H&M Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
197 interviews

2.6

Sales Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in April 2013.

I send my resume on Internet and I went to the store where I meet the manager. One week later I get a call from human ressource. The phone interview take 30 minutes. They want to know if you are really interrested with the job, if you want to work hard. After that interview, if they liked you, they set up a second interview with the store manager.

At H&M there are several department manager. When you have your second interview, you meet at least two other manager. At this time, you have to know a lot of things about the compagny. After that, they can schedule a thirt interview with other managers.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2014.

I applied to three different locations online. An H&M Representative called about a week later for a phone interview. Basic questions such as what did I know about the company, previous work experience in retail, why I chose H&M and what I can learn from working there. She gave me an option between two of the three locations I applied from and set up an interview for me in the location I chose for the following week. The second interview was a casual face to face interview with one of the visual managers and a department manager. Basically asked the same questions from the first interview and some situational questions. They asked me to go and wait in the staff room after for a few minutes, called me back in the manager`s room and told me I was hired. ALOT of paperwork to fill out after you`re hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about H&M, What retail experience do you have and describe in detail what duties you had while working in retail, What duties do you think you`ll have as an H&M sales advisor, etc.   View Answer

Shopfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in January 2011.

Unorthodox interview process to date. First interview was an impromptu interview over the phone. Second interview was with the regional head office via skype. Both interviewers were pleasant and down to earth.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H&M.

A miniature phone interview from the classic interview question book (greatest weakness, availability, ability skills) then was offered a very casual in-store interview with two visuals who asked very general questions about previous work experience and situational customer problems. After meeting with the store manager the next day I was then considered for a part-time position. Easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company (H&M)?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in November 2013.

applied online, had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Unnecessarily long interview process that most other sales advisors did not have:
    - Short one-on-one interview at the Eaton's Centre during a Job Fair day
    - A week or so later, group interview at their Queen Street West location: in an upstairs meeting room with ten or so other associates taking part in ridiculous group activities (rummaging through clothes to put together thematic sets, stacking coloured boxes to represent window displays)
    - An interview at the store I desired to work at, a week after, with a Department Manager and then a second interview a few days after that with the Store Manager, both of these being traditional sit-down interviews (reviewing my resume, discussing previous experience)

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, the one-on-one interviews were very traditional
      The group interview required us performing tasks involving crates of clothes and coloured boxes with graphics representing the components of a store display
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at H&M.

Interviews were held in a hotel conference room, and you were interviewed by a table of people.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do if a customer needed help.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in September 2010.

It was very laid back and straight forward. They called me in and asked the typical questions. Why do you want to work at H&M, your future goals and what do you know about H&M.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know where the clothing is made and the fabric.   View Answer
    I wasn't good at negotiating at the time so I just accepted what they offered, which was pretty fair and the discounts are great!

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Dropped my resume at the store when it was less busy. Talked with the manager for a couple of minutes, just about my background, experience, why I wanted to work for H&M, andmy availability. He scheduled me a formal interview for tomorrow. Official interview went well. Asked more basic questions along with some situational questions. The day after, I got a job offer via phone.

Interview Questions

Found a better job offer.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

When I first applied, there were no stores open in my city, therefore I didn't know the company very well. I applied over the internet and got a phone call from the HR team in the following weeks. They asked me why I would like to work for H&M, what I knew about the company, what was my background and wether I was applying for full-time or part-time.

They later invited me to the first actual interview, which was held in a hotel. A lot of people were being interviewed, as this was the first store opening in the region. I finally met with one of the managers from Toronto that was recruiting for Montreal and he was very nice. He asked me questions about my style, what kind of music I listened to, which were my favorite colours, and the more general questions about the company.

He told me his coworker would be there for the second interview and asked me to come back two days later. On the second interview he was still by himself, his coworker couldn't make it, so he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if I had to redecorate the room in which my interview was taking place.   Answer Question
    I didn't negociate, as this was my first student job.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!