Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014

3.3

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2013.

two phone calls, then an in person meeting. only made it to the second phone call, a bunch of coding problems in different languages. Wasn't ready to program in C++, had to write pseudocode instead of actual C++.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in May 2011.

There were 2 rounds of interview. First, there was a 2 hour technical interview, 1 hr each with two engineers. In the second round, I was to meet with the Head of the Montreal office. It was supposed to be a non-technical interview, but it turned out to be highly technical. In all three interviews, I was asked to solve interesting programming problems.

Interview Questions
    • Enumerating all possible combination of dictionary words to that can be formed in a 4x4 grid of characters such that subsequent characters in the word is adjacent in the grid.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Google in May 2011.

Applied online, received an email after 3 months, did a online interview after a week

Interview Questions
    • What is the optimized version of the knn algorithm?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

The process took a day - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

There were two interviews. The first interviewer asked about a path finding problem. The second was on linked list.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

The Interview Process was grueling. What I was initially told was that I would perform two interviews: One technical over the phone, and then if they liked me I would fly out to California for a final interview at the Google Campus. This process however was dragged out to a total of 4 technical interviews that left me exhausted and completely disinterested in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Can we call you back for another interview?   View Answer

The process was more than outlined and was not something I would recommend

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google.

I applied online, with just a CV and no cover letter (and I hate cover letters, so I was thrilled).
    A recruiter called me back and after some quick questions to check my background and motivation, he took the time to describe the interview process, the criteria I would be judged on and sent me some links to prepare my interview (mostly about Google products, it's pages you can find yourself browsing their career website).
    I had two phone interviews of 30 min, with questions on my experiences, behavioral questions and some to test my quantitative skills.
    After this, it went quite quickly and the recruiter always informed me of where the discussion was.

There were 5 interviews:
    -Outsourced Recruiting company (Cia de Talentos)
    -English interview with an outsourced english teacher
    -HR at Google (on site)
    -Manager Interview #1 (Hangout)
    -Manager Interview #2 (Hangout)

There is no silver bullet. You have to prepare yourself a lot, on topics like:
    -Logic thinking and critical reasoning
    -How Google makes money
    -Google Products, especially AdWords
    -Yourself: how does your previous experiences qualifies you for the job; how your values fits with the company's (there is no liying here. Literally be yourself, they will notice if you don't)

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of queries at Google's Search Engine in Brazil for the expression "English Language School"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
    • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Questions
    • I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!