Guess?

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in April 2012.

Interview Details Very simple, we ask you very basic questions, once you get to the end though make sure that you thank the interviewer for their time and you look forward to hearing from them soon. Also, we don't pay the best out there in the market but our discounts really make up for that.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work at GUESS? ? & what's your retail experience behind working with jeans.
MAJOR QUESTION: What do you know about the company?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was really non negotiable, so its either you like your compensation or not.

Calgary, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview Details There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Question – Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details -Talk about your past experience
-Tell us about yourself
-What do you consider a good customer service?
-Why should we hire you?
-Why guess?
We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Very Unprofessional Interview

Very Unprofessional

Interview Details Usually Done in the Back Room could be individual or Group Style(5-10).

Interview Question – Questions are straight Forward. Their is no Universal Questions Developed by Human Resources to ask new hires. The questions are made by Assistant and Store Manager based on How Well they Like you . They Usually Like Upbeat Confident Perky Fake People who can make the customer feel welcomed or awkward and uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no Negotiation Phase You take it or don`t get the Job

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in August 2009.

Interview Details Recruited by company recruiter.
Meet and connected with various DMs, ABMs from different cities.
Introduced to everyone from head office.
Meet with 2 SMs for final meeting to determine suitability of location.
Entire process was about a month and a half.

Interview Question – Less of questions, more of a conversation based networking dialogue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation due to multiple bonus incentives and monthly clothing allowance.

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details met at the mall and was very quick

Interview Question – what was the most difficult thing you ever did   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no future

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details I got recruited while I was shopping! They look for nice and friendly people. First they asked me to do a phone interview which was done through an automated service. Lots of behavioural questions about theft.
My interview was really easy for someone with previous retail experience. They asked me to role play selling the outfit I had on during the interview. Lots of behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it. They asked me why they should hire me and why I wanted the job.

Interview Question – Straight forward   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Interview Details GUESS Accessories Canada had a group interview of 13 girls in the food court of the mall the store was located in, during the interview, perspective employees were posed potential scenarios associates may encounter and asked about past work experiences

Interview Questions

Toronto, ON

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details it was a big guess store and more like an outlet but some what it had everything that other guess stores had, more costumers, the job was soooo boring I was assigned to a section and had to fold cloths fr like 8 hours and sometimes i had to take care of change room which was better, my manager was very nice but the main one was a rude impolite woman

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – they didnt even interview us, i droped my resume and after 2 weeks they called me for an interview, me and 4 other people went there and a lady came and showed us all sections of the store and our responsibilities and our schedule!!

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!