Good Technology

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Confidential Interview

Confidential

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Good Technology.

Interview Details Standard fare stuff. The process started with a by-the-numbers phone call with a recruiter, followed by in-person interviews with 6 executives over the course of two days. I received an offer from another company during the process, and I was impressed by the speed and good disposition of Good's response.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual or particularly memorable. It was straightforward.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Good Technology

Interview Details Straight forward - expect to meet 3-5 people depending on level.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Do your homework and know the industry.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Good Technology in July 2013.

Interview Details Called in for 1-1 interviews. 4 interviews back to back. It was shared with me that I was one of 5 being called in for 1-1's within that week and would then be determined who would be called back for final round with HRVP. Nice group of HR folks, good energy, but not well prepared - most did not have a copy of resume and I sensed never reviewed it. A few focused questions but mostly very casual conversations. Expected to hear a yes or no on further interviews - never heard back by phone or email.

Interview Question – none - no difficult or unexpected question(s)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Senior Software Engineer II
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Good Technology.

Interview Details Initial communication was over email via LinkedIn. I was contacted by a recruiter and then Began with several phone interviews. In all honesty, I had never heard of Good Technology before I was contacted. The phone interviews went well and this led to a 1/2-day in-person interview with 4 employees (from multiple departments). Since that went reasonably well, the final step was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. All in all, it was a favorable experience.

Interview Question – Not that the questions were difficult, but one of the interviewers was "less than seasoned" to put it politely. He seemed to be very mechanical in his interviewing style, exchanged NO pleasantries (not even a hello when he entered the room), and stared as his notes while seemingly reading predetermined questions for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a "reasonable" offer.

Senior Direcctor Marketing Interview

Senior Direcctor Marketing
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Good Technology in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial interviews are scheduled with junior staff.
long delays in obtaining interview status
from HR.
HR dictates compensation and conflict w hiring unit .

Interview Question – HR asked lowest compensation amount I would accept to take the job....it seemed an unprofessional question   View Answer

Sales Operations Associate Interview

Sales Operations Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Good Technology in June 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my resume on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. I had a few phone interviews, I was brought in for a face to face with the hiring manager and a few team members. I had a verbal offer within 24 hours. It was an easy transition and I'm really happy I accepted!

Interview Question – Very easy going interview - just had to know my job and the right questions to ask about the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details Interview went very well

Interview Question – Do you have any questions, several times.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Interview Details Recruiter calls, sets up a phone interview. Phone interview was very well organized. Called on-site. On-site interview was very well-organized. Post-interview/offer process is a mess. Recruiter was snobby and kind of forced me to tell my current compensation details. He said "We will NOT proceed if you don't tell your compensation numbers". I haven't checked but it may very well be against the law to do so.

Reason for Declining – Recruiter played games. When he came to know that my current salary is very low, he started demeaning my current company and the job and talking highly about the new company. He kept on saying that your offer is being printed. He asked me to gather references but never asked for them. Excuses, Excuses and Excuses to delay giving me a written offer letter. First, their administrator was on vacation who would have typed the letter, then their EVP was travelling, then their administrator was in an orientation. Finally, they gave a verbal offer. They said, they will give the written in an hour but than they backtracked. At this time, I had have enough of them. I told them honestly and clearly about getting tired of the games they have been playing. Character is more important than any higher paycheck out there !

My advise to all the candidates out there is that don't base your decision based on my experience. If you like Good and the position - go for it ! But don't get into the trap. As a general rule:
1. Never disclose your salary/compensation
2. The recruiter never works for you - he works for the company and thinks for the good of it !
3. Don't generalize my experience with other opportunities. The team I interviewed with seem bright and were all happy.
4. If wealth is lost something is lost, if character is lost everything is lost !
5. Don't sell yourself - you are not a resource ! You are a human being with a heart ! Work for a company that treats you like one.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Senior Technical Recruiter
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details the interview and hiring process was seamless, the initial contact from the in house recruiter was professional and everything went quickly all the way through my first day of employment

Negotiation Details – the offer was great so there was no need to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Senior Software Engineer II
Boxborough, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details Had telephonic interview C++ good questions but pretty easy

Interview Question – Most of the question very basic   View Answer

Worked for Good Technology? Contribute to the Community!