Grant Thornton Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
176 interviews

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,
    first interview with manager
    then case study
    then partner interview

none

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied on their official site and through school career site. Got a response about a week and a half later and scheduled an interview for a few days after that.

First professional interview, felt really comfortable during the whole process. Started out with some "tell me about yourself" into basic behavioral questions.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2013.

They wanted to see my personality and how I interact with people. They didn't ask any technical questions. Most

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about things on my resume and for me to explain them.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. A simple take-it or leave-it offer.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Applied through campus job fair. Process took around one month from initial interview to job offer. On campus interview was first. Following the on campus interview, I was invited to visit the office. At the office visit, met with several different people, ranging from manager to partner. Great experience overall.

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

It took about a week. I contacted a recruiter and she set me up with an Senior Associate. Being my first interview, I did not expect some of the questions. Phone interview: basic questions, be more professional over personal at all times. He was friendly and made me at ease, but not enough preparation. Asked tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, something about yourself not on the resume.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2010.

Interview process was standard. No "trick" questions were asked, nor was I placed on a project for which I didn't interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult manager or client, what you did about this difficult person, and what was the result.   Answer Question
    I negotiated aggressively (probably a little bit too aggressively), but at the time it seemed like they really needed my skills.

BAS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Forensic Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

It was an on campus interview and has a pre-night for you talk to various people in the company. The recruiters are very nice and the first round interview are common behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • First round is behavior questions, basically asking you why GT, why this position, why you, how can you fit into the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.