Grant Thornton

Updated 22 Feb, 2015
Updated 22 Feb, 2015

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Co-op Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I first had a mock interview with the recruiter organized through my university. Later, I was contacted by a staff accountant to do a telephone interview, a couple weeks later I was arranged to do another interview with both a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but the second interview was more tailored to resume and coverletter   Answer Question

Tax Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Interviewers were extremely pleasant. The whole process was very relaxed and casual. GT seemed to emphasize the team culture and work atmosphere as their strongest point. Most of the questions were focused on team skills and past experiences involving team involvement. In comparison to the Big 4 interviews, the interview with GT was very relaxed and overall more enjoyable. For the position being interviewed, they also stressed the importance of analytical skills along with client relationship building.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that you were given a die with 6 sides to roll X number of times. At some point whiling rolling, the die was secretly switched out with a loaded die that would double the chances to land on 1, 2, and 3. At what point while rolling would you notice that the die was loaded?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Initial phone screening with very basic questions: why GT? why public accounting? Why tax? Followed by an in-person, panel interview with two managers (very laid back). Went over resume together and talked about the role. The last round was a case study that had to be prepared in advance and presented during a 1 hour meeting. Fairly basic. Just show your enthusiasm for the company and the role, which I lacked.

Interview Questions
    • Might ask a random question you are not expecting to see how agile you are.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2012.

Interview process began with a telephone interview which lasted approximately one hour followed by an interview via video conference which last one and a half hours.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

Really professionals, no non sense. Hiring process was prompt