Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct, 2014
Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.7

Co-op Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I first had a mock interview with the recruiter organized through my university. Later, I was contacted by a staff accountant to do a telephone interview, a couple weeks later I was arranged to do another interview with both a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but the second interview was more tailored to resume and coverletter   Answer Question

Tax Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Interviewers were extremely pleasant. The whole process was very relaxed and casual. GT seemed to emphasize the team culture and work atmosphere as their strongest point. Most of the questions were focused on team skills and past experiences involving team involvement. In comparison to the Big 4 interviews, the interview with GT was very relaxed and overall more enjoyable. For the position being interviewed, they also stressed the importance of analytical skills along with client relationship building.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that you were given a die with 6 sides to roll X number of times. At some point whiling rolling, the die was secretly switched out with a loaded die that would double the chances to land on 1, 2, and 3. At what point while rolling would you notice that the die was loaded?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2012.

Interview process began with a telephone interview which lasted approximately one hour followed by an interview via video conference which last one and a half hours.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

Really professionals, no non sense. Hiring process was prompt

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

The interview process was more informal at first, then culminated by meeting with 3 of the senior staff as well as the recruiter. I really liked the fact that the process was focused on how I would fit with the team personally and professionally. They really respected the fact that I am capable of learning quickly and they were very honest about the work load I could expect. There was no sugar coating.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I had a first interview consisting of two 30 minute interviews with Tax Partners. I received an offer from a partner a few hours later. They invited me to do an office visit before I had to decide to accept or reject their offer. I went to the Chicago office and I was nice, but they are in the process of moving to a new office at a different location so my experience there is not as relevant. Overall it was a pretty fast and positive experience.

Chose a Big 4 Firm instead