H&M Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.5

Sales Advisor Interview

Phone interview that took 15 minutes, then I was called in for an interview in the store. I met with the department manager and was asked a few questions which took about 30 minutes. I was called in the next day and offered the position.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in May 2014.

I applied to three different locations online. An H&M Representative called about a week later for a phone interview. Basic questions such as what did I know about the company, previous work experience in retail, why I chose H&M and what I can learn from working there. She gave me an option between two of the three locations I applied from and set up an interview for me in the location I chose for the following week. The second interview was a casual face to face interview with one of the visual managers and a department manager. Basically asked the same questions from the first interview and some situational questions. They asked me to go and wait in the staff room after for a few minutes, called me back in the manager`s room and told me I was hired. ALOT of paperwork to fill out after you`re hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about H&M, What retail experience do you have and describe in detail what duties you had while working in retail, What duties do you think you`ll have as an H&M sales advisor, etc.   View Answer

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H&M.

A miniature phone interview from the classic interview question book (greatest weakness, availability, ability skills) then was offered a very casual in-store interview with two visuals who asked very general questions about previous work experience and situational customer problems. After meeting with the store manager the next day I was then considered for a part-time position. Easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company (H&M)?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in November 2013.

applied online, had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in April 2013.

I send my resume on Internet and I went to the store where I meet the manager. One week later I get a call from human ressource. The phone interview take 30 minutes. They want to know if you are really interrested with the job, if you want to work hard. After that interview, if they liked you, they set up a second interview with the store manager.

At H&M there are several department manager. When you have your second interview, you meet at least two other manager. At this time, you have to know a lot of things about the compagny. After that, they can schedule a thirt interview with other managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&M.

Interviews were held in a hotel conference room, and you were interviewed by a table of people.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do if a customer needed help.   View Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

When I first applied, there were no stores open in my city, therefore I didn't know the company very well. I applied over the internet and got a phone call from the HR team in the following weeks. They asked me why I would like to work for H&M, what I knew about the company, what was my background and wether I was applying for full-time or part-time.

They later invited me to the first actual interview, which was held in a hotel. A lot of people were being interviewed, as this was the first store opening in the region. I finally met with one of the managers from Toronto that was recruiting for Montreal and he was very nice. He asked me questions about my style, what kind of music I listened to, which were my favorite colours, and the more general questions about the company.

He told me his coworker would be there for the second interview and asked me to come back two days later. On the second interview he was still by himself, his coworker couldn't make it, so he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if I had to redecorate the room in which my interview was taking place.   Answer Question
    I didn't negociate, as this was my first student job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in August 2012.

I applied to their online website and a few days later I had a call from Head Office. They gave me an phone interview (they ask you about your previous jobs, why should you work at H&M, what you know about the company, etc.) and told me that I had to go to an interview at the store.

I went there, 15 minutes early and they told me to wait. They forgot to tell the manager I was there (those things happen, I wasn't mad or anything). It took a while before they were ready, but they apologized to me. Afterwards, they talk about themselves (they were two) and I did so, they asked about my previous job, about me, what I like about H&M, what I know about the company (SUPER IMPORTANT), what I would do in certain situations, etc. They told me I would likely be called back for a second interview.

The day after, I got a call from one of the girls who interviewed me. I had the second interview the week after. I got to the store again and they asked me practically the same questions, but asked me in which department I would like to work best and what were my availabilities. It was still a 2:1 interview. They told me I would be called back during the week, even if I didn't get the job.

An hour or two later, I got a call from the girl of the first interview and told me I got the job and was starting at the end of the week.

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Dropped my resume at the store when it was less busy. Talked with the manager for a couple of minutes, just about my background, experience, why I wanted to work for H&M, andmy availability. He scheduled me a formal interview for tomorrow. Official interview went well. Asked more basic questions along with some situational questions. The day after, I got a job offer via phone.

Interview Questions

Found a better job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in September 2011.

I applied online via the H&M.com website, as there was an opportunity present for the new store opening up at Metrotown Metropolis in Burnaby B.C. Canada.

After a few days, I recieved a phone call in the morning from a Human Resources Recruiter. She basically gave me an interview on the spot, I mentioned that there was a Hiring Fair happening at the mall for the new store, she asked if I was planning on attending and I said yes. She told me that I didn't need to go as she would schedual me for an interview at the main office Downtown the following day. I accepted.

I went to the 1:1 interview, but since I had no clue which floor the office was in the building, (the receptionist at the lobby was absent, and no one from the office would answer the buzzer.). I went to the H&M store located right next door inside a mall to ask. A sales advisor brought me into the staff room to wait. It was nearly 30 minutes of my interview time in which I started to worry. I thought they had forgot about me, and was told that they were just setting up. When I had asked again, I was informed that I was supposed to be at the office next door. I basically explained that I was brought to wait in the staff room and I simply asked what floor the office was. Thinking I had blown my chances, the interview proceeded, and she told me to come back for a 2nd Interview the following week. It would be with the Store Manager for the new store.

I came today for my 2nd 1:1 interview (September 6th 2011) and was freaking out as I did not have time to print out another copy of my resume, cover letter, and references. I also planned on typing up a Thank You Note, but that did not happen. Feeling unprepared, I thought I ruined my chances. I noticed a bunch of new sales advisor were just hired as they were carrying folders for new staff members, and had just came in to hand in the required documentation. I also sat there waiting for my interview with others waiting for theirs aswell. I clearly saw they came prepared.

I proceeded with my 2nd Interview, was not bothered to ask if I had a copy of my resume, etc as they brought out the copy I gave during my 1st interview. After some questions, I was basically told that they would like to offer me a Part-Time position. Then, I began to fill out some documentation for them, such as Security Background Cheque, SIN information, emergency contact, etc.

I am to begin a 2 week training session this Thursday September 8th 2011, in preparation for when the new store opens next month (October 2011).

Interview Questions
    I didn't bother negotiating salary wages, though from what I've read, I heard H&M are pretty lenient in that regard. When asked about salary expectation, I essentially told them I had no expectations. Despite that, I was offered more than my last job anyway so im content because it wasn't minimum wage as I was expecting.