Guess?

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview Details There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Question – Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details -Talk about your past experience
-Tell us about yourself
-What do you consider a good customer service?
-Why should we hire you?
-Why guess?
We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details met at the mall and was very quick

Interview Question – what was the most difficult thing you ever did   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no future

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details I got recruited while I was shopping! They look for nice and friendly people. First they asked me to do a phone interview which was done through an automated service. Lots of behavioural questions about theft.
My interview was really easy for someone with previous retail experience. They asked me to role play selling the outfit I had on during the interview. Lots of behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it. They asked me why they should hire me and why I wanted the job.

Interview Question – Straight forward   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Interview Details GUESS Accessories Canada had a group interview of 13 girls in the food court of the mall the store was located in, during the interview, perspective employees were posed potential scenarios associates may encounter and asked about past work experiences

Interview Questions

Toronto, ON

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details it was a big guess store and more like an outlet but some what it had everything that other guess stores had, more costumers, the job was soooo boring I was assigned to a section and had to fold cloths fr like 8 hours and sometimes i had to take care of change room which was better, my manager was very nice but the main one was a rude impolite woman

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – they didnt even interview us, i droped my resume and after 2 weeks they called me for an interview, me and 4 other people went there and a lady came and showed us all sections of the store and our responsibilities and our schedule!!

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Interview Question – Who is your fav celeb icon?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details I went into the Guess store at my local mall and asked for an application. They didn't have any on hand so the Assistant Manager on duty asked the sales associated on the floor to go in the back and print one. I filled it out and returned it that same day. I received a call the following day asking if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed 3 days later with that same Assistant Manager who gave me the application. The interview was very casual. It was really just a conversation allowing him to get to know me. A lot of the questions were about my hobbies, school, past experience and availability.

Interview Question – I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay was set amount and hourly.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Question – Were else did you apply?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees and interview candidates.