Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
2,082 Interview Reviews

3.2

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Drop in first round interview at the Boston Career Forum. No unexpected or difficult questions. Just went through resume, asked to pitch a stock, elaborate on roles and responsibilities in past internships, why Goldman Sachs, why this position, and why Asia.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

Applied in November, got email notification for a phone interview in January. First round interview includes 2 phone calls of 20min each calling from operations people. Basically all behavioral questions. I got questions like "share some experience of how you dealt with risks in your life" and "walk me through your resume". Be prepared for a Chinese self-introduction if you are applying for positions in China.

Interview Questions

Interview

On campus interview. An MD and a analysts flew to camous for the interview

Interview Questions

• Describe the past 52 weeks trends for the stock that you pitched.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On campus recruiting at a LAC, only did initial phone interview. Was invited to superday but declined due to other offer

Interview Questions

• Mostly behaviour/fit questions, about resume, why GS, why the particular division/location.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Toronto, ON) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted several weeks later for an interview at my University, which they recruit out of. I was a math major, who had applied out of interest, but it turns out that Goldman was conducting on campus recruiting at the same time, which I was unaware of. Most of the students I was competing against were finance students (predictably).

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, standard resume/coverletter/transcripts. Received an email to complete a fairly extensive online application which read much like a supplemental application.

First round was on campus, one-on-one with an analyst from the target office. The interview was a fair blend of behavioural and technical.

Got invited to the super day at the office, what followed was an intense set of 6 interviews in their boardroom with anywhere from one to 4 people interviewing you from various levels of the office. Lots of technical questions, mainly stemming from the industry the regional office specializes in (oil and gas). Various valuation questions, DCF, accounting questions, and a ton of information regarding the industry.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 Calgary based energy companies listed on the TSX.   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Calgary, AB) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Phone interview for first round. Goldman likes to ask questions in their own form. Rather than asking what your stock pitch is, they would ask about what you would do with $1 million today. It is more implicit and you gotta be sharp on your feet to pick up the clues they throw at you.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal WACC? - This is a test to see your technical skills and also to have a glimpse into your personal life. Why would your cost of equity be high? Do you have a lot of extra curricular activities and time is a luxury?   Answer Question

Analyst - Legal Interview

Interview

4 interviews. All 1:1 over the phone.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

If you were Ben Bernanke and were reflecting back on last 5 years, what would you think about your decisions till now?

Interview Questions

Decided to pursue a different career altogether

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview

A phone interview, asking statistics and math questions. First ask your education and working experience, then ask three different math questions, all need a pen and piece of paper to answer. The people interviewed me are nice, but them seem a little hurry. I applied through my school's career site, and didn't expect that they would email me.