Grant Thornton Interview Questions

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • All regular questions. Basically a walk through your resume, with behavioral questions such as tell me about a time when you were criticized by a client/manager. It seems that they are very concerned about one's ability to interact with clients.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2011.

The interview process was more informal at first, then culminated by meeting with 3 of the senior staff as well as the recruiter. I really liked the fact that the process was focused on how I would fit with the team personally and professionally. They really respected the fact that I am capable of learning quickly and they were very honest about the work load I could expect. There was no sugar coating.

Accountant Interview

Initial screening phase began with HR representative that conducted a phone interview that took 20 minutes. After passing that phase was invited to interview in person with a senior manager and partner at the university campus. Interview was very informal and did not feel the pressure of a regular interview. After the interview, was contacted via telephone of offer. People at Grant Thornton are very friendly and have a a down-to-earth culture that is not too corporate.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do during a time in your life where everything went wrong? and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

Really professionals, no non sense. Hiring process was prompt

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2012.

Interview process began with a telephone interview which lasted approximately one hour followed by an interview via video conference which last one and a half hours.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2011.

The hiring process is very simple you just need to apply online and the HR Team will go through your CV. Once you have cleared you resume you will be receive a call. If you are through to interview an offer letter will be given you and you are in.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Standard

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied through campus online. Then I had a campus interview then it was followed up by an office visit with a group dinner the night before. There were multiple interviews with Senior Associates then an interview with a partner. I received the offer within 24 hours of the last interview. The company is great and I loved it.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly basic, just be knowledgeable about current accounting issues.   Answer Question

Financial situation changed where I had to graduate prematurely and pursue a full time job while short of hours for the CPA exam.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!