Guess? Interview Questions

Updated 11 Sep, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

-Talk about your past experience
    -Tell us about yourself
    -What do you consider a good customer service?
    -Why should we hire you?
    -Why guess?
    We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

met at the mall and was very quick

no future

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I got recruited while I was shopping! They look for nice and friendly people. First they asked me to do a phone interview which was done through an automated service. Lots of behavioural questions about theft.
    My interview was really easy for someone with previous retail experience. They asked me to role play selling the outfit I had on during the interview. Lots of behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it. They asked me why they should hire me and why I wanted the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in April 2012.

Very simple, we ask you very basic questions, once you get to the end though make sure that you thank the interviewer for their time and you look forward to hearing from them soon. Also, we don't pay the best out there in the market but our discounts really make up for that.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wanna work at GUESS? ? & what's your retail experience behind working with jeans.
      MAJOR QUESTION: What do you know about the company?
        Answer Question
    It was really non negotiable, so its either you like your compensation or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

GUESS Accessories Canada had a group interview of 13 girls in the food court of the mall the store was located in, during the interview, perspective employees were posed potential scenarios associates may encounter and asked about past work experiences

Very Unprofessional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Usually Done in the Back Room could be individual or Group Style(5-10).

Interview Questions
    • Questions are straight Forward. Their is no Universal Questions Developed by Human Resources to ask new hires. The questions are made by Assistant and Store Manager based on How Well they Like you . They Usually Like Upbeat Confident Perky Fake People who can make the customer feel welcomed or awkward and uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    There is no Negotiation Phase You take it or don`t get the Job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Questions
    • Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

it was a big guess store and more like an outlet but some what it had everything that other guess stores had, more costumers, the job was soooo boring I was assigned to a section and had to fold cloths fr like 8 hours and sometimes i had to take care of change room which was better, my manager was very nice but the main one was a rude impolite woman

Interview Questions
    they didnt even interview us, i droped my resume and after 2 weeks they called me for an interview, me and 4 other people went there and a lady came and showed us all sections of the store and our responsibilities and our schedule!!

Cashier Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in October 2009.

The manager asked me a few questions about myself and asked me why i chose to work at the store. Also, i took a phone survey where i had to answer a lot of questions for 15 minutes about stealing and honesty. She told me that the results of that phone survey takes a while to get to them and they will call me if they are interested.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!