Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

83 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview Details round 1 on phone with stafffer, round 2 in office with associates

Interview Question – why does a bullet travel fast   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Question – Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details The interview process included a couple of case studies and very technical questions about the previous job and the work done.

Interview Question – Which JAVA API did you use in your previous job?   View Answer

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Initial phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews- each round consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews.

Interview Question – No difficult questions- I had anticipated the tricky questions, but mostly, it was a pleasant conversation.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details Intense. Requires careful preparation. Seek feedback through mock interviews before superday. Have conviction.

Interview Question – Most questions are derivatives of questions on prep guides. I was asked how to solve the European crisis, which was expected. The surprise was the detailed follow-up on nuances. It was basically a pressure session.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed with 15+ investment banking professionals; everybody was friendly and engaging, but each interview was challenging

Interview Question – "What is 13 times 14?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details 0. A lot of discussion about my under grad college,its campus,hostel life,( even food quality !!). Then why not Phd-difference in academiic and corporate life etc etc?
1. What is outlier? Why we are concerned about them - give a situation ? How to detect it? 2008 crisis-extreme value theory?
2. What do you mean by lift chart?
3. Stability of a system? Describe eigenvalues and eigenvectors?
4. What do you mean by Factor Analysis?
5. logistic regression? how to estimate its parameters? how to know whether it is a good model or not? Give an example of it.
6. When is a PDE parabolic? Methods to solve PDE numerically? Explain Finite Difference Method
7.Describe CLT?
8. How to Estimate parameters of ARIMA model?What is ACF?

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details pretty standard interviews. spoke with almost everyone in the team. Goldman focuses on team work so character matters a lot, of course you have to be a qualified candidate first. It was overall a very positive interview experience. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and nice. It was a very long process, round by round. Be prepared.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment. Had 1 written test, HR interview and then 2 interviews at GS office.

Interview Question – Nothing specific. Just some basic Finance/Accounting questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a standard compensation for all Campus grads. But they pay the best salaries to freshers compared to other companies.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Analyst interview questions and advice. All 83 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.