GlaxoSmithKline

Updated 22 Feb, 2015
Updated 22 Feb, 2015

3.1

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Easy and direct questions to know about yourself and situational based questions. The interviewer was calm and makes you comfortable. You should prepare well and get to know the company to be able to answer questions

Submission Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Both phone interview and on-site interview asked about behavioural questions. The interviewers seemed to be friendly, but it was very difficult to tell whether they were satisfied by your answers.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you to complete a sentence: I got in trouble when…...   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied for the position through college internship program. Had initial pre-screening telephone interview with someone in Human Resources. Was contacted in a few days for an in-person interview (through college coordinator). Interviewed by two people in the regulatory affairs department. In-person interview took about an hour. Received an offer two days later.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

long interview process, 6 interviews in total ,meet too many people and alot of time was taken up and is hard to do when working elsewhere. I found HR staff to be average, hard o schedule ON EVERYONES SCHEDULE TIMINGS.

none

Medical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

1st interview-District Manager, 2nd interview- Human Resource, 3rd interview- regional manager

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2012.

After submitting online application, was contacted by recruiter for a phone screen that lasted about an hour. This was a pre-screen and consisted of questions regarding my knowledge of the company, how I could make a difference and how I would approach the position given the current regulations.

Interview Questions
    • As an MSL, how would you tailor your presentation knowing who the audience was.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2011.

Why would you like to work for this company?
    Interview with managers and waiting for an respond , usually one of the question at the beginning opens a conversation. They ask you about experience , trouble shooting and behavioural questions , they keep friendly open discussions to come you down if you are a little nervous.
    Of course they asked you abut the biggest weakness, or your the biggest strengths.
    How you approach a problem to solve, what kind of techniques you use to deal with a problem.

Chemical Engineering Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied for the position via the gsk site. The contacted me after about one month and I had to pass through a phone interview. After that they invited me to the assessment day. That day I had to give a presentation and attend a technical and a competency-based interview. A tour of the manufacturing site was also scheduled, led by other industrial placement students.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between risk and hazard?   View Answer
    • Tell me a time when you inspired a group of people or led a team to success   Answer Question
    • Tell me an area in which you have improved recently   Answer Question
    • What are the properties that you need to know to design a mixing vessel (fluid properties and mixing tank material properties)?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve a drying process?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2015.

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions
    • Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?   View Answer
    • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.   View Answer

Had other offer from another pharma company

Future Leaders Programmer - Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

First rounds - Online Application Form, Online Psychometric Tests were relatively easy to complete
    Second round - Video interview: behavioural questions only. About 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer each. An additional 2 minutes at the back to add additional comments or clarify anything you might have been unclear or have missed out.
    Final round - Assessment day: ability test, behavioural interview, role play, individual written exercise and a presentation. Make sure to read up on the process and GSK's competencies before the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you took a risk and how you made your decision   Answer Question