GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
141 interviews

3.1

Regulatory Affairs Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied for the position through college internship program. Had initial pre-screening telephone interview with someone in Human Resources. Was contacted in a few days for an in-person interview (through college coordinator). Interviewed by two people in the regulatory affairs department. In-person interview took about an hour. Received an offer two days later.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

long interview process, 6 interviews in total ,meet too many people and alot of time was taken up and is hard to do when working elsewhere. I found HR staff to be average, hard o schedule ON EVERYONES SCHEDULE TIMINGS.

none

Operator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2011.

Why would you like to work for this company?
    Interview with managers and waiting for an respond , usually one of the question at the beginning opens a conversation. They ask you about experience , trouble shooting and behavioural questions , they keep friendly open discussions to come you down if you are a little nervous.
    Of course they asked you abut the biggest weakness, or your the biggest strengths.
    How you approach a problem to solve, what kind of techniques you use to deal with a problem.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

1st interview-District Manager, 2nd interview- Human Resource, 3rd interview- regional manager

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2012.

After submitting online application, was contacted by recruiter for a phone screen that lasted about an hour. This was a pre-screen and consisted of questions regarding my knowledge of the company, how I could make a difference and how I would approach the position given the current regulations.

Interview Questions
    • As an MSL, how would you tailor your presentation knowing who the audience was.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

The whole process consisted of one HR phone screen, and one afternoon meeting with three people (two engineers, one HR rep) and a tour of the manufacturing facility. I was told that I would probably need to come back to meet with one other person but that did not happen. Two weeks after the panel interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a technician who was resistant to your process improvements?   Answer Question
    Offer was very fair based on my degree and experience. I did not negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very stressful interview. Too many rounds. HR interview is stupid, but the interview with executive director was difficult.
    Too much stress on sales and less on marketing even though the position was for marketing. Overall a very good expereince

Not at all. They didn't make any room for it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question
    During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Investigator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Pretty short interview compared to other big pharmaceuticals I interviewed at. Gave a research talk (45 min with questions after). Besides research talk, rest of interview was not that technical. There were 5 one on one interviews. they have questions that you answer using the star method. So they ask situational questions where you dealt with a difficult teammate or implemented a process improvement, stuff like that. People were very friendly and made sure I had time to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were from senior scientific managers during my talk   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

1ST WRITTEN test,
    where some basic english,maths and about company questions.

2nd HR round
    where about your introduction and other questions subject

and finally last round with area sales manager,regional sales manger,zonal sales manager
    asks different type of questions.

be confident and answer with a smile.

Location not suitable

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!