Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated 31 Oct, 2014
Updated 31 Oct, 2014

2.3

E-commerce Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

They will hire anyone just to fill a position. As they say, there is no one that can't be replaced. Turn over is very high. The Management staff that does the interviewing acts as though you are bothering them.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just basically if you are willing to take the job, it is offered to you.   Answer Question
    no negotiation...take it or leave it.

Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

It takes months to get hired. Be patient. They are non profit obviously so for some reason it takes a while. They were very nice, but it seemed to take forever to get a call back.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate your pay upfront. Raises aren't that great.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific Beach, CA (US)

interviewed at Goodwill in July 2014.

I applied online and was emailed and called back the next day. When I went in for the interview, there were two people there, but only one did the talking. She asked me questions about my ideal job, past experience, and whether I had any management experience. I am definitely "overqualified" by my education for the position, which became more apparent in the interview. I feel like I didn't fit the mold of what they were expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but she asked me if I had management experience, so I'm not sure why that was asked, since I was just applying to be a cashier.   View Answer

Computer Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill in July 2014.

The phone call and interview process was very professional and friendly. I never felt uncomfortable, awkward, or nervous. The interviewer was very friendly and courteous. I believe Goodwill would be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a situation when you were behind schedule or deadline?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach people that are difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Applied online. Got a call back like a week later. Went in for the interview and manager asked me questions about past experiences such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and what was the outcome" He asked me multiple questions like this. We went over my job experience and he asked the usual interview questions and told me he would call me if I got the job. I didnt hear from them for about 1 week and thought that I didnt get the job. Eventually manager called and said that they would like to hire me because there 1st choice for the job didnt go through. I accepted the job and he told me that I would need to wait for my background check to clear and that it would take about a week. I was nervous about my background check because I had gotten into trouble with the law when I was a minor. So the manager called and told me that my background check cleared and they need me to fill out all the paperwork. Going to start working this week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Donor Specialist Interview

It was very simple and basically hassle free. Background check. The Donor Specialist position is not a management job, so the hiring process for this position was extremely simple. I really don't have any other input, they just want to make sure that a person is physically able to perform this job due to heavy lifting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as this is not a management position. The main question seemed to deal with honesty. As a Donor Specialist, especially at an independent location, there's the concern of theft.   Answer Question

Workforce Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

I completed the online application and received a call back for a face to face interview. I received a call back maybe a few weeks later for a face to face interview. Basic 1:1 interview with the manager.

Sales Clerk Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

app for another location called saying they had an opening else where. Went in for interview few days later. Normal question asked, said they had like 8 other people so no clue why they even bother to call me when i app for some where else. Been two month and no call back. See they are hiring for the same job NOT going to reapply.

Interview Questions
    • Just wanted to know if i could drive and work the hours.   Answer Question

Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

Applied online, I got a call back within a week. Interview was at the headquarters in Denver. I waited about 20 minutes until I actually got interviewed. The room I was interviewed in wasn't a very appropriate setting, the lady was wearing dirty jeans and a old t-shirt, and the room was filled with junk and there was trash all over place. Wearing slacks and a button up dress shirt was obviously too much for this interview. The questions were straightforward, and about a month later, I still have not received a call back letting me know if I got the job or not. No worries, I've gotten plenty of better job offers since then.

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very fast. My first initial contact was a phone interview and next was a face to face interview with the store manager and assistant manager. I was hired the same day as my interview. The process was great and interviewers were very professional.