Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct, 2014
Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.7

Audit Intern Interview

I met the recruitment team at my school's career fair. There was a two step interview process (one on campus and one at the local office). Both interviews were relatively simple. The thing I like most about Grant Thornton is that the interviews are very much like a conversation with a friend. Everyone is so nice and easy to talk to to.

Interview Questions
    • One question that really made an impression on me was "how do you think we could increase profits for the firm?" I thought this was a great question because it made me realize that Grant Thornton truly does value the opinions of all employees and potential employees.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate - Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an in-person interview at my university shortly thereafter. The interview involved fairly straightforward questions about my experiences. The interviewer had my resume in front of her and was taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2014.

The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

SLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I went to the career fair at my school and met with the recruiter from Grant Thornton. That week, I got a call for an on campus interview for their summer leadership program. A month later I got a call from the recruiter asking me to come into their office for an interview for an internship instead of the summer leadership program. I have no yet gone to the interview but I have high hopes... therefore on my "did you get an offer?" I will put no because I haven't finished with this whole process

Accountant Interview

HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Valuation Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

GT typically recruits on campus, sending currently employed alumni to deliver the presentations, collect resumes, and conduct on-campus interviews. Typically these occur two weeks or so before on-site interviews, which consist of approximately 4 half-hour interviews with managers, a service-line overview presentation, and lunch, wrapping up around 2:00-2:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • It depends which job role you're applying for. If you interested in the financial instruments aspect of the job, questions get pretty technical. Otherwise, interviews are purely behavioral and "why are you interested in the work" targeted.   Answer Question
    I got an offer the day of my interview and was given approximately three weeks to decide, although HR said I could take more time if I needed it. They are flexible with school requirements/career services offices.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied on their official site and through school career site. Got a response about a week and a half later and scheduled an interview for a few days after that.

First professional interview, felt really comfortable during the whole process. Started out with some "tell me about yourself" into basic behavioral questions.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,
    first interview with manager
    then case study
    then partner interview

none

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

It took about a week. I contacted a recruiter and she set me up with an Senior Associate. Being my first interview, I did not expect some of the questions. Phone interview: basic questions, be more professional over personal at all times. He was friendly and made me at ease, but not enough preparation. Asked tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, something about yourself not on the resume.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Applied through campus job fair. Process took around one month from initial interview to job offer. On campus interview was first. Following the on campus interview, I was invited to visit the office. At the office visit, met with several different people, ranging from manager to partner. Great experience overall.