Google

Average Difficulty
3,032 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in April 2014.

Interview Details I was initially sent an email by a recruiter asking if I am interested in a role at Google. If so, I should provide contact details for him to call and discuss the type of role he had in mind. I showed interest and was duly contacted. I was explained what kind of a role they were looking to hire people for. I have always been in the academic field studying away for my degrees so the chance at my very first interview (esp. at Google) got me to say yes. Next I was allowed to choose a time that suited me for a technical interview (via phone and google docs) for which I was prepared in terms of knowledge but very unprepared in terms of the process of the interview.

Interview Question – Standard algorithm design questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details The recruiter told me the complete interview process I may go through. He also asked me of my location preference globally, sent me the interview tips which cover a lot of basic knowledge/question for google software engineer interview, such as algorithm and data structure.

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter. Had a very pleasant experience with the process. They send you all the information you need to prepare, books, knowledge points, videos etc. However I did not study very hard and did not pass the phone interview. The question was a basic one if you studied leetcode or CC150 once or twice it would be fairly simple but I did not study at that time. The interviewer was very friendly as well.

Interview Question – A common problem from leetcode/CC150/any algorithm book.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details I applied online via Google website and a recruiter contacted me one day after, and scheduled the phone interview for two weeks later. After a while I was forced to postpone the interview time because of some unexpected stuff, Afterwards they scheduled the interview to one week later at local time midnight, which was really weird for me, but I finally accepted the time and day of interview. At the day of interview, interviewer called me at midnight, and he was surprised of interview time as well, but we decided to continue and he asked only some coding questions during almost one hour interview.

Interview Question – Most unexpected thing was that interviewer wasn't friendly at all.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. HR phone interview a week later, then technical phone interview 4 weeks later. Asked me to write a code for the "Fill with color" tool functionality in MS Paint or Photoshop.

Interview Question – write a code for the "Fill with color" tool functionality in MS Paint or Photoshop.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Interview Details only phone interviews. Did very well, but haven't been interviewed on-site. I think something related to the role pre-requisitis was behind I didn't get it. the recruiters were very friendly, and the interviewers were very friendly, however, I should check role requirements more throughly before proceeding with my application.

Interview Question – how to search a heap with recursion.   View Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Software Engineer In Test

I applied online - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details Get a 45 min tel interview. The phone signal was not good. I only worked out three questions and I think my answers are not very good. Should prepare with more algorithm questions.

Interview Question – Find all substrings of a palindrome string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiting staff member at the end of my last semester of university. She was very nice and described the interview process with a lot of details. She also sent me a lot of useful information to get me prepared for the interview.

Interview Question – I have been told not to share the interview question. Sorry. :(   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Applied through website. Contacted by email to setup time for phone call with HR. After this have been trying to setup a time for a phone interview with a project manager. Has been several weeks of scheduling.

Interview Question – Why google?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in October 2011.

Interview Details Contacted by an recruiter through email and scheduled an onsite interview

Interview Question – One question is regarding coding skills and one is regarding algorithm design. The later one is about graph and is difficult. Didn't figure out the solution myself. The interviewer is nice and offered lots of hints.   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!