Goodwill

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

AmeriCorps Member/Career Center Facilitator Interview

Valdosta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2011.

Interview Details I filled out an online profile and application through the AmeriCorps website that was sent to this organization. In addition to the AmeriCorps application, I filled out an application to the organization itself for the AmeriCorps position with my resume and cover letter attached. After a week or so I was called to schedule an interview. I was called back a week later with an offer to take the AmeriCorps position at this particular organization. Before starting, I had to fill out some paperwork for AmeriCorps and different paperwork for Goodwill. I also had to take a drug test for Goodwill (this was a requirement to work with Goodwill Industries, but is not necessarily a requirement for other AmeriCorps positions at other non-profit organizations).

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a valuable asset to our Career Center team?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Florence, SC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview process went well. The inquiry regarding employment was timely replied. Further interview was scheduled with few communications. They explained the job profile very well with all job responsibilities and the work environment. The interview was mostly formal and discussion based for this position, however lacks the technical questions that I was expecting about the HR functionality and corporate's long term goal.

Interview Question – Not much technical questions asked. The interview was not planed or structured properly.   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in July 2013.

Interview Details One interview with store manager. Usually tells you how the company works and how it helps programs. Then asks about experience and team work.

Interview Question – None that I know of except just explaining experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2013.

Interview Details completed application in person and had interview at the same time with the store manager;; she was nice and seemed supportive; had the feeling she was honest with me and would give me opportunity to learn even though I did not have a great deal of experience; said she would let me know within a couple of days and she did offering me the job.

Interview Question – if hired, how long would you plan working for us?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Processor Interview

Processor

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details I applied online and then I went to a job fair where I was interviewed and then I was scheduled for a second follow-up interview.

Interview Question – Why are you here?   Answer Question

Antigo, WI (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2011.

Interview Details The Goodwill hires for 10 to 15 hours per week to start. They change your schedule every week so completely it makes it impossible to work a second job. This is why ALL their employees are on some sort of state assistance. In the break room they have information on how to apply for all kinds of assistance, paid for by the tax payers. This is ridiculous since it is owned by Goldman Sachs. If you doubt this I would be happy to forward you my retirement benefits paperwork to prove it.

Interview Question – The interviews are extremely simple and shallow, since most of the time the position has already actually been filled by a friend or relative who has not yet signed the W_2.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation you take the 10 or 15 hours a week or you don't, their is no option.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2014.

Interview Details Two telephone interviews. Then interview with retails ales department. Then interview with HR and Director of Operations. Common interview questions. Why Goodwill? Describe your typical workday.

Interview Question – How did you help a co worker advance within the company   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call later that day about coming in for an interview the following day. They asked really simple questions about previous work experience but it was overall very laid back. She helped on questions I stumbled on and was a very nice lady. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What is a goal you accomplished?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. 8.75 an hour.

Employment Program Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details Applied online. Received a phone call/screening about a week later. I was called later that day to schedule an interview. The first interview was a 1:2 interview with the President and VP of Workforce Development. The interview was standard questions, it lasted about an hour and a half. The President was very engaging with the question constantly asking follow up questions based on my responses; the VP stuck to the standard questions/responses. Was asked to produce a writing sample a few days later. The writing sample was a mock employment/training program. My references were checked a few days later. I didn't hear back from them so I followed up with a phone call a week later and was invited for a second interview. The second interview was with the VP of Workforce Development and the VP of Human Services. The second interview questions were standard, some of them were already asked during the first interview. I received a very impersonal email the following day from HR notifying me that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Fairly standard. "What is your greatest weakness?"   Answer Question

Regional Operations Manager Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in December 2012.

Interview Details Great interview and hiring process. All standardized and straight forward. Great manager and team for the interview process. Was a quick and informed process.

Interview Question – What is the mission statement. I just could get it all memorized to come out with it naturally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They was straight forward with the new opening they was looking into and asked if I would like to accept it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill