Grant Thornton

Updated 21 Nov, 2014
Updated 21 Nov, 2014

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Fairly easy process. After being accepted for an interview there is a pre-interview reception the night before where you get the chance to network with professional staff. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and get some of your questions answered before the interview. Pretty standard 30-minute interview. Not high pressure at all.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

On campus interview the day after a pre-interview dinner. The first interview was with a manager for 30 minutes. He asked two behavioral questions, and then let me ask him a few questions. Next, I had another 30 minute interview with a partner. He asked a few specific questions about my resume and I elaborated upon them. Nothing out of the blue or super unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Superday where you have 3 interviews including a break and lunch. You are assigned a visit buddy who is a recent hire associate who takes you to your interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the process was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go against a set criteria, why you did so and what was the result.   View Answer

Audit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through school career website then was accepted to the 1st round interview one week later. It was a 30 minute interview with the GT recruiter. Quite a pleasant experience but didn't get offer to the next round.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

After speaking to recruiters at the my school's career fair, I applied to the Advisory Associate's position through my schools career website. I received an email 2 weeks later to schedule an on campus interview. The day of my interview, I was greeted by recently hired associates who socialized with the interview candidates. The process itself consisted of 2 back-to-back, half hour interviews. One was with a senior manager and the other was with a manager. There were specific questions about experiences on my resume as well as behavioral interview questions.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

The initial communication and discussions were well scheduled and the cadence was fast paced. Then interview fatigue set in, interview after interview was scheduled, asking for more time away from current job. Where GT falls down is feedback, follow up and follow through. Unresponsive was the reaction that I got, unanswered emails, unreturned voicemail messages, indications of availability and when the hiring manager was contacted, no answer. I am an adult, I am well versed at receiving feedback, but give it straigh away, don't hide and ignore people...that will tarnish your brand and harm your image for sure! If you are looking for more of the lackluster treatment that you receive working for the big 4, try this company on for size...ranked #5 and they wonder why! Their candidate experience ranks pretty low in my mind. I actually liked most of the people that I interacted with, but thankfully I got to see this hiring managers true colors before putting the brakes on the entire process and withdrawing. As an experienced professional, it's not worth my time to constantly be chasing people for answers...there are plenty of places to work that actually care about the people they interview and hire.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Overall pretty simple process applied by school carrer management got an email with an on campus interview. Had 2 40 minute interviews. Got another email for a office interview, i went had another 2 interviews with a couple of partners and got the call back for an offer within 2 day

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate thought the offer was good considering I have no experience

Business Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Started off with an on-campus career fair. From there I got invited to a pre-interview dinner where you were able to network with past interns and current staff. It was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere that wasn't intimidating at all. The next morning, those who were invited had an on-campus interview that was essentially your standard behavioral interview. All of the core questions were there. The interviewer for me was young and did a really good job at making the interview flow easily. After that I waited about a week and half before I heard from the main campus recruiter. She invited me to an office visit (Chicago Office) with final round interviews being conducted there as well. It spanned over two days. The first evening we were all taken to dinner downtown, where again, we were able to network and speak with current staff at the Grant Thornton office in Chicago. You then went back to the hotel they put you up in for the night. The following morning we were taken to the Chicago office where we had breakfast and a presentation. After this, the interviewees were broken up into their respective fields (BAS, Tax, Audit) and we learned a little more about what went on there. After that, you then went on to do two separate interviews which were largely behavioral based with one or two generic technicals. After this, we got lunch with some of the younger employees who were still recent to Grant Thornton and talked with them. That was pretty much it for the day.
    I ended up getting an offer about two weeks later, and was called by employees from the office in addition to my email.

None.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

I went through the campus website as well as their own to apply and got a 1st round interview. During the first round, I got an interviewer who looked like she didn't want to be there in the first place. She wasn't very friendly nor was she the best interviewer.