Guess?

Updated 11 Feb, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

-Talk about your past experience
-Tell us about yourself
-What do you consider a good customer service?
-Why should we hire you?
-Why guess?
We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Sales Associate Interview

met at the mall and was very quick

no future

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I got recruited while I was shopping! They look for nice and friendly people. First they asked me to do a phone interview which was done through an automated service. Lots of behavioural questions about theft.
    My interview was really easy for someone with previous retail experience. They asked me to role play selling the outfit I had on during the interview. Lots of behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it. They asked me why they should hire me and why I wanted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

GUESS Accessories Canada had a group interview of 13 girls in the food court of the mall the store was located in, during the interview, perspective employees were posed potential scenarios associates may encounter and asked about past work experiences

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Questions
    • Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

it was a big guess store and more like an outlet but some what it had everything that other guess stores had, more costumers, the job was soooo boring I was assigned to a section and had to fold cloths fr like 8 hours and sometimes i had to take care of change room which was better, my manager was very nice but the main one was a rude impolite woman

Interview Questions
    they didnt even interview us, i droped my resume and after 2 weeks they called me for an interview, me and 4 other people went there and a lady came and showed us all sections of the store and our responsibilities and our schedule!!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was very easy. I went in for an aplication and got an interview on the spot! I met a few of the managers and they were super nice.. The interview took about 15 minutes! The manager didnt ask many questions he/she just asked me to put together an outfit for a specific event and that was really it!

Interview Questions
    • What can you do for the company that the other candidates cant?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Detailed and straight to the point took a couple weeks but other than that i thought the interview questions were reasonable and expectable. I actually had a group interview so i got to see how the other girl answered the questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

It was a group interview (me and two other girls) held very early in the morning before the store opened. We filled out a form and were being observed to see if we were talking to each other. Manager came back and said that she hoped we got to know each other while we were filling out forms because we were going to have to state 5 things about the other person. She walked away and gave us 5 more minutes. After this she asked us what do we do, where do we see ourselves in 10 years from now. She was friendly, she observed what we were wearing, retail experience is a must.
    Of course she asked us "Why Guess?" ..
    She did not state how much they pay at this job (came to find out its $9 for NY locations, no commission.
    Then she stated what we would expect from us, it was a little harsh for one girl who never worked retail, i remember she said "Do you have any idea what you would be getting yourself into? This is not like (referring to the girl's current job)." i felt bad for her =/.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly easy, there was nothing that stood out to me that i couldn't answer.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate anything ! =[