Google

82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Victoria, BC

I interviewed at Google in May 2013.

Interview Details I sent my resume, but they did not accept.

Interview Question – I didn't have questions.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Google in May 2011.

Interview Details Applied online, received an email after 3 months, did a online interview after a week

Interview Question – What is the optimized version of the knn algorithm?   View Answer

Montreal, QC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Google in May 2011.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds of interview. First, there was a 2 hour technical interview, 1 hr each with two engineers. In the second round, I was to meet with the Head of the Montreal office. It was supposed to be a non-technical interview, but it turned out to be highly technical. In all three interviews, I was asked to solve interesting programming problems.

Interview Question – Enumerating all possible combination of dictionary words to that can be formed in a 4x4 grid of characters such that subsequent characters in the word is adjacent in the grid.   View Answer

Montreal, QC

The process took a day - interviewed at Google in March 2011.

Interview Details There were two interviews. The first interviewer asked about a path finding problem. The second was on linked list.

Interview Questions

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied on the last day possible. Heard back mid-March, had two Google hangout interviews. Recruiters were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – 3 advantages of adwords.   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Interview Details Referred through a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter pretty quickly and phone interview was scheduled in 2 weeks. First interviewer asked general questions about data structures and things, no programming or real algorithm writing. Second had me write some algorithms.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details I got 2 back-to-back 45 minutes interviews. I think I was a bit too slow on answering the questions, and I got completely flustered when asked if I had any questions at the end of the first interview (don't do that, prepare questions, such what the interviewer works on and how he likes Google etc.).
I did sign an NDA, so I won't say what the questions were, though they did cover BSTs, binary search, finding intersection. I also explained how mergesort works (and I didn't do it as naturally as I should have).

Interview Question – Probabilities. I was not expecting probabilities, and I needed a lot of help to land on the correct solution.
I was also not really expecting the "tell me about yourself" type of question, though looking back, I should have.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – Basic questions about C, strlen and sizeof function   Answer Question

Interviewed at Google

Interview Details Process took 3 months, I had about 4 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Describe your fave Google product   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Google in February 2014.

Interview Details Submitted my resume with an internal reference, then two general technical interviews, and then three placement interviews. All interviews are on the phone.

Interview Question – A question regarding how to make neural networks scalable with larger datasets   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is quite direct.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Google

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google Intern interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Google employees and interview candidates.