Gulfstream Aerospace

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

The hiring manager interviewed me over phone for 45 minutes. The questions were very straight forward about my co-op experience and academics. I was also quizzed with routine behavioural questions like Why do you want to work in Gulfstream, tell me about yourself etc.

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Applied for the position through school's career development department, then spoke to the representatives at the campus career fair. I was then contacted a few days later by email asking when I would be available for an on campus interview. The interview was pretty laid back and the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to work in a team and what challenges your team overcame.   Answer Question

Summer R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2015.

On campus career fair -> interview -> online app -> "forwarded to hiring manager" -> phone interview -> (now).
    Fairly laid back interview(first)
    mainly behavioural questions.
    asked a lot about resume

phone interview
    -asked all about resume
    -several people on phone

HRG Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Standard Telephone followed by in-person interview. Standard behavioral questions. Questions are really based upon the position and hiring manager. Not a difficult or unusual process. The processes may vary by geographic location. With Savannah, GA being the HDQ, the remote locations are a bit more focused.

You're able to counter.

College Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Wasn't too bad, very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed on campus and received a phone call with the offer two weeks later. Start date was delayed because I couldn't find my high school diploma.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a trick question, wasn't hard. Just to keep me on my toes.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I had two interviews starting with a phone screening and then a face to face interview. Overall the process was easy and relaxed. They asked questions about my resume and my future goals. They are a great company and I can't wait to work for them!

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little.

Technical Data Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

Applied and was interviewed about three weeks later. Interview was with HR associatr and two managers connected with the job. They were veey friendly and made me feel more comfortable despite my nervousness. It was generally in the Critical Behavior style interview. A week and a half later i was notified i was not chosen for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where it was difficult to work with _______. What did you do to overcome that difficulty? What was the outcome?   View Answer
    • Describe something in your past experience that helps you today. How does it help you today?   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

I was offered the interview after applying online through my college's career site and then visiting them at the career fair. The interview was the next day on campus. There were three interviewers, all of whom were graduates of my school and had previously co-oped at Gulfstream and now work there. The interview was friendly and the questions were not too difficult. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and liked the candidate to know a lot about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a how you worked on a team and how you were involved with the other team members.   View Answer

Another company was my first choice.

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Recruiter contacted me. Interview was standard asking about background and experience. This is the initial stage before being sent to the hiring manager. Not technical, but recruiters are very knowledgeable of Gulfstream and about the open position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just discuss background in how it pertains to the position.   Answer Question

CollegeMechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I applied for a summer internship at Gulfstream Aerospace in Long Beach somewhere around late December. Gulfstream was having its online job application system revamped so it took a while until I heard from them. An interview was set up by the HR representative in late March. I was interviewed by the manager and senior lead. Interview started with me giving a brief intro about myself, and then what I knew about Gulfstream. Then followed by generic interview questions like Why Gulfstream? Why should we hire you? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Why are you pursuing the degree that you are pursuing in college?

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Have you worked in a team environment before? If yes, elaborate on the experience.   View Answer
    The intern pay was already set, so I didn't negotiate. Since I was out of state, I was offered corporate housing in a GREAT place by the company for the entire duration of the internship. The internship experience was also awesome. It started slow with practice and tutorials but once I learned some of the design tools used by the company, I started real work. I did pretty much the same work that other entry level engineers did, and so I am proud to say that my designs are actually used on the production aircraft. The work environment was super fun and super supportive. People were super laidback, and welcoming. i looked forward to everyday of work. The internship was an IDEAL internship that any intern would expect to get. I would love to go back to this company at this site.