Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

1,494 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting, standard resume/coverletter/transcripts. Received an email to complete a fairly extensive online application which read much like a supplemental application.

First round was on campus, one-on-one with an analyst from the target office. The interview was a fair blend of behavioural and technical.

Got invited to the super day at the office, what followed was an intense set of 6 interviews in their boardroom with anywhere from one to 4 people interviewing you from various levels of the office. Lots of technical questions, mainly stemming from the industry the regional office specializes in (oil and gas). Various valuation questions, DCF, accounting questions, and a ton of information regarding the industry.

Interview Question – Name 5 Calgary based energy companies listed on the TSX.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, was contacted several weeks later for an interview at my University, which they recruit out of. I was a math major, who had applied out of interest, but it turns out that Goldman was conducting on campus recruiting at the same time, which I was unaware of. Most of the students I was competing against were finance students (predictably).

Interview Question – How would you value a company?   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details On campus recruiting at a LAC, only did initial phone interview. Was invited to superday but declined due to other offer

Interview Question – Mostly behaviour/fit questions, about resume, why GS, why the particular division/location.   Answer Question

Analyst - Legal Interview

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details 4 interviews. All 1:1 over the phone.

Interview Question – nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview Details A phone interview, asking statistics and math questions. First ask your education and working experience, then ask three different math questions, all need a pen and piece of paper to answer. The people interviewed me are nice, but them seem a little hurry. I applied through my school's career site, and didn't expect that they would email me.

Interview Question – whats the chance that an uneven coin had 3 heads up.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details If you were Ben Bernanke and were reflecting back on last 5 years, what would you think about your decisions till now?

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to pursue a different career altogether

Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview Details round 1 on phone with stafffer, round 2 in office with associates

Interview Question – why does a bullet travel fast   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the Summer internship analyst position. First, I was given a test on financial concepts. Two weeks later, I was interviewed on the phone. The questions were very general and consisted of me describing my past experiences. Two months after that, I was interviewed one on one about technical/mathematical concepts. For instance, one of the questions was: What is 97^2 ?

Interview Question – List 3 methods used in accounting for investments   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – N/A

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

Interview Details This is a phone interview experience with Goldman Sachs. The person that interviewed me was an Executive Director who was very laid back. It was pretty much all based on fit questions as well as several questions about Goldman Sachs. Just general stuff, not too complicated. I'm waiting for the next step and will definitely keep everyone posted

Interview Question – What makes us different from other companies?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2009.

Interview Details Applied through campus job posting in mid Sep. Received email to schedule for a phone interview around early Oct and it lasted about 30 minutes. Pure fit questions. Pretty much just went through your whole resume and the interviewer was very very nice. I almost forgotten that it was an interview but a casual conversation about my past experiences...The most "interesting" part is that when he asked if I had anything not listed on resume and would like him to know...I thought about it for a second and decided to tell him something interesting about myself - I was a participant in a Guinness World's Record. He literally bursted out laughing and kept on asking me the details. No technical questions at all except the "Why Goldman / operations and Why Asia"...Still waiting for response for 2nd round interview

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume and you would like me to know.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All 1,494 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.