Gryphon Scientific

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biochemistry Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Gryphon Scientific in February 2009.

Interview Details Applied through Career Fair at my University. I was a junior and applying for a part time or summer job. Got a call and went over my resume and experiences, basically a phone interview. They said they would call me back if I made it to the next round and was called back a few weeks later. They told me to come in for an interview (they didn't tell me about the test they would give me).

Their office was in a smaller cubbyhole in the building. It seemed really relaxed, as there were exercise balls, the office pet, and couches around. I didn't get a tour of the place but from what I could tell, 50% of the place were smaller offices for the scientists.

I was in the HR-type person's office (she wasn't a real HR but a scientist who also had the responsibility as the HR) and she gave me a verbal exam- stuff pulled out of textbooks and thought provoking ones. The though provoking ones included both science-related ones and concept ones. An example is "how many drink umbrellas are there in the US." You verbally go through the thought process and she sees how you think, etc. After the test, I was brought to another scientist's office and talked with him. Nothing big, just described what the position consisted of, etc. He didn't interview me but explained things to me.

After that, I was brought back to the "HR's" office and it soon ended after that.

Interview Question – How many drink umbrellas are there in the US?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Science Consulting Intern Interview

Takoma Park, MD (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Gryphon Scientific in March 2009.

Interview Details I met them from a career fair and gave them my resume. I was given a call in a few days to schedule an interview. There are only a few people working at the firm and was a consulting firm for scientists. The job I applied for was mainly to help out the other employees (thus an intern) in their consulting through research on the topic and looking over journal articles. There was very little chance of doing actual lab work, so I was told. Their office in Takoma Park was very relaxed. Around 10 people at most, with a pet dog that would jump at you, making you feel comfortable.

Interview Question – How many cocktail umbrellas are there in a given time in the United States?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gryphon Scientific? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gryphon Scientific interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by Gryphon Scientific employees and interview candidates.