Grant Thornton Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
  • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Applied through university recruitment. Initial round of interview was behavior questions. In second round of interview there were more technical types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when there was ambiguities in you work and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I began the hiring process by submitting my resume through the school's online career managment website. Most large and regional accounting firms attend Accouting Career Fairs during the fall, usually August/September. I approached Grant Thornton during the Career Fair and spoke with one of the recruiters. I had already submitted my resume on-line but I gave the recruiter a copy as well. I asked a few questions about the firm and what the culture was like. I also added a little background information about myself and why I was interested in the firm. Time spent talking to the recruiter at the career fair lasted approximately 5 to 10 minutes.

A few weeks later I received an email from my school saying I had been granted an on-campus interview. This interview lasted approx. 30 to 45 minutes. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were behavioral in nature, such as:
    "Tell me about an experience you had working in a difficult team environment and how you handled the situation". We spent a few minutes introducing ourselves and getting to know a little more about our background.

2 weeks after the on-campus interview, I received an email from GT saying I had been granted an office visit. This interview lasted approx. 3-4 hours. I was interviewed by two people, had a tour of the office, and went to lunch with several people from the firm. Again, most of the quesitons were behavioral and the interviewers wanted to know why I wanted to work for GT. After the office visit was over, one of the Partners that I had interviewed with that day pulled me aside and told me the firm was impressed with me and I would be receiving an offer letter in the mail within a few day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is your greatest strenght and how does this skill translate to a professional services environment.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. I received an offer letter in the mail shortly after my office visit. I believe the offer was valid for 10 days and then would expire.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in June 2012.

They had the most well designed system of hiring and the way they conducted the test.
    Interview was very natural and they focus on the employees abilities as well as attributes. The environment within the organization was very ethical.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2012.

Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2012.

On campus interview with manager, which was pretty basic behavioral type of questions. Invited to office for super day and interviewed with 3 different levels (manager, senior, and partner)

None