Google Interview Questions & Reviews

3,119 interviews

3.5

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Recruiter approached me through linked in; followed by two phone interviews with the recruiter. The recruiter was nice and everything are smooth. A online coding interview is arranged two weeks later. There were no warm up talking about the coding interview. The interviewee seems not knowing anything about my background. I am a low level software developer. The coding questions are on high level design patterns and classes that I am not familiar with. Therefore, I spend more time than I expected. In the end, although the interviewer agree that my approaches are in correct direction, I know that I can not pass this round of interview.

Interview Questions
    • No much experience in the libraries they want me to use.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in April 2014.

I was initially sent an email by a recruiter asking if I am interested in a role at Google. If so, I should provide contact details for him to call and discuss the type of role he had in mind. I showed interest and was duly contacted. I was explained what kind of a role they were looking to hire people for. I have always been in the academic field studying away for my degrees so the chance at my very first interview (esp. at Google) got me to say yes. Next I was allowed to choose a time that suited me for a technical interview (via phone and google docs) for which I was prepared in terms of knowledge but very unprepared in terms of the process of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

The recruiter told me the complete interview process I may go through. He also asked me of my location preference globally, sent me the interview tips which cover a lot of basic knowledge/question for google software engineer interview, such as algorithm and data structure.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had a very pleasant experience with the process. They send you all the information you need to prepare, books, knowledge points, videos etc. However I did not study very hard and did not pass the phone interview. The question was a basic one if you studied leetcode or CC150 once or twice it would be fairly simple but I did not study at that time. The interviewer was very friendly as well.

Interview Questions
    • A common problem from leetcode/CC150/any algorithm book.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

I applied online via Google website and a recruiter contacted me one day after, and scheduled the phone interview for two weeks later. After a while I was forced to postpone the interview time because of some unexpected stuff, Afterwards they scheduled the interview to one week later at local time midnight, which was really weird for me, but I finally accepted the time and day of interview. At the day of interview, interviewer called me at midnight, and he was surprised of interview time as well, but we decided to continue and he asked only some coding questions during almost one hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected thing was that interviewer wasn't friendly at all.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. HR phone interview a week later, then technical phone interview 4 weeks later. Asked me to write a code for the "Fill with color" tool functionality in MS Paint or Photoshop.

Interview Questions
    • write a code for the "Fill with color" tool functionality in MS Paint or Photoshop.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Google.

only phone interviews. Did very well, but haven't been interviewed on-site. I think something related to the role pre-requisitis was behind I didn't get it. the recruiters were very friendly, and the interviewers were very friendly, however, I should check role requirements more throughly before proceeding with my application.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Get a 45 min tel interview. The phone signal was not good. I only worked out three questions and I think my answers are not very good. Should prepare with more algorithm questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting staff member at the end of my last semester of university. She was very nice and described the interview process with a lot of details. She also sent me a lot of useful information to get me prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I have been told not to share the interview question. Sorry. :(   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Applied through website. Contacted by email to setup time for phone call with HR. After this have been trying to setup a time for a phone interview with a project manager. Has been several weeks of scheduling.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!