Google

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2013.

two phone calls, then an in person meeting. only made it to the second phone call, a bunch of coding problems in different languages. Wasn't ready to program in C++, had to write pseudocode instead of actual C++.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Google in May 2011.

There were 2 rounds of interview. First, there was a 2 hour technical interview, 1 hr each with two engineers. In the second round, I was to meet with the Head of the Montreal office. It was supposed to be a non-technical interview, but it turned out to be highly technical. In all three interviews, I was asked to solve interesting programming problems.

Interview Questions
    • Enumerating all possible combination of dictionary words to that can be formed in a 4x4 grid of characters such that subsequent characters in the word is adjacent in the grid.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in May 2011.

Applied online, received an email after 3 months, did a online interview after a week

Interview Questions
    • What is the optimized version of the knn algorithm?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in March 2011.

There were two interviews. The first interviewer asked about a path finding problem. The second was on linked list.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I studied for a month. I am only a sophomore: the questions I was asked were hard for my level of coding. It was quite disappointing. I had a phone interview with two google employees. The first phone call was nice but I was not able to finish coding. The second call was horrendous. As we were sharing the google doc, I saw roughly 10-15 people go on to look at what I was working on. In addition to that, the interviewer had me on speaker. The speaker sucked and I kept hearing my own voice echo back at me. So it was nearly impossible to hear my interviewer over my echo. Whenever I asked my interviewer to repeat what he said because I couldn't hear, he would answer back with an attitude. The interviewer was rude. The question was also difficult and I answered it inefficiently. It was awful and I wish that I never have such a bad interview experience in the future.

Interview Questions
    • return the deepest node in a binary tree.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I submit the resume online and got the email within 2 weeks, And made a schedule for phone interview. there are 2 interviews in a row and with 2 different engineer for 30 min each. It was technical interview and generally I feel that they are so professional of the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

It was two phone interviews after I submitted my CV through a recruiter. The interviews were done 2 months after I submitted my CV. One interviewer was very comfortable to talk with, but the other was so quiet and did not give me timely feedbacks.

Interview Questions
    • They were technical questions regarding basic computer science like recursion and trees. It was important to figure out that the question was about recursion. I cannot reveal the questions here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Referred by a friend. Interview set up a month in advance. 3 phone interviews, all technical. Typical interview questions that required use of various data structures, nothing unexpected. First two interviewers were nice and helpful, relatively easy questions. Third interviewer was rather dull and gave a question that had no answer, nor did he help in giving hints (nearly silence on the other end).

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

I applied online on google careers website and got response in less than two hours. The recruiter asked me a date for three technical phone screen interviews in a row.
    The experience was really positive as it made me study and develop data structures from scratch. I didn't receive any feedback about my performance, just a notice that they will not move on with the process.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions involving data structures and algorithms - these involved code - and a discussion about scalability.   Answer Question