GfK Interview Questions

Updated 27 Mar, 2015

2.9

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GfK.

Interview

Took forever for them to make arrangements. Sr person made promises that were completely untrue. Interview with line management was excellent and focused on the fit given we both knew the job was well within my skill set.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the job?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

1st round: Computer based take home interview, undergoing several data handling exercises on excel sheets

2nd and 3rd round: Face to face interviews at office, covering all kinds of questions including work experience, personality and the position

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GfK (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1 round interview. behavioral plus some case interview.
    Involved 2 hiring managers who directly work under.
    Very refreshing questions asked, similar to those in consulting but emphasize more on data analysis and statistics.
    Good to know statistics in real applications and be able to articulate and make decisions.

Interview Questions

• what kind of data source I need to determine the difference in sales of a specific product in a country that I stayed before compared to the country I stay now   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GfK (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview & then Personal Interview with 3 people. It was a straight forward interview based on case presentation on previously provided sample data, normal behavioral questions and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why GFk? Why you find yourself suitable for this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GfK (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Screening interview first, then data analysis test, then anotherfour phone interviews and one in-person interview. It took them forever to make up their mind, in total about 4 months of interviews and going back and forth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GfK (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was recruited for the role via a recruitment agency and after GfK had reviewed my CV they invited me to an interview which involved a numerical test followed by a verbal reasoning test, if my scores on these tests were satisfactory then I would have been invited to meet with the account director for an interview. If I passed that interview I would have then had to prepare and give a presentation for the final part of the interview process. I prepared well for the interview however I was overwhelmed by the pre-interview tests, 35 numerical questions to be completed in 35 minutes where there were 10 options for each questions, I was advised to adhere to the rule of quality not quantity. This however did not work for me as I missed out on the pass mark by 2 marks on both tests. The verbal reasoning test involved 48 questions to be completed in 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All numerical test questions you needed to refer to the charts and tables provided, make sure you understand what the questions are asking you and that you are good with working out percentages and ratios. With the verbal reasoning test, make sure you understand the passage provided and ensure that the statements below are either true, false or you cannot say due to the lack of evidence provided.   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GfK (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

I received a call from HR and got appointed an interview in 1 week . So, one telephone interview and live-interview, it was ok, not challenging experience. Took 1-2 hours? location very inconvenient.

Interview Questions

• a lot of behavioural questions, market-size questions and tests on analysis of statistics(very easy)   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GfK (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first was very general, Backround and experience, second; much more specific (Knowledge of Excel, Data analysis, Power point and Data analysis skills). Offered position a day after final interview, and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negociation, take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Interview

Assessment day with role multiple interviews with different levels of staff. Also a presentation with another candidate. Interviews consisted on competency questions, background and motivations for role as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• General competency questions are asked so make you have an answer for these types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer by phone the next day not much negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GfK.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How has past experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question