Guardian Industries Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jan, 2015

2.7

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexdale, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries (Rexdale, ON) in November 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for Logistics Manager position. I got the impression from the beginning that the manager that interviewed me was not interested as he kept yawning during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Since I come from a distribution background, I was asked 'how would I deal with gruff manufacturing people'.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total. An initial phone interview, then a panel interview with technical folks, then a more general, business question/culture type interview with upper level managers. The people were very nice and were just trying to get a feel for your personality and if you would fit in with the culture here.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weaknesses, or name a time when you had to overcome something challenging.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

It was really simple, they asked me about the simple control system questions. Face to face was mostly salary negotiation. Had a lunch with future colleagues, they were very nice and welcoming. They asked me about my experience on control system design, about they understood my depth about control system they kinda stop talking about technical questions. ;-P

Interview Questions

• The negotiation was difficult, manager straight offered me an exact number and said he wont be able to offer any more. As I badly needed a job then so I had to accept that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are a HUGE company they got tons of money, but doesnt want to pay much. Bonus is simply a joke. So negotiate as much as possible from the beginning coz you can forget about the raise for atleast next 3 to 4 years.

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

First communication was to set up a pre-screening phone interview. Recruiter was polite and explained the position very well. I was asked to give a run-down about my experiences and we went into behavioral response questions. Unfortunately, I have not finished my degree but I have life experience through the military comparable to the position applied for. However, it seemed that experience was dismissed after further discussion as it was not a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you take instructions from others without being upset?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ligonier, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guardian Industries (Ligonier, IN (US)).

Interview

Long and somewhat unorganized. I interviewed with three managers on site and most of the questions were tied to lean manufacturing. The plant manager was the first on-site interview and I actually enjoyed talking with him. He took me for a short tour and covered some of their organizational goals. After my interview with the PM I interview with two other managers, one was quality and the other I am not sure. They were both very vague and I lost interest during this time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but very vague questions. I would have expected more relevant questions pertaining to my skills and qualifications. Over the past three years I have received at least thirty calls, from different recruiters, about this same position. It appears Guardian is seeking a particular leadership trait that is difficult to find or the turn-over rate is astronomical. Thats just my opinion.   Answer Question

I received an offer for another interview. I didn't feel I would be a good fit for their culture and declined any additional interviews.

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

The overall process took about two months, but I was kept in the loop during the whole process. The first interview consisted of my knowledge of the company, and then a small tour of one of the lines. After that came basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, if I was willing to work long hours. The first interview lasted roughly 45 minutes from start to finish.

I got the second call from Guardian about 2 weeks after my first interview, this one consisted of a one on one interview with a member of HR. I was asked more specific questions, such as how I'd handle specific situations related to saftey, and harassment. At the end I was given a writen, and verbal offer for the position, pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for laborer positions

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Questions

• Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Questions

• Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   2 Answers

No Answer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Group interview format. Group seemed nice. Really pushed the company values. Side stepped some of my questions to the group

Interview Questions

• provide an example of some of the projects you worked on and how they turned out   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited. They would not negotiate on salary or perks

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2013.

Interview

Straightforward process, just wanted to understand my background. I enjoyed speaking with two of the interviewers but had another who was abrasive. Hearing the experiences of the team is always positive, and better understanding their thoughts on company culture.