Grant Thornton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Interview Details Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to deal with a conflict?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Question – All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was more informal at first, then culminated by meeting with 3 of the senior staff as well as the recruiter. I really liked the fact that the process was focused on how I would fit with the team personally and professionally. They really respected the fact that I am capable of learning quickly and they were very honest about the work load I could expect. There was no sugar coating.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Question – What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

Interview Details Really professionals, no non sense. Hiring process was prompt

Interview Question – As mentioned above questions were professional.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Halifax, NS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2012.

Interview Details Interview process began with a telephone interview which lasted approximately one hour followed by an interview via video conference which last one and a half hours.

Interview Question – What special benefits did my current employer offer?   Answer Question

Audit Summer Interview

Audit Summer
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Interview Details Campus Job Fair = initial meeting. Apply online through campus hiring website - Resume, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcript. Meal with recruiters and other applicants the night before interviews began. On Campus interview with one manager. Second Round interview at office - dinner the night before, next day was a full day of interactions. It began with a breakfast, then speakers on each practice type, then three interviews, then a lunch.

Interview Question – All of the questions were really based off of my resume, asking what something meant or how involved I was, and behavioral questions - how I would react to something or what I typically do in a certain situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation. Intern offers for accounting are fairly standard no matter where you go.

Very Easy Interview

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details Very easy met with 3 people for about 25-30 minutes each and was called back the following week and received an offer. Everyone was very friendly and people around the office were great.

Interview Question – Straight forward. Basically walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward.

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Interview Details Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Question – You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!