Google

Updated 15 Dec, 2014

3.3

103 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2013.

two phone calls, then an in person meeting. only made it to the second phone call, a bunch of coding problems in different languages. Wasn't ready to program in C++, had to write pseudocode instead of actual C++.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Google in May 2011.

There were 2 rounds of interview. First, there was a 2 hour technical interview, 1 hr each with two engineers. In the second round, I was to meet with the Head of the Montreal office. It was supposed to be a non-technical interview, but it turned out to be highly technical. In all three interviews, I was asked to solve interesting programming problems.

Interview Questions
    • Enumerating all possible combination of dictionary words to that can be formed in a 4x4 grid of characters such that subsequent characters in the word is adjacent in the grid.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in May 2011.

Applied online, received an email after 3 months, did a online interview after a week

Interview Questions
    • What is the optimized version of the knn algorithm?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in March 2011.

There were two interviews. The first interviewer asked about a path finding problem. The second was on linked list.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter 2 months ago. Then there was an initial phone-screen with HR. After that I was asked to fill a questionnaire about my background and preferences. Technical interviews were held at Google Hangouts - 2 interviews one by one. Interviewers were very friendly and ready to help. I don't know yet if I passed them or not.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about binary trees, bit representation, probability theory.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I Apply in school career fair. After few days, I get e-mail for arranging interviews. First I need to fill out some forms and send out possible interview times. Two 45 minutes back to back interviews was arranged, one focus on technical skills another focus on research. After two days, received e-mail for arranging another technical interview. Two weeks after second interview, received rejection e-mail.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Got referred. Phone interview came after a few weeks, got back quickly. Questions in a mix of Python and C, mostly basic algorithms but also some systems questions that I got, but wasn't really expecting to hear. Overall not bad. Preparation definitely helps for the algorithms questions though.

Intern Interview

Applied online by submitting resume. Straightforward process involving two phone screens. Afterwards there was an intern-host matching process. Overall the process took about three months including the host matching process.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I participated an event at university and got an email to apply on-line. After a month, contacted by a recruiter and scheduled phone interviews. Two interviews on the same day.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I had three phone interviews back to back. The interviewers seemed very friendly. Each interview was technical. The coding questions asked were straight forward. I would say out of the three on of the questions really stumped me. However, the interviewer was very helpful in trying to help me understand the question and produce an answer.