GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Regulatory Affairs Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied for the position through college internship program. Had initial pre-screening telephone interview with someone in Human Resources. Was contacted in a few days for an in-person interview (through college coordinator). Interviewed by two people in the regulatory affairs department. In-person interview took about an hour. Received an offer two days later.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

long interview process, 6 interviews in total ,meet too many people and alot of time was taken up and is hard to do when working elsewhere. I found HR staff to be average, hard o schedule ON EVERYONES SCHEDULE TIMINGS.

none

Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2011.

Why would you like to work for this company?
    Interview with managers and waiting for an respond , usually one of the question at the beginning opens a conversation. They ask you about experience , trouble shooting and behavioural questions , they keep friendly open discussions to come you down if you are a little nervous.
    Of course they asked you abut the biggest weakness, or your the biggest strengths.
    How you approach a problem to solve, what kind of techniques you use to deal with a problem.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

1st interview-District Manager, 2nd interview- Human Resource, 3rd interview- regional manager

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2012.

After submitting online application, was contacted by recruiter for a phone screen that lasted about an hour. This was a pre-screen and consisted of questions regarding my knowledge of the company, how I could make a difference and how I would approach the position given the current regulations.

Interview Questions
    • As an MSL, how would you tailor your presentation knowing who the audience was.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist/Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

I was emailed for a screening interview over the phone. We scheduled for the following week. I was interviewed by two pleasant scientists, who asked me technical questions that pertained to the position, no behavioral questions. I sent a follow up email and never heard back from them. It's been about 3-4 weeks since the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. They were really just; what is your experience with this or that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2013.

The process started by the exchange of a few emails with an HR manager. After the submition of my CV and cover letter, she put me in contact with my future manager. Then, I got a phone interview with this manager and her boss. After several questions on my CV and my experience, they asked me why GSK, why Procurement and ultimately, to describe a discount I had nogatiated in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a discount you have negotiated in your life. It could be anything.   Answer Question
    I was asked what were my expectations in terms of salary. I replied I was not asking much but I wanted to be financially independent so I would appreciate to have enough for food and accomodation. The manager said, without mentionning any amount, that they would give me a small compensation. Eventually, £1200/ month was more than enough

Management Tranee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

They will explain the whole management training program before the assessment day. Assessment day has four tests: action plan( written ) role play (oral), group presentation and discussion and finally behavioral interview. Just try to be your self. Know about business. Have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interview was the hardest part because I have been exhausted during the earlier exercises and they want you to be very specific.(situation, example, and outcome).   Answer Question

Medical Center Representative Interview

It took about a month before the interview. The office looks great and is very impressive. There will be 3 interviews after you pass the examination/screening. First interview is with the HR who will ask all the basic information about you. If you're a fresh graduate, that will be your school academic achievements, organizations you've joined, your leadership and teamwork experiences. The 2nd interview is usually a panel comprising of 2-3 district managers who will ask questions that will challenge your logic and decision-making skills. The 3rd interview is with the CEO which i think is just to formalize the hiring process.

Investigator Interview

Received and initial email from the hiring manager in which we agreed upon a set time for a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was completely inappropriate. The interview started off great, and was asked where I wanted to be in 5 years. Once my answer was given the manager seemed as though they felt threatened and were completely rude the rest of the interview. I was emailed to set up an on-site interview, though I declined due to the uncomfortableness I encountered with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!