Golin

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Golin in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, heard back a month later. Had a phone interview, then was immediately asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with three people while I was there, all nice women. The office in LA was very nice and located literally in the heart of the financial district. The interview experience was a good one. It felt a bit rushed because I could tell they were busy based on their comments.

Interview Question – What are your strengths? What makes you a better fit for this position than other candidates?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Golin.

Interview Details Had two rounds of interviews. One was with the VP and then with the Associates I would be working under. The initial screening is with the HR department and they definitely want people with previous internship experience. If you have that and can talk about it confidently, getting the job is easy.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with Radian6?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor/Senior Manager Interview

Account Supervisor/Senior Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golin.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to meet with a group of hiring managers. It's important to note that this was the second time I've been asked to meet with GolinHarris about an available opportunity. The first time, I had an excellent meeting but shortly after, the recruiter fell silent. I found out later that a freeze was placed on the search because they failed to obtain a client. A few years passed and I met with GolinHarris again. Like my previous experience, my impression of the interview process was again, less than stellar. After being told that I would be a "great fit", I met with a few of the hiring managers. Albeit, the meeting went very well but one of the people that was supposed to join us for the meeting flaked, resulting in them asking me to come in again when that person was available. Long story short, the second meeting never happened and after following-up, I received an email 2 weeks later where I was given a generic reason for the change of heart. Side note: These interviews are long, so be prepared. Both times were well over 2 hrs.

Interview Question – There weren't any "difficult" questions per se, but there were a lot of detailed questions where examples where required. Most questions that were asked were of average difficulty, some requiring slightly more thought than others. The interview felt very much like a conversation, but you definitely won't get away with giving throwaway answers.   Answer Question

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golin.

Interview Details Straightforward as far as PR internships go. Online application and several in person interviews at the office. Team was friendly and smart!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in PR?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Golin in July 2012.

Interview Details Very relaxed company culture. Easy interviewing. They test your character fit and ability to speak coherently as you will be client-facing.

Negotiation Details – It was for an intern position, so there was no negotiating.

Senior Writer Interview

Senior Writer
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Golin in June 2009.

Interview Details I was contacted by an employee at the firm and told they were looking for a writer on a project ASAP - spoke to one supervisor on the phone and another in person, and was told to email my writing/project portfolio, and was very quickly offered the job. Extremely efficient, excellent experience.

Interview Question – Please describe your specific skill set when it comes to the political process and public policy...   Answer Question

Worked for Golin? Contribute to the Community!