Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
Updated 20 Oct, 2014

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,
    first interview with manager
    then case study
    then partner interview

none

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

It took about a week. I contacted a recruiter and she set me up with an Senior Associate. Being my first interview, I did not expect some of the questions. Phone interview: basic questions, be more professional over personal at all times. He was friendly and made me at ease, but not enough preparation. Asked tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, something about yourself not on the resume.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Applied through campus job fair. Process took around one month from initial interview to job offer. On campus interview was first. Following the on campus interview, I was invited to visit the office. At the office visit, met with several different people, ranging from manager to partner. Great experience overall.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2014.

The process I went through was through the campus recruiting process. I applied on my campus career center website for the program and had an on campus interview a couple weeks after. It was pretty straightforward like many other accounting firms operate in terms of recruiting. I had networked before so that really helped in getting comfortable with the recruiter and being conversative.

FVS Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2014.

1st round phone interview by partner, very quick, he seems really busy and let me tell something about myself, then invite me to the on-site interview. only 10 minutes.
    2nd round on-site interview with 2 manager, 1 director and 1 partner, 30 mins each. Just talk.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, more like common conversation, no difficult or technique questions.   Answer Question

BAS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Associate Interview

Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question