General Motors Summer Intern Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in May 2013.

Applied online, after 1 month got phone call from the recruiter, then they scheduled a phone interview( I was in the US). The interview was 50 min, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • If you have trouble or inconsistency with a colleague, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

After talking with a recruiter during a networking session on campus, I received a call the following evening for an on campus interview. The interview was a first round screening of applicants. The interview process itself took about 15 to 20 minutes and candidates were interviewed back to back by two recruiters. Both recruiters asked questions and took notes on laptop/tablet. The interviewers were very friendly and there was already a level of familiarity between us, because I had met one of them during the previously mentioned networking. Questions were mainly directed to figure out the candidates personalities, interests within GM, and experiences. Case questions nor technical questions were given. The recruiters were open to questions after the interview and answered detailed questions about the possible job locations that an intern might be hired into.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time when you had a to make a decision to give up something."   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in October 2011.

Came for on campus job fair where I gave them my resume and talked to the recruiters at their table. That night they sent me an email asking when I could interview the next day. Once I finished the interview it was about 2 months until I heard back from them asking me if i was still interested and I was. Got an official offer a week or so later and accepted it.

They give everyone the same age the same salary, I didnt want to negotiate, the money was good and they paid for housing.