and HCL is more about "delivery", they came off as arrogant and too proud of themselves with their bad clothes ;)   Answer Question

Not interested in working with people who are arrogant and look down upon others. The puppy of Alex simply left another company, because he couldn't lift his sleeves up, so he came back to HCL....bunch of kids...

Fresher Interview

There will be a Written examination at first followed by a Technical Interview. Most of the people get screened out at the first round itself. Be very confident in the interviews. And then if you are clearing these two, you'll be taken for a HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

based on amcat scores got call for interview, basics of sql, dbms, computer network, projects and c language were asked. then there was an hr round where they asked why do you wanna join hcl, what are your goals? who is the ceo of hcl and that sorta stuff, it was an easy interview. they are not very thorough

not good prospects

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. Got a call from HCL HR a meeting was setup immediately by the HCL team working at the client site and then the interview with the client few days later. Got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No. As long as you know your work, you should be fine. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies.

Simple lateral interview having the basic questions.
    Question about semaphores and embedded system
    Hr round was not there so to saysay hence no issues with that
    Salary negotiation was very easy as well

Ok and very easy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Written test, techinal discussion of 2 level and then HR discussion. profile screening will be the frst step of all. make your resume clean n crisp for shortlisting. As i was in campus recruited, not clear about external interviews