H E B Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B.

I was brought into a room with about 10 other people and we all introduced ourselves out loud. Then we drew a picture of where we saw ourselves working in the store and then we sold the product we had in front of us to the group

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

Called me a few weeks later when I applied online, got the first interview set up and was all about getting to know me and identifying what was going on in photos in a picturebook, passed the first phase and then a few days later got a call to meet and be interview with the store director. I asked a lot about the activities of the store and is it on a daily basis. It was all about getting to know me and how I respond to challenges and would be proactive in the store events. Then on the spot the director asked me to allow a background check and then when it came back they would schedule me for new hire paperwork. Was so excited! Came back three days later and signed all the paperwork during orientation and then was trained and then scheduled to work within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think they were any too difficult questions. But they asked these which could give challenge. What was the most fulfilling thing you have done and when do you go out of your way to help someone and to explain.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

Brief phone interview with an in-person interview the next morning. They ask questions you'd expect- why you want to work for HEB, what you think makes HEB stand out from other stores, what you like about customer service, what traits you think someone in this position should have, etc. They also showed a couple photos of situations and asked what you would do if you were in them.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult part about customer service?   Answer Question
    Pay rate is set.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H E B in September 2014.

I applied online. I was called on Tuesday, Sept. 16 for a interview the next evening. Group Interview on Wed, Sept. 17. The hiring manager definitely wants to see a lot of personality & how you work with others. Individually, we answered the same questions in front of everyone. As a group, we had to create a commercial with combo loco deals. On Thurs, Sept 18, I received a call that evening inviting me to an interview for the following Thursday, Sept. 25. During the second interview, I was asked basic questions like why do I want to work for HEB, personality traits, & what would I contribute. I was then offered the job & signed for a background check. I received a call on Tuesday, Oct 7, stating that I was eligible for hire & asking if I could come in at 8am on Oct. 8 for orientation. At the orientation, we watched an hour long interview, signed paperwork, and received our name tags and t-shirts. Now I have to do the training later this week. I'm excited I got the job!

Customer Service Representative Interview

5 minutes of situational question. instances where you didnt get along with someone and how to managed anyway. they just want to get to know you and see if you will be a slow worker

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Easy, but must have open availability to get hired faster. They're looking for customer service oriented people. Tell them what they want to hear with ways you exhibit those qualities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you handled a difficult upset customer situation...   View Answers (2)
    None. Standard wages.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H E B.

After I turned in my application, I got a call about a week or two later for an interview. It was a one on one interview that lasted about 20-25 minutes. I got a call back about two weeks after that to offer me the position.

Over Night Stocker Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at H E B in August 2014.

Group interview for new HEB Opening. A group of 10 candidates with 2 interviewers. We were asked simple questions about our experience with the position, and split briefly into groups to preform a group activity (moving folding chairs from one place to another as a team) they were looking for communication between us, and efficiency if the jobs overall execution and completion. Followed by another group question and discussion session. Was a very friendly environment.. Even if I didn't get the job (I'll know shortly) I'm still happy I experienced an interview in the fashion.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time where you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in August 2014.

Initial contact was very warm. Group interview was different. They start off by saying they only want the best and that you can apply form more than one job at any given store. I did not get past the first interview so I put in for a different department. At this group they asked if anyone had been to a group interview before and where. I told them at this location and I was told I had to leave and could not participate in the group interview. I was then met with as assistant manager that told me I was not suppose to be able to apply for a different job at this store and he did not know why I had been able to do so. He told me he would call me or have someone else call me and explain it to me. A week later I received the same generic turn down e-mail. No explanation. I can still go into the H E B site and apply for jobs. Very disappointing considering the reputation that H E B has

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed to be generic employment questions   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at H E B.

From the time of the application was submitted to the first interview was two months. First interview was with a human resource representative. Next interview was a month later and was a group interview. There were three more interviews over the next two months. Total time took five months.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you followed standard company procedures even though others wanted you to take a shortcut?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation