GoPro Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep, 2014

2.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GoPro.

The interview process here took about a month from initial recruiter contact to final decision, and was great from start to finish. While I didn't end up getting an offer, I found every single person I met with to be very professional and passionate about the company, I was impressed with all of the people I met. It seems like it would be a great place to work, especially for a young (early thirties) man. It is a very heavily male/sporty/casual culture, and I suspect that it would be very difficult for someone that looks different to be accepted. (This is not a criticism, it is human nature to choose people that look just like you, especially at a young company.)

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find that the interviews followed any sort of set format - the conversations were all very open and organic in terms of what was going on in the industry and the specific needs of the business, and how my particular skill set was relevant. There did seem to be a little bit of disagreement or maybe empire-building going on within/between two of the organizations - but I think that is to be expected with a company that is growing so quickly.   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoPro in August 2014.

I was initially contacted on Linkedin and was scheduled for a phone interview a few days later. It was basic questions about my current role and my work history. She then told me she wanted to invite me to come in for an On-Site interview. That was scheduled for the following week. The general atmosphere there is very friendly and fun. The first two interviewers were RC's and told you about the day to day responsibilities. The next two were managers and asked behavioral questions.

Director Image Quality Assessment Interview

Overall, I didn't like their culture. I asked a few questions regarding day to day job responsibilities and she was very vague about it. Also, I didn't feel like the interviewer like his job also. I work for a well known company.

Long Commute

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GoPro.

After applying online, I received an email about setting up a 30 min phone interview. Sadly, the coordinator did not specify who I would be speaking to (other than, WE will contact you on ....", so I had no idea who was going to call me during the interview.

I could tell that the interviewer was extremely inexperienced. She asked how my weekend was and then jumped right into asking me questions. It would've been nice if she could explain the interview process and give a quick intro on the company and what it is that they're looking for. She asked me how much I was making, but failed to discuss compensation for the role, which I thought was weird. Maybe, it's because I'm used to Recruiters being upfront before moving forward.

Overall, I didn't feel to confident about the working culture. I asked a few questions regarding day to day job responsibilities and she was very vague about it. Also, I didn't feel like she sold me on idea of leaving my current role, especially since I work for a well known company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay organized? What has been your painpoint in your current position? What do you know about GoPro? Why GoPro? Tell me about yourself? General questions   Answer Question

Director Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GoPro in March 2014.

I found an opening on GoPro's site and proceeded to contact a few acquaintances within the company. Afterwards I submitted my resume via one of these contacts and got an initial phone screen interview. Prior to the phone screen I was required to sign an NDA. The Phone interview was pretty straight-forward, asking about business acumen and experience.

The next phase was a round of in-person interviews with 5-6 people in various cross-functional roles. A week later I was asked to come back in the next day for a second round. The second round was with 3 people, and an additional person via Skype. I was told it was between myself and another person.

After 2 weeks I was notified via email that they opted to go with another candidate. IOverall it was a good experience

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, business experience and skill set.   Answer Question

POP Channel Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GoPro.

I was contacted by a member of their recruiting team to set up a phone interview via email. After a couple of messages back and forth to make sure a time frame worked, I never heard anything back. The next day I get a call from the recruiter asking if I was ready for the phone interview. While taken aback slightly, this was not a problem, but should have foreshadowed the lack of professionalism that this company has. The phone interview went well and was immediately scheduled for round 2. After speaking with the person that would potentially be my boss for near an hour during round 2, I was fast tracked to an in person interview. During this interview, I spent four hours meeting with six different people that make up the team. This was very exciting for me and I really appreciated the opportunity to meet with everyone and get valuable insights of the company. Most of the questions were typical interview questions about my previous experience and why I thought I was a fit. I thought it went fairly well but obviously one is in no way guaranteed a job just because they interviewed at a company. This is where my problem lies with GoPro. I spent roughly six hours with them and never heard from them again. I waited about a week post interview and called to check on the status. I was told by the initial recruiter that I spoke with that she was out of the loop and would have someone else call me back that day with an update. Never did. I then called that person directly a few days later and spoke with her asking for an update. She said that the team was discussing and would call me back later that day with an update. Again, no call. I then tried back about a week later knowing that my chances were pretty much eliminated, but it would be nice to be told that. Again, I was told that the team was deciding and I would be called back shortly. Shocker! Never heard a word. I understand that a company cannot respond to everyone that applies to a position. What I do not understand, and find INCREDIBLY unprofessional, is to not have the courage to tell someone "No" after they spend six hours interviewing and almost miss out on another opportunity while they anxiously await word from you.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was regarding my experience from a couple of different interviewers. Some thought I was over qualified and wanted to know why I wanted the job, while two others thought I was under-qualified and wanted to know if I could handle the load. No questions were hard, it was just confusing to get such different responses.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Hiring process involved an initial phone interview with an internal recruiter. Overall I would say it was more of a poor reflection on the recruiter rather than the company, but she was extremely unprepared, repeated herself (facts,info about the company, questions) multiple times. Overall, it was an unprofessional interview that I found very offputting, and ultimately cut short intentionally (I made up that I had an emergency meeting I had to run to so I could get off the phone).

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was the individual began asking me about unrelated positions I held while in college. Not really sure what she was getting at with the questions, I think maybe she just thought they were interesting?   Answer Question

NetSuite Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoPro.

Got the phone call from recruiter, a very nice lady and very follow up. Then she passed me to have interview with Hiring manager after couple days. It was a quick turnaround. The recruiter team was very follow up the process update you the interview details and feedback.

Interview Questions
    • It was all common questions, would you introduce yourself / Do you know NetSuite one world.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GoPro in January 2012.

I was originally made aware of this position by Robert Half back in 2012. The interview and hiring process was pretty straight forward. I applied through my recruiter and received a call from HR a few days later. It was not an interview. We only went over a few formalities. I went in for an interview a few days after that. It was a panel interview with the director of inventory and logistics and 2 of the sales operations managers. The whole thing lasted about one and a half hour. Initial questions revolved around my resume and prior experience. We went briefly into what my role would entail but most of the interview really centered around company culture. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • There were not many challenging or technical questions. At the time, my position was more entry level.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. My recruiter negotiated for me.