Guess? Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I applied in store about two weeks ago and they called me for an interview soon after. I studied a lot for this interview by using the questions here and came prepared to answer them all. However, once I got there the woman was really nice just asked me why I wanted to work for GUESS, made me fill out an application form with references and previous roles and now I'm waiting to hear back about a background check. Praying that I get it but the waiting process is the worst part. I'm only doing seasonal work though, so for the rest of you I'd recommend knowing the company and definitely studying beforehand :)

Interview Questions

• All I was asked is "Why do you want to work at GUESS?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? (Mississauga, ON) in June 2014.

Interview

Walked in, handed in resume, filled out the form.
    Got called in two weeks for a group interview.
    Called again in two weeks and to ask about references (they weren't easy to contact at the time)
    Then after that they called me again and offered me the job.
    I didn't think I would get the job to be honest, felt like I didn't do too great during the group interview but somehow it worked out. Don't sweat it. Also they like it a lot when you wear Guess clothing (especially the jeans don't forget about the jeans they're a big deal to them)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you dealt with an angry customer and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? (Montreal, QC).

Interview

-Talk about your past experience
    -Tell us about yourself
    -What do you consider a good customer service?
    -Why should we hire you?
    -Why guess?
    We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

met at the mall and was very quick

no future

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

Interview

I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I got recruited while I was shopping! They look for nice and friendly people. First they asked me to do a phone interview which was done through an automated service. Lots of behavioural questions about theft.
    My interview was really easy for someone with previous retail experience. They asked me to role play selling the outfit I had on during the interview. Lots of behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it. They asked me why they should hire me and why I wanted the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in April 2012.

Interview

Very simple, we ask you very basic questions, once you get to the end though make sure that you thank the interviewer for their time and you look forward to hearing from them soon. Also, we don't pay the best out there in the market but our discounts really make up for that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at GUESS? ? & what's your retail experience behind working with jeans.
      MAJOR QUESTION: What do you know about the company?

Answer Question

Negotiation

It was really non negotiable, so its either you like your compensation or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? (Toronto, ON) in March 2012.

Interview

GUESS Accessories Canada had a group interview of 13 girls in the food court of the mall the store was located in, during the interview, perspective employees were posed potential scenarios associates may encounter and asked about past work experiences

Very Unprofessional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview

Usually Done in the Back Room could be individual or Group Style(5-10).

Interview Questions

• Questions are straight Forward. Their is no Universal Questions Developed by Human Resources to ask new hires. The questions are made by Assistant and Store Manager based on How Well they Like you . They Usually Like Upbeat Confident Perky Fake People who can make the customer feel welcomed or awkward and uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no Negotiation Phase You take it or don`t get the Job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? (Calgary, AB) in August 2011.

Interview

There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Questions

• Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Work at Guess Share Your Experiences