Grant Thornton

Updated 7 Dec, 2014
Updated 7 Dec, 2014

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

BAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

There are three 30 minute interviews, I had one with the Partner for the Denver office, Senior Manager, and Manager. It then ended with a tour of the office. The office was very friendly and welcoming. I was reimbursed for the gas to get to the interview and the parking I payed for. Great view of Downtown and the Mountains!

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know a lot about the company. They didn't ask hard or unexpected questions however they did want to know why you wanted to work for them.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

First spoke to Grant Thorton at my university accounting open house and gave them a copy of my resume. Applied through the school website and did my campus interview and was invited to an office interview. I had my first interview, then had my second interview a week later, and received an offer 4 days after. (Including weekends)

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Fairly easy process. After being accepted for an interview there is a pre-interview reception the night before where you get the chance to network with professional staff. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and get some of your questions answered before the interview. Pretty standard 30-minute interview. Not high pressure at all.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

On campus interview the day after a pre-interview dinner. The first interview was with a manager for 30 minutes. He asked two behavioral questions, and then let me ask him a few questions. Next, I had another 30 minute interview with a partner. He asked a few specific questions about my resume and I elaborated upon them. Nothing out of the blue or super unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Superday where you have 3 interviews including a break and lunch. You are assigned a visit buddy who is a recent hire associate who takes you to your interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the process was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go against a set criteria, why you did so and what was the result.   View Answer

Audit Interview

Applied through school career website then was accepted to the 1st round interview one week later. It was a 30 minute interview with the GT recruiter. Quite a pleasant experience but didn't get offer to the next round.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

After speaking to recruiters at the my school's career fair, I applied to the Advisory Associate's position through my schools career website. I received an email 2 weeks later to schedule an on campus interview. The day of my interview, I was greeted by recently hired associates who socialized with the interview candidates. The process itself consisted of 2 back-to-back, half hour interviews. One was with a senior manager and the other was with a manager. There were specific questions about experiences on my resume as well as behavioral interview questions.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

The initial communication and discussions were well scheduled and the cadence was fast paced. Then interview fatigue set in, interview after interview was scheduled, asking for more time away from current job. Where GT falls down is feedback, follow up and follow through. Unresponsive was the reaction that I got, unanswered emails, unreturned voicemail messages, indications of availability and when the hiring manager was contacted, no answer. I am an adult, I am well versed at receiving feedback, but give it straigh away, don't hide and ignore people...that will tarnish your brand and harm your image for sure! If you are looking for more of the lackluster treatment that you receive working for the big 4, try this company on for size...ranked #5 and they wonder why! Their candidate experience ranks pretty low in my mind. I actually liked most of the people that I interacted with, but thankfully I got to see this hiring managers true colors before putting the brakes on the entire process and withdrawing. As an experienced professional, it's not worth my time to constantly be chasing people for answers...there are plenty of places to work that actually care about the people they interview and hire.