Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep, 2014
Updated 22 Sep, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Applied online. Got a call back like a week later. Went in for the interview and manager asked me questions about past experiences such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and what was the outcome" He asked me multiple questions like this. We went over my job experience and he asked the usual interview questions and told me he would call me if I got the job. I didnt hear from them for about 1 week and thought that I didnt get the job. Eventually manager called and said that they would like to hire me because there 1st choice for the job didnt go through. I accepted the job and he told me that I would need to wait for my background check to clear and that it would take about a week. I was nervous about my background check because I had gotten into trouble with the law when I was a minor. So the manager called and told me that my background check cleared and they need me to fill out all the paperwork. Going to start working this week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Donor Specialist Interview

It was very simple and basically hassle free. Background check. The Donor Specialist position is not a management job, so the hiring process for this position was extremely simple. I really don't have any other input, they just want to make sure that a person is physically able to perform this job due to heavy lifting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as this is not a management position. The main question seemed to deal with honesty. As a Donor Specialist, especially at an independent location, there's the concern of theft.   Answer Question

Workforce Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

I completed the online application and received a call back for a face to face interview. I received a call back maybe a few weeks later for a face to face interview. Basic 1:1 interview with the manager.

Sales Clerk Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

app for another location called saying they had an opening else where. Went in for interview few days later. Normal question asked, said they had like 8 other people so no clue why they even bother to call me when i app for some where else. Been two month and no call back. See they are hiring for the same job NOT going to reapply.

Interview Questions
    • Just wanted to know if i could drive and work the hours.   Answer Question

Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

Applied online, I got a call back within a week. Interview was at the headquarters in Denver. I waited about 20 minutes until I actually got interviewed. The room I was interviewed in wasn't a very appropriate setting, the lady was wearing dirty jeans and a old t-shirt, and the room was filled with junk and there was trash all over place. Wearing slacks and a button up dress shirt was obviously too much for this interview. The questions were straightforward, and about a month later, I still have not received a call back letting me know if I got the job or not. No worries, I've gotten plenty of better job offers since then.

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very fast. My first initial contact was a phone interview and next was a face to face interview with the store manager and assistant manager. I was hired the same day as my interview. The process was great and interviewers were very professional.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2014.

Applied for the regional bookstore about one month ago, and never heard anything, and coming in person didn't really help. Then, after the month, I got a phone call (and in-office interview) from a regional manager who manages 16 stores in the area. Clearly a very busy person, but he was easy to talk to. Asked a few general questions about prior history, education, etc, and through showing general competence and intelligence, was hired on the spot. The interview was simple, just the two of us, and the other workers seemed pretty down-on-their-luck, but friendly. It's not hard to get hired if you are willing to work hard(ish).

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favourite movie, and why?" Oddball question, but definitely simple.   View Answer

Honestly, he prefaced hiring me by saying "the place where you will be working is basically a 'testosterone-fest'. It's only men working there, and it's hard labor, and it's hard to keep up with demand for your time," and also inferred that people tend to screw off because he didn't want you on your phone just because he wasn't there. I was uncomfortable with everything he said about the location, so told him I would come in two days later for paperwork, and called him the next day to turn it down. He was really nice and offered several other possibilities to make me more comfortable, but it wasn't worth it to me. It would have been a really hard sell to get me to take the job. But he was really nice.

Industrial Engineer Interview

pretalk interview, face to face interview, second round face to face interview

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2014.

I had two interviews. One withing the store with the Store Manager, and another with a career empoyment specialist. Upon initial job offer you must go to a career orientation at the corporate office and take a drug test, physical, and then go through the basic reviews and videos for the company.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know what you have to bring to the table.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

The people there are very nice/laid-back and helped with the questions i got stuck on