Giant Eagle

Updated 10 Feb, 2015
Updated 10 Feb, 2015

2.3

Bakery Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Applied on line and after a couple of weeks got an email for a phone interview. I prepared well for the phone interview but felt it was very generic matter of fact not at all personal. I was told that the only jobs they had were part time and was asked to pick between 2 different departments. The in person interview was with prepared foods and a really great experience. I was asked a couple of days later to go in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • I was given different scenarios of situations that had or could happen in the store and asked what I would do, mostly normal customer service questions. I was asked about a time that I went over and above for a customer, and how I would handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Retail Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

The interview process starts from a screening interview. You then have an onsite interview with 2 store leaders. Two separate, formal 30 minute interviews. Be prepared to talk about your past experiences. If you do well you'll have a final interview with the regional business leader. View that final interview as an opportunity to ask plenty of questions and learn a lot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about retail? What do you dislike?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an over the phone interview that I was able to schedule. The woman who called didn't reply much but did come across as very nice and understanding that I was nervous. The questions however seemed negative and just tried to figure out things I did wrong instead of right. Such as my biggest obstacle? However, it was a pleasant phone call. I did get offered the 2nd interview. Wish me luck!

None

Pharmacy Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview process was mediocre, but follow up was poor. No contact information was given at interview, and no follow up for over 5 months. Interview had a scheduled time and ran hours behind. Process seemed disorganized, but was with appropriate staff and some employees were consistent with their part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Providing detailed information regarding company information.   Answer Question

Any Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2014.

Group interview "reservation" time set between 2-4 PM Sunday in downtown Cleveland. Upon arrival, was notified there would be no interview due to large turnout. Instructed to leave name and contact info for an interview at a nearby store at a future date. Received a $5 certificate for the Market District and a parking voucher that I did not use due to the lot being full. Did receive an e-mail the next day providing a new group interview time at a store location later in the week.

Sales Associate- Prepared Food Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2014.

Applied online, had a 10 minute screening telephone interview, several days later, the company had a group interview with between 10 to 15 interviewees. The interview was very comfortable, low stress, and interesting but lasted two hours. Successful candidates were offered jobs on the spot. We were assigned partners and had specific tasks to complete in a limited amount of time.

There was no negotiation

Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Giant Eagle.

The interview process was straight forward. I was interviewed by both the District Loss Prevention Manager and a District Rep Investigator. We had an intellectual discussion about the field I was interviewing for along with my education and work experience. Both interviewers used forensic interviewing techniques to establish a honest report which, I identified after the second question was asked based on how it was asked and the follow up question that proceeded after.

Interview Questions
    • When preparing for a interview, especially in a risk oriented position, do your research on not only the company but current risks associated with how they already do business.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

I've had 2 interviews one a while back that was a group and another recently which was one on one anyway I had this one on one interview in Sept. I did it and it went well I was even interviewed by the manager of that whole store and he said I was the perfect candidate so at the end of it he told me I would get a call within this next week but if we don't call then call us back in a week. I went home enjoyed myself since I did great in my opinion anyway the next day I was checking my email and they sent one saying I did not go to my interview so I called right away and ended up get the guy who interview me and he said that he would make sure that was fixed so after that phone call I waited a week later and called back I got some woman who did not inform me at all of who she was and basically she told me to look at my email and check it because apparently that is how they hire people in the company anyway I had a great interview but I had a crappy time getting the job which I did not get at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you were stuck in a situation you didn't know how to work it out?   View Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

After a recruiter telephone interview as well as a hiring manager telephone interview for a position at their corporate office in mid-July, 2014, it took a month to get a face-to-face interview scheduled - two weeks from that! Then, it was cancelled and rescheduled; then, a call was received to reschedule the same cancelled interview. Then, I never received the email to confirm the last rescheduled interview as promised. It was a nightmare to contact someone by telephone today to cancel the interview (tomorrow) - I accepted another job offer as I could not wait any longer for Giant Eagle. Way too many red flags. And the person who took my call never even apologized on behalf of the company. if this is any indication of how they treat their employees ------

Advanced Pharmacy Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis Center, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Giant Eagle in September 2014.

The first interview is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then you go onto meeting with someone for a physical interview. Probably one of the best interviews I've had. The manager was great. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. When applying for the Pharmacy position you have to take a short test to see how good your knowledge is on sig codes.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the typical questions. Strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question