Grant Thornton

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details It took about a week. I contacted a recruiter and she set me up with an Senior Associate. Being my first interview, I did not expect some of the questions. Phone interview: basic questions, be more professional over personal at all times. He was friendly and made me at ease, but not enough preparation. Asked tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, something about yourself not on the resume.

Interview Question – Some about yourself not on the resume   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2010.

Interview Details Interview process was standard. No "trick" questions were asked, nor was I placed on a project for which I didn't interview.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult manager or client, what you did about this difficult person, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated aggressively (probably a little bit too aggressively), but at the time it seemed like they really needed my skills.

BAS Associate Interview

BAS Associate
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Question – None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Interview Details Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Interview Question – Why Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Forensic Intern Interview

Forensic Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Interview Details It was an on campus interview and has a pre-night for you talk to various people in the company. The recruiters are very nice and the first round interview are common behavior questions.

Interview Question – First round is behavior questions, basically asking you why GT, why this position, why you, how can you fit into the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details 1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Question – Tell me about your academic and career arch...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Question – Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Question – Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question