H E B Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Really easy. Group interview to see how outgoing you are and how you work with others. After you pass the first round you usually have another one on one interview with the head of the department you are going to work in.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell us this product.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

Phone interview and then skype session, 1:1 phone interview and then 2:1 skype session for the second interview. Extremely friendly and laid-back. They did not make me feel nervous at all and helped ease the process.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you prefer working in>   1 Answer

SORM School of Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

-assessment exam which covers technical questions relating to the department in which you're applying for
    -one minute "about me" interview
    -four minute interview with two members of the panel
    -group project in which your team is given a situation and the team must determine the best way to approach the situation and meet all given goals

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer and outcome. Tell us about a time you didn't get along with a coworker and outcome. Tell us about a time that you were given instructions by a manager but the instructions were not helping/making things more difficult.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Group interview
    Make a nametag
    Draw what you see yourself doing at Heb and how you plan to move up in the company
    Pretend to Sell an Heb brand product
    2nd interview is one on one with the service manager asks you questiins like why do you wanna work for heb what qualities you would look for in a group member just normal interview questions then third interview with another manager then job offer. 3rd interview was prettymuch the same schedule you to cone in to do paperwork make sure you bring your banking info for your paycheck social and drivers license

Central Checkout Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Harmless and positive. I felt very comfortable with the interviewer, and the questions were not invasive or overly scrutinizing. It was a simple experience. Be honest, explain your goals and your reason for applying, and try to show some integrity. The culture of HEB is paramount to acquiring a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working here long term?   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

They called me back 5 days later. They showed me a book full of situations and you had to describe what's going on. and then just asked why I'm interested in working here and my interests. Then I got a second interview that day. They Just asked A bunch of questions. Take time to think about them. Its more about how you helped people and if you like dealing with costumers.

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

It was really bad they said they will get the person with more experience And since I haven't had a job everyone else "looked better".they did not put attention when I was speaking and they had a really bad attitude.they asked too personal questions like ...."are you still with the father of your children?"..."why not?"

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way to help someone   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B (Missouri City, TX (US)).

Interview

Was called in to do a group interview for an HEB grand opening. It was pretty cool. We had to do these little activities...i guess for them to gauge or ability to work with a team..It was actually pretty fun.

Management Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

initial phone interview, results will be forwarded to region managers who will decide if they want to continue the hiring process with a more formal interview. the second interview is the harder one and it is then followed with a final interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you change a process that was already in place   1 Answer

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B (Round Rock, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a call about 2 weeks after i applied.
    Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes.
    I got asked to come in the next day for a one on one interview.
    Interview lasted about 1 hour.
    Got offered the job on the spot.
    Background check took about 2 days.
    I started yesterday :)