Google Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
3,188 Interview Reviews

3.5

Software Developer Interview

Interviewed on campus, then recieved two phone screens on google hangouts. Unfortunately, I did not pass this stage of the process due a very tricky design question. Each interview was 45 minutes long but there was time at the end to ask questions

Interview Questions
    • How to sort a linked list.
      How to find three sorted numbers in an array.
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

the process was quick, and the people were very friendly. They would ask general questions to see if you are a fit in their group. Be geniune and express why you want to work for the company and what you can add to the firm.

Front-End Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in September 2014.

My interview process was a bit short-lived, but this may be helpful nonetheless.

The Google recruiter, who was very sweet, mentioned that the first interview would be full of software engineer questions and she gave me a handy list of topics to study. I only had about three days, so I studied that topic list to death, expecting questions ranging from operating systems p-threads, through to algorithm design and graph theory.

The first interview had a strong combination of JS topical questions, mixed with very few questions about data structures and then an ultimate coding question. This last question was heavier, though lots of time was given. Definitely thought I did very well on the beginning of the interview, but that last question was a killer for me.

Didn't get a second interview (received a response about a week later), but I felt the process was okay up to that point. I was incredibly nervous but after having taken the first interview, I realized that it was all built up and in my head. The questions were not difficult if basics were studied and they gave you a Google Doc to show you know what you're talking about.

Software Engineer Interview

The recruiter told me the complete interview process I may go through. He also asked me of my location preference globally, sent me the interview tips which cover a lot of basic knowledge/question for google software engineer interview, such as algorithm and data structure.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had a very pleasant experience with the process. They send you all the information you need to prepare, books, knowledge points, videos etc. However I did not study very hard and did not pass the phone interview. The question was a basic one if you studied leetcode or CC150 once or twice it would be fairly simple but I did not study at that time. The interviewer was very friendly as well.

Interview Questions
    • A common problem from leetcode/CC150/any algorithm book.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

I applied online via Google website and a recruiter contacted me one day after, and scheduled the phone interview for two weeks later. After a while I was forced to postpone the interview time because of some unexpected stuff, Afterwards they scheduled the interview to one week later at local time midnight, which was really weird for me, but I finally accepted the time and day of interview. At the day of interview, interviewer called me at midnight, and he was surprised of interview time as well, but we decided to continue and he asked only some coding questions during almost one hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected thing was that interviewer wasn't friendly at all.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. HR phone interview a week later, then technical phone interview 4 weeks later. Asked me to write a code for the "Fill with color" tool functionality in MS Paint or Photoshop.

Interview Questions
    • write a code for the "Fill with color" tool functionality in MS Paint or Photoshop.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

only phone interviews. Did very well, but haven't been interviewed on-site. I think something related to the role pre-requisitis was behind I didn't get it. the recruiters were very friendly, and the interviewers were very friendly, however, I should check role requirements more throughly before proceeding with my application.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting staff member at the end of my last semester of university. She was very nice and described the interview process with a lot of details. She also sent me a lot of useful information to get me prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I have been told not to share the interview question. Sorry. :(   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Recruiter approached me through linked in; followed by two phone interviews with the recruiter. The recruiter was nice and everything are smooth. A online coding interview is arranged two weeks later. There were no warm up talking about the coding interview. The interviewee seems not knowing anything about my background. I am a low level software developer. The coding questions are on high level design patterns and classes that I am not familiar with. Therefore, I spend more time than I expected. In the end, although the interviewer agree that my approaches are in correct direction, I know that I can not pass this round of interview.

Interview Questions
    • No much experience in the libraries they want me to use.   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!