Goodwill

Updated 21 Feb, 2015
Updated 21 Feb, 2015

2.3

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2015.

Applied online. Seven days later was Interviewed over the phone. Start to finish about 15 minutes. Interviewer came across as being rushed. Talked fast and did not allow me to complete sentences before moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? What is a good reason to miss work? Do you prefer a steady or fast paced day.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Applied online, got a call for an interview a week later. Interview went well lots of tell me a time when questions. Make sure to review answers before going in for the interview. got a job offer, took a drug test & i have you go to an 8 hour orientation tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Weaknesses?
      A time when you provided good customer service?
      Why is customer service important?
      Why do you want to work at goodwill?

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Applied online by making a profile & submitting resume. Got a call for an interview a little over a month later for the next Monday.

Arrived about 15 minutes early & was able to see the Store Manager & Hiring Manager soon as I got there. Very easy going interview. Usual questions like "What experience do you have?" "What is good customer service to you?" "Why should we choose you?"

Interviews lasted about 5 minutes then I was asked to sit in the break room for a few minutes. When I was called back into the office they had my offer of contingency ready for me to sign. A little later in the week I was called to go to the clinic to take my drug test. Once the results came back about a week later I set up to attend the next orientation class the next week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You start at minimum wage which was 8.00 at the time & 9.00 now.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in December 2014.

I filled out an application online, was called some time later from the regional office and asked if I wanted a job and when I answered I need a job, I was told to start in the store on a certain day. I guess they just look at my past experience on my application and thought I would fit.

Interview Questions
    • Would I agree to a low base hourly amount.   View Answer
    Take what they were offering, and since I was in a financial bind I had to accept.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

First had to apply online and pick a day for a pre-screen interview. After a week, I followed up by asking the store for another interview. Luckily, they were interviewing and I had called and asked once more. They then scheduled me to come in a couple days later and that week I was hired and given information about training.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you demonstrated above and beyond excellence?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

quick and efficient interviews. Proper questions asked. No personal questions asked. Very polite, sharing what the job consist of and expectations of the position. Great knowledge of company and all the benefits they offer. Shared history and planed goals for future.

Easy and comfortable.

A/P Specialist Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager 2 weeks after applying for the job. Next I invited to complete a form. This form was a document they used before selecting the candidate they want to bring in for the interview. Take your time and answer questions properly. Next was the interview, then lunch with the team. Sounds lengthy but it took mayb 6 weeks at most. Corporate is extremely fast pace.....

Interview Questions
    Do your research...because their expanding their budget is pretty tight. If you ask for more make sure you are worth it!

Production Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Very strange. Management clearly did not have recruiting experience. Asked the basic interview questions and walked me around the warehouse. I talked with another asst manager. At the end of the interview I had the job without even knowing it.

none

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

I had to submit a resume, and answer some questions online. I then got a call asking me to come in for an interview. At the store before the interview I had to fill out a sheet that had my availability to work on it. Then they took me to a back room where the interviewer asked questions about when and for how long I would be able to work, why I wanted the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about why I put down the availability that I did, which was sometimes kind of hard to answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

Done by store manager. She admitted she hates to do any HR. I only got the job because I pestered her for three weeks. After hired, I became the HR manager because I am able to actually interact with other humans.

Interview Questions
    • None. She read from a script and with a good imagination, I became a superstar.   Answer Question
    None. I needed a job. Things are tough here in Maine!