Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
Updated 13 Apr, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill (Tujunga, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I went in 15 min early , she began the interview immediately. Asked basic questions and i was hired on the spot. I declined because I thought I could find a store closer to my house.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an unhappy customer? If a customer brought up an item that rang up differently than how it was priced, what would you do? Tell me about a time when you had to correct a mistake at work.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Interviewed and heard back in two days via email they had hired internally. Seemed like it would be great company to work for. Interview was one on one in a hotel lobby. There was about 20 questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to review a staff member and had to give them criticism how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Cashier/Processor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I applied at a job fair. They liked it that my availability was open for the most part. I got a call a couple of days later saying that I got an interview. Also, they told me to make sure to bring my social security card and bc. I guess they already knew that they were going to hire me. I went in, told the cashier I had an interview. She told me to wait by their furniture area. After a couple of minutes, the manager came out and took me to the back, asked me basic interview questions. Told me I was hired. Did paper work and I started the next week.

Database Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I applied online. I was asked for a face to face interview two months later. I thought it was a very long process. It was a panel interview with a development director, and two other people. It ended up being only an 30 minute interview, and felt very rushed. They didn't seem to explain the mission of Goodwill, or much of what I would I would be doing. I got the sense that no one liked me in the room.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix our database?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

The hiring process was conducted in a professional manner. I was given two interviews. The first one was with the manager of the program and the second one was with the Vice President of the Vocational program. I was provided a tour of the program and given extensive trainings which came with a certificate after completion. I really enjoyed working around the people and the being able to wear jeans on Fridays. Overall, this was a good entry level job.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me one of your most challenging moments and tell me how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Workforce Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then had to travel to headquarters about 70 miles away for interview in person. Questions were typical. Met in two separate offices for in person interview. Met with future supervisor and then with HR supervisor. It was redundant and nerve racking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. They told me what the job was and salary. You either take it or leave it.

PR Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill (Charleston, SC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then in person with 3 managers. They asked many of the common interview questions but the interviewers were really hard to read. Had a final interview with same people plus ceo and there were several job specific behavioral questions. Followed up much later than planned to say I didn't get the job

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Tucson, AZ (US)).

Interview

I was called for an interview at the store. It was pretty basic. She asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work for Goodwill. Then a weird timed math test where all the answers were 12. I was given a short tour of the backroom area and told that HR would be checking my references and that I would get a call from them. That call came almost a week later. I got a voicemail from a lady at the corporate office. It took several days for her to return my call since I called after office hours and left a message. When she called me I was told I was invited to an 8 hour long orientation class in another week. Luckily we were paid for this 8 hours, which I wasn't told until later. It took a little over two weeks to actually begin working in the store.

Interview Questions

• I was basically hired on the spot by the assistant store manager, then had to be turned over to HR dept. for background checks. The only tricky thing was the math test listed above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you that everyone starts at minimum wage but that you are guaranteed a full 40 hours a week as though that makes up for it.

Job Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Greensboro, NC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It took a month and a half before I received a call for the interview. There was a panel interview. Because it is a non profit corporation it takes longer to receive feedback. They do not let you know salary. They will send out an offer letter if you are the chosen candidate.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday and got a call on the following Monday to come in for an interview. I went in the next day for the interview. It was about 10 minutes long. The questions weren't very hard. There were a lot of "tell me about a time that..." questions. I thought it went very well but they said they had a few more interviews to do and they would let me know in a couple days if I got the job. The following business day I got a call saying that I was being offered the job and to come in the following day to fill out paperwork and go for a drug test. The whole process from when I applied to when I was hired was only about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you....just a lot of questions like this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A