Genworth Financial Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014

3.1

Financial Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genworth Financial.

Received a first round interview on my college campus after talking with the recruiters at my universities job fair.
     First round interview was basic behavioral questions and a walk through of my resume.

Second interview was a phone interview. I was asked more behavior question like, tell me about a time when you worked in a group. They also asked me to state which of the three financial statements did I think was most important and why.

The third round interview was at the Genworth Campus. I had two interviews. Both had some technical questions. I was asked to walk the through a time value money problem and some other basic questions about the value of a dollar today vs. tomorrow. I was also asked about what I knew about Genworth. I was also ask about what I knew about current events and how that may affect Genworth's business.

Interview Questions
    • Why would someone want to invest in bonds to raise capital oppose to other sources?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial in April 2014.

Email from HR, several questions regarding salary expectations, experience, etc.
    Telephone interview with HR, 30 minutes. Friendly talking, typical behavioral questions, i.e., introducing yourself, why switch jobs.
    Panel interviews with six people, one HR director, two department leaders, one department director, the controller, and the hiring manager.
    Follow up telephone interview with hiring manager again. More detailed questions and emphasis about job specifics.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Very professional. Be prepared for behavioral as well as professional questions.   Answer Question
    Have not received the official offer from the company. Recruiter provided the company's hiring decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

Applied online. In a week or so, was contacted by the college recruiter to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview and heard back in two weeks for second-round interviews. Had the second-round interview and should be hearing back from them in a week or so on the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions were asked about why I wanted the position and why Genworth. Questions about my experience, leadership, communication, and project management skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Questions
    • Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

IT Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genworth Financial in February 2014.

I applied via my school's online job search. I then had a phone interview with some relatively easy/simple technical interview questions. It then went to a on-site interview with 3 different interviewers who asked mainly behavioral questions and 2 simple technical questions based on the programming languages I had on my resume

Interview Questions
    • They put an incorrect coding program on the whiteboard including interfaces that I needed to correct   Answer Question
    The offer was given less that 24 hours after the on-site interview. There wasn't much negotiation, and there was a stipend for relocating.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genworth Financial.

First Round was a regular phone screening where they asked me about my experiences in the clubs/organizations I was a part of and stuff about my internship

Second rounds consisted of 7 back to back interviews with questions relating to cash flow statements, excel skills, prior internship experiences and market outlook.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you invest given the current market conditions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question
    They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

After a recruiter (third part vendor) screening I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then was called in for a full day interview. Had a 6 hour interview, total of 6, one hour sessions. Met with 8 people total, all face to face and one interviewed me on phone from different location. Except for 1 VP level person, all others were not even fit to be interviewing. One interviewer asked a question on SEI-CMM for which he did not know the answer. After I explained to him about the different levels, he blurted out" thanks for explaining, I did not know that'.

No question was out of the ordinary. If you look up on the internet on the top 20 interview questions, you should do well. Almost all interviewers asked "tell me about yourself" and "why should we pick you".

My 3th interview was an interview with sandwich for lunch. So stupid (also very cheap). How could one eat and talk at the same time. The interviewers took their sandwich to eat after the interview. They forced me to eat, but I could hardly nibble.

Interview Questions
    • One question that was repeated by 3 people because of the position was "How will you convince others of your plan/method/path or how will you sell your idea?"   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate and bump my base up by 4 % and I accepted the offer. The whole process (between the first call and the start date) took 2 months with about 2-3 weeks between each process.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

1 round of interviews with several managers in a "panel" format. Was not difficult to convey drive for the position.