Grant Thornton, LLP

162 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate Interview

Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Question – All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was more informal at first, then culminated by meeting with 3 of the senior staff as well as the recruiter. I really liked the fact that the process was focused on how I would fit with the team personally and professionally. They really respected the fact that I am capable of learning quickly and they were very honest about the work load I could expect. There was no sugar coating.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP

Interview Details Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Question – What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in January 2012.

Interview Details Really professionals, no non sense. Hiring process was prompt

Interview Question – As mentioned above questions were professional.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Halifax, NS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details Interview process began with a telephone interview which lasted approximately one hour followed by an interview via video conference which last one and a half hours.

Interview Question – What special benefits did my current employer offer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cars Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details My situation will not be the same as yours so this question is irrelevant. I got this positon in the most non-traditional manner.

Interview Question – wasnt the questions, it was the quality of responses that were expected. It could of been as mundane as what do you do in your free time? if you anwsered biking, tanning, and skeeball, that was the wrong anwser. They want very detailed responses tha thighlight your chacter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short quick and easy.

Audit Associate Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Question – none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in April 2014.

Interview Details The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Question – If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate - Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an in-person interview at my university shortly thereafter. The interview involved fairly straightforward questions about my experiences. The interviewer had my resume in front of her and was taking notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton, LLP

Worked for Grant Thornton, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton, LLP interview questions and advice. All 162 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Grant Thornton, LLP employees and interview candidates.