Guess? Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Questions
  • Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

-Talk about your past experience
    -Tell us about yourself
    -What do you consider a good customer service?
    -Why should we hire you?
    -Why guess?
    We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

met at the mall and was very quick

no future

Sales Associate Interview

I got recruited while I was shopping! They look for nice and friendly people. First they asked me to do a phone interview which was done through an automated service. Lots of behavioural questions about theft.
    My interview was really easy for someone with previous retail experience. They asked me to role play selling the outfit I had on during the interview. Lots of behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it. They asked me why they should hire me and why I wanted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

GUESS Accessories Canada had a group interview of 13 girls in the food court of the mall the store was located in, during the interview, perspective employees were posed potential scenarios associates may encounter and asked about past work experiences

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

it was a big guess store and more like an outlet but some what it had everything that other guess stores had, more costumers, the job was soooo boring I was assigned to a section and had to fold cloths fr like 8 hours and sometimes i had to take care of change room which was better, my manager was very nice but the main one was a rude impolite woman

Interview Questions
    they didnt even interview us, i droped my resume and after 2 weeks they called me for an interview, me and 4 other people went there and a lady came and showed us all sections of the store and our responsibilities and our schedule!!

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

After turning in application, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Went in and spoke to manager and filled out paper work. Was given a quick tour of the store and thought I would be asked to put together an outfit but I was not. Got a call that I was hired very shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!