Government of Canada Policy Analyst Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Government of Canada.

usually written exam, then interview, then reference check, then another interview to see if fit the position. Usually really long process.

Other Interview Reviews for Government of Canada

Policy Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a year or more - interviewed at Government of Canada.

Crazy convoluted hiring process that takes over a year. Managed to get though the test (although I failed many in other competitions first). Interview was 5 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had two conflicting choices and had to use your judgement to move forward?   Answer Question
    There wasn't one, you accepted whatever was offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Government of Canada in May 2009.

Panel interview against 15 people. Two of us were hired for 4 months to compete against each other. one of us was hired on a full time basis. There was a phone interview, followed by two months of wiating for a one on one interview. They also performed background checks which prevented me from working there for a month.

Interview Questions
    • What are your opinions on the duty to democracy and parliament under a minority government. I thought it was an odd question, and have no idea if I answered it right.   Answer Question
    I negotiated to get into an accelerated promotion program, but there was no room to negoiate starting salary.

Policy Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Government of Canada in April 2009.

Test, then group interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Government of Canada? Contribute to the Community!